not impressed at all

jaxw17

We are all foreigners, almost everywhere ;)

Yes I agree with that . I realise that that sounds crass now I have re read it.

I meant in particular the Italians and a lot of Germans did not sanitise their hands on other ships there are a member of crew with a spray bottle and they do them as they go through. There was a member of staff there but the did not say anything to people going through who were not using the sanitisers.

Not everyone can use the sanitiser due to issues that it can use for some people with regard to skin issues.

Many times on our MSC cruises the machines have been empty and that includes those outside the Dining rooms.

Not everyone can use the sanitiser due to issues that it can use for some people with regard to skin issues.

Many times on our MSC cruises the machines have been empty and that includes those outside the Dining rooms.

That's true! I have skin issues with some sanitisers but more with perfumes which affect my respiration as well as my skin

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

There is a much better reason for not using the sanitizer and that is having properly washed the hands. I don’t care if other people are obsessed with stuff like that, carrying their own sanitizer bottles or putting the remote in plastic bags but if some random stranger tries to lecture me it will get interesting. Same as people who try to scold other people’s children... ***

There is a much better reason for not using the sanitizer and that is having properly washed the hands. I don’t care if other people are obsessed with stuff like that, carrying their own sanitizer bottles or putting the remote in plastic bags but if some random stranger tries to lecture me it will get interesting. Same as people who try to scold other people’s children... ***

I do that

I meant in particular the Italians and a lot of Germans did not sanitise their hands on other ships there are a member of crew with a spray bottle and they do them as they go through. There was a member of staff there but the did not say anything to people going through who were not using the sanitisers.

MSC don't seem so bothered about people using hand sanitisers, particularly compared to the US cruiselines.

In any case, the CDC say it is more effective to rub your hands with a dry paper towel than use hand sanitiser, and when they have their inspections they don't seem to inspect the hand sanitisers (whereas lots of other issues are called out).

MSC have had a ship based on the US for the last few years and not had to report any gastrointestinal illness outbreaks (where more than 2% of people are impacted). I'd love to say it's probably because Italians & Germans are cleaner, but i'm not so much into stereotyping :)

Link: https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/gilist.htm#2018

On this topic - one big improvement on Seaside is the washbasins by the buffet entrace - so people can wash their hands properly - that is something that could have big impact on peoples hand health (if anyone uses them!)

MSC have had a ship based on the US for the last few years and not had to report any gastrointestinal illness outbreaks (where more than 2% of people are impacted). I'd love to say it's probably because Italians & Germans are cleaner, but i'm not so much into stereotyping :)

Link: https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/gilist.htm#2018

Thank you, that is very informative. I also was under the impression that the foreign nationals mentioned above are "very clean" when it comes to hygiene but could not find supporting information on the web.

MSC have had a ship based in the USA since 2006 and not just the last few years, they have only been based in Miami since 2013.

With regards to sanitiser or washing hands, it makes no difference when you see people take food on a plate into the toilets or leave without washing their hands!

That is why the washy washy staff with sprays are better in some cases.

I will willingly tell off other people children if what they are doing is dangerous and the parents are taking no notice. This is not that rare

I will willingly tell off other people children if what they are doing is dangerous and the parents are taking no notice.

And you can be sure the Europeans will love to get teached by Americans how to behave on a MSC boat. Actually the Italians will not understand and ignore you and the Germans will think how to get a good chance to throw this outrageous idiot over board when no one is looking. Accept it, MSC cannot force their passengers to use the hand santizers (I and most Asians love to use them :cool:), because the Europeans will think it is a totally unacceptable insultation if the staff is telling them to do so. You can´t accept this? Stick with the US ships then and don´t go international.

And you can be sure the Europeans will love to get teached by Americans how to behave on a MSC boat. Actually the Italians will not understand and ignore you and the Germans will think how to get a good chance to throw this outrageous idiot over board when no one is looking. Accept it, MSC cannot force their passengers to use the hand santizers (I and most Asians love to use them :cool:), because the Europeans will think it is a totally unacceptable insultation if the staff is telling them to do so. You can´t accept this? Stick with the US ships then and don´t go international.

I am looking forward to the international flair. I usually do not bother myself with what other people are doing unless it impacts me directly. I know I washing my hands often is my best defense. I really do not care for buffets and I will probably eat most of my meals in the yacht club.

I'm just curious on what the passenger mix is like in the yacht club? Is it heavily American? It really doesn't matter to me I was just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Every new ship I have been on built after 2015 has a hand washing station at the entrance to the buffet. The best set up was on Anthem where Guests are funneled through a hand washing area with about 10 sinks. While some people don’t wash for the full 2 minutes- I didn’t see one person skip washing entirely. No more need for harmful sanitizers- everyone washes on the way in the buffet. I thought this was a new industry standard and am surprised seaside doesn’t have this feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every new ship I have been on built after 2015 has a hand washing station at the entrance to the buffet. The best set up was on Anthem where Guests are funneled through a hand washing area with about 10 sinks. While some people don’t wash for the full 2 minutes- I didn’t see one person skip washing entirely. No more need for harmful sanitizers- everyone washes on the way in the buffet. I thought this was a new industry standard and am surprised seaside doesn’t have this feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two minutes? I think you mean 20 seconds

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/pub/Handwashing/HandwashingTips.htm

Two minutes? I think you mean 20 seconds

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/pub/Handwashing/HandwashingTips.htm

Good to know! I was always taught I had to sing the whole happy birthday song while rubbing under water. Even more reason that all new builds should have washing stations replace hand sanitizer.