Pick 5 promotion

Is it true if you want to exclude an item from the Pick 5 package, you cannot use the pick 5? Instead you can only pick 2 perks? If so, that is ridiculous for people like my family who don't drink.

don't have a clue but where did you get this information? now, if you are talking about reducing the price, that would be different as changing the perks whether to add or subtract one is technically changing the perk package

Pick 5 package

The promotion is actually called "TAKE ALL 5". "Pick" would imply a choice. The fact that it's called "Take ALL" is pretty explicit. If you want the promotion, you have to take all five. If you don't want the promotion, you get to choose two, like normal.

If you are in a suite you can pick any combination of the perks offered. All 5, some or none. Completely up to you.

It is not an all or nothing offer. As we don’t consume much alcohol we always pass on the drink package as the gratuity cost would be far more than the occasional glass of wine we have with dinner.

You are only limited in the number of offers you can take if you are in a lower cabin category.

Currently the website says “choose up to 5” as part of the Freedom sale promotion.

Edited by deefer

To the OP, even if you don't drink alcohol, you could still get some use out of the unlimited drink package if your religion allows for the consumption of soda (package includes fountain soda, but not cans) or "virgin" drinks.

To the OP, even if you don't drink alcohol, you could still get some use out of the unlimited drink package if your religion allows for the consumption of soda (package includes fountain soda, but not cans) or "virgin" drinks.

To add to this, package does NOT include bottled waters. So if your looking forward to bottled waters, not the package for you.

Sorry, yes, it's "Take all 5". And no, it's not pre-loaded. If you get a doctor's letter they will waive it but they're adamant they won't remove it otherwise. Because something is explicit doesn't make it logical. I feel guests should be able to remove perks they don't want without suffering other perk losses.

Sorry, yes, it's "Take all 5". And no, it's not pre-loaded. If you get a doctor's letter they will waive it but they're adamant they won't remove it otherwise. Because something is explicit doesn't make it logical. I feel guests should be able to remove perks they don't want without suffering other perk losses.

It's a "bundle" deal. You see those all the time in all sectors of life. If I buy a 5-pack of highlighters at Staples, I get the pink one whether I want it or not. I may never use the pink one, but I still have to "pay" for it in order to get the the four colors I do want. Otherwise I have to buy those colors individually and potentially pay more than I would have had I just bought the 5-pack.

I don't want to get bogged down in the semantics of it. I see both sides. I'm trying to find out if there is any way to avoid the beverage package in the "Take all 5". If the answer is no then I have to live with it and pay $400 in gratuities for nothing. I'm trying hard to lay off sodas but I do enjoy them.

It becomes logical when one realizes that NCL likely profits from the "service charge".

I don't want to get bogged down in the semantics of it. I see both sides. I'm trying to find out if there is any way to avoid the beverage package in the "Take all 5". If the answer is no then I have to live with it and pay $400 in gratuities for nothing. I'm trying hard to lay off sodas but I do enjoy them.

I thought you had already called and been told you have to take all 5 or choose 2? I suppose you could try calling again and seeing if someone else might be able to help you. Definitely, through the web site, your options are only to take all 5 or pick 2 individual perks.

I think if you are trying to save on the gratuities, you might be better off on doing the choose 2 + just paying out of pocket for whichever other perks/packages you want.

Specialty Dining is about $84 per person. The $50 excursion credit is only per port, not per port per person, so at best a $200 value if your sailing hits 4 ports? WiFi is a $125 value. Obviously the 3rd and 4th guest free is a huge savings. So maybe calculate out what you really need, choose the two perks that are the best value, and then use the $400 in gratuities you are saving by NOT doing the Take 5 to purchase the cheaper options?

I just did a "mock booking" on the Getaway, with 4 passengers, for the Choose up to 5 offers, in an H4. When it got to the selection process, it stated Two Free Offers are included with your stateroom. You may continue or add up to two more.

So, I continued, selecting SDP (this perk is for first 2 ONLY!). The Pricing Details showed the cruise costs for first 2 passengers only, Govt taxes and fees for 4 passengers, Free at Sea Offer Gratuities for guests 1 & 2 only @ $13.80.

So, yes it can be done!!!

I just did a "mock booking" on the Getaway, with 4 passengers, for the Choose up to 5 offers, in an H4. When it got to the selection process, it stated Two Free Offers are included with your stateroom. You may continue or add up to two more.

So, I continued, selecting SDP (this perk is for first 2 ONLY!). The Pricing Details showed the cruise costs for first 2 passengers only, Govt taxes and fees for 4 passengers, Free at Sea Offer Gratuities for guests 1 & 2 only @ $13.80.

So, yes it can be done!!!

Suites can always choose all, some, or none of the promos. The OP (it seems) is booking a non-suite during the "Take 5 Free" promotion which allows non-suites to take all 5 but there is less flexibility.

Suites can always choose all, some, or none of the promos. The OP (it seems) is booking a non-suite during the "Take 5 Free" promotion which allows non-suites to take all 5 but there is less flexibility.

I see what you mean, definitely less flexibility to pick and choose if not a full suite!

I made my mistake based upon a few previous remarks about suites.

I just did a dummy booking for a mini suite that had the take 4 promo. When it got to the screen to choose the promo it gave me the option to take the take 4 OR the free at sea promo which allowed you not to choose the beverage package. The base price for both options were exactly the same.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just did a dummy booking for a mini suite that had the take 4 promo. When it got to the screen to choose the promo it gave me the option to take the take 4 OR the free at sea promo which allowed you not to choose the beverage package. The base price for both options were exactly the same.

Right. The issue for the OP is that they want to take four of the five perks and that is not an option with the Take All 5 promo. They can take all five or take the normal two. I think the best solution is to take the most valuable two and pay for any additional package they want/need with the savings of not paying the service charges for the drink package.

my exact thought. i have a feeling the OP would like to save money on the gratuities and that is her objective.

I am wondering why she is asking as she has already been told it is all or nothing. if there is a 2 perk plan, she might want to take that.

If you drink 2-3 sodas per day, you will recoup the money you spent for gratuities on the package.

my exact thought. i have a feeling the OP would like to save money on the gratuities and that is her objective.

I am wondering why she is asking as she has already been told it is all or nothing. if there is a 2 perk plan, she might want to take that.

Yes, that is definitely the main reason I'm asking. I don't want to spend 1/8th of the price of the cruise tipping for something none of us will use. It doesn't seem ridiculous to skip a perk if you don't want it, but NCL gets to choose the rules.

As to why I'm asking, I've learned not to trust what a single agent says through the phone. I've been given all kinds of wrong information by the agents including the one I talked to yesterday. Forums are typically used to ask questions.