Current Cruise Director (CD) List

8 hours ago, CAT GIRL said:

I met Bill on the promenade and then every time I saw him after that he called me by name and 

chatted with me.  The time I saw him in the Windjammer he invited me to sit down and eat with him.  

I found him to be very social. 

That's really nice to hear. We had him on a cruise about 6 years ago and found him very quiet, and I have read many recent reports that he doesnt interact much. Good to know he is personable (or maybe he took a shine to you 😁). I have nothing against him at all just prefer more lively, fun CDs. 

11 hours ago, Cassicruiser said:

That's really nice to hear. We had him on a cruise about 6 years ago and found him very quiet, and I have read many recent reports that he doesnt interact much. Good to know he is personable (or maybe he took a shine to you 😁). I have nothing against him at all just prefer more lively, fun CDs. 

I also found him to be quite friendly, and chatted with him on a couple of occasions on the Adventure. No, he's not as outgoing and lively as some of the others, but he was nice.  The activities manager on the other hand, Magic Marvin was a hoot, and very outgoing. 

ADVENTURE:  Bill Brunckhorst until November 24, then Mercedes Lafuente
ALLURE Jimmy Rhodes November 4 until early March
ANTHEM Activities Manager (need name) until January 6, then Dennis Charles returns January 6
BRILLIANCEChris Brown September 22 until late January
EMPRESS:  Bobby Broughton  November 11 (for 4 months?)
ENCHANTMENT: Susan Adams September 6 until early November  (exact date?  Then who?)
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January, then returning in March after a short break. (exact dates? who is covering Graham's break?)
FREEDOM: Drew Devine September 29 until late January
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 14, then John Blair
HARMONY:  Michele Scarpato October 27 until sometime in February.
INDEPENDENCE:   Ken Jones (until when? sometime in December?)  then Jamie Fentiman (need handover date)
JEWEL:  Simona Ferraiuolo early November (until when, then who?)
LIBERTY: Marc Walker July 22 until January 13
MARINER: Hugo Arenas until December 3, then Ricky Matthews December 3 until January 10.
MAJESTY: Patricio Honores until sometime in January
NAVIGATOR: Cuddy Cudworth August 26 until November 23, then Rob McNally.
OASIS:  Dan Whitney November 4 (for 4 months?)
OVATIONMike Hunnerup until November 28. Joff Eaton returns November 28 for the Australian season.
QUANTUM: Who is the current CD? Fang Lixin or Paul Rutter? 
RADIANCE: John Blair August 10 until January 14, then Cuddy Cudworth
RHAPSODY: Elvis Pinto August 25 until late-December (exact date? Then who?)
SERENADE: Carly Boileau September 23 until Late November (exact date? then who?)
SYMPHONY: Abe Hughes November 9 until January 5, then Bobby Brown 
VISION:   Steve Davis early October for 4 months.
VOYAGER: Ricky Matthews late September until December 3 (then who?)

On 11/19/2018 at 11:01 AM, Cruzin-K said:

I also found him to be quite friendly, and chatted with him on a couple of occasions on the Adventure. No, he's not as outgoing and lively as some of the others, but he was nice.  The activities manager on the other hand, Magic Marvin was a hoot, and very outgoing. 

Do you know if they both changeover at the same time, or if Magic Marvin is staying on?

On 11/18/2018 at 9:22 PM, DonnaK said:

ENCHANTMENT: Susan Adams September 6 until early November  (exact date?  Then who?)

You probably saw John's review that says Susan is still on Enchantment,  I really had the impression it was short lived, but I guess things change. 

Just off Mariner,  Hugo Arenas created a fun filled Cruise Compass for all.  His 'Beautiful People' chant is a winner along with how he refers to the tenders as they go back and forth to CocoCay, if it doesn't become CocoNAY.  If you end up with him on a sailing.....expect some 'high energy' for him.  We had him as an Activity Manager on Harmony with Bobby Brown as the CD.   Everyone is aware of the "Morning Show". Hugo learned from Bobby about doing a 'nighttime version' on the last night of the sailing.   It is  when cruisers get to ask questions or he asks questions of the cruisers and he tapes it on the Promenade at around 3PM and it is up on RCTV within minutes for the rest of the night.  GREAT fun for all!

On 11/5/2018 at 6:07 AM, sdsseattle said:

I would hope people’s opinions, good or bad, aren’t being removed. Part of why I am interested in this thread is to see if upcoming cruise directors are well liked or not.  For instance, Dennis Charles on my upcoming Anthem. What do people think of him? 

Dennis was our CD for our 9 night cruise on the Anthem to NE and Canada.  We found him to be very genuine and engaging.  At one point he was walking out of the Cafe two70 carrying his lunch on a plate.  A group of passengers sitting at a table nearby called out to him.  He walked over to them and spoke with group for about 10 minutes.  He was smiling, laughing and seemed totally at ease and undisturbed about being redirected from where  he was originally going.  As a veteran, he made a lead a very moving reflection on 9/11 on the ships intercom and made it a point to recognize other veterans on board.  He personally attended the Cruise Critic M&M and was very generous with his time, giving information about RCI and invited members to ask any questions about the Anthem and RCI plans in general.  He's also an excellent singer. He is not the youngest CD and is not loud and over-the-top energetic (which I also appreciate) but he has to be doing something right as he has been a CD with RCI for something like 23-25 years!

2 hours ago, GSRDPM said:

Dennis was our CD for our 9 night cruise on the Anthem to NE and Canada.  We found him to be very genuine and engaging.  At one point he was walking out of the Cafe two70 carrying his lunch on a plate.  A group of passengers sitting at a table nearby called out to him.  He walked over to them and spoke with group for about 10 minutes.  He was smiling, laughing and seemed totally at ease and undisturbed about being redirected from where  he was originally going.  As a veteran, he made a lead a very moving reflection on 9/11 on the ships intercom and made it a point to recognize other veterans on board.  He personally attended the Cruise Critic M&M and was very generous with his time, giving information about RCI and invited members to ask any questions about the Anthem and RCI plans in general.  He's also an excellent singer. He is not the youngest CD and is not loud and over-the-top energetic (which I also appreciate) but he has to be doing something right as he has been a CD with RCI for something like 23-25 years!

Agree 100% with your Dennis Charles observations.  We were on the Anthem on her Sept. 6th sailing, and he was outstanding (and very engaged with the passengers).

Dennis Charles is probably my least favorite CD, I've been on 8 Anthem cruises with him.  My favorite so far has been Clo O'Conner.  She could have her own stand up comedy show.  I wish she would come back.  I also really liked the team of  Leigh and Erky from Turkey when  I was on Explorer many times. Too bad they no longer work for Royal.

I'm always fascinated by the difference takes on the same CDs.  We're each certainly entitled to our own opinions.  I know that one of my fav CDs has very strong supporters and detractors.:classic_ohmy:  Just goes to prove the old adage, different strokes for different folks.:classic_biggrin:  Here's hoping that you get one you like more often than one that you don't!

• Like 1

ADVENTURE:  Mercedes Lafuente  November 24
ALLURE Jimmy Rhodes November 4 until early March
ANTHEM  Dennis Charles  mid-November (until when?)
BRILLIANCEChris Brown September 22 until late January
EMPRESS:  Bobby Broughton  November 11 (for 4 months?)
ENCHANTMENT:   WHO IS THE CURRENT CD?
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January, then returning in March after a short break. (exact dates? who is covering Graham's break?)
FREEDOM: Drew Devine September 29 until late January
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 14, then John Blair
HARMONY:  Michele Scarpato October 27 until sometime in February.
INDEPENDENCE:   Ken Jones (until when? sometime in December?)  then Jamie Fentiman (need handover date)
JEWEL:  Simona Ferraiuolo early November (until when, then who?)
LIBERTY: Marc Walker July 22 until January 13
MARINER: Hugo Arenas until December 3, then Ricky Matthews December 3 until January 10.
MAJESTY: Patricio Honores until sometime in January
NAVIGATOR:   Rob McNally  November 23
OASIS:  Dan Whitney November 4 (for 4 months?)
OVATIONMike Hunnerup until November 28. Joff Eaton returns November 28 for the Australian season.
QUANTUM: Who is the current CD? Fang Lixin or Paul Rutter? 
RADIANCE: John Blair August 10 until January 14, then Cuddy Cudworth
RHAPSODY: Elvis Pinto August 25 until late-December (exact date? Then who?)
SERENADE: Carly Boileau September 23 until Late November (exact date? then who?)
SYMPHONY: Abe Hughes November 9 until January 5, then Bobby Brown 
VISION:   Steve Davis early October for 4 months.
VOYAGER: Ricky Matthews late September until December 3 (then who?)

Wait - so Dennis is back on the Anthem now instead of the beginning of January? It's not still the activities director?

I'm very sorry to hear about Dru. We got to sail with him twice - and I really liked him. Dennis I don't like as much (felt he was a little bit too full of himself and heard him talking down to his staff, which I really didn't like) but that's ok. it won't make or break a cruise for us.

Edited by MonaCK