drinks package on Azura

I had no issue with the drinks package at any bar, Java or MDR. Always served with a smile and our wine waiter was fantastic in the MDR, she was always there offering more drinks.

Think it’s great value and hope they keep it.

I had no issue with the drinks package at any bar, Java or MDR. Always served with a smile and our wine waiter was fantastic in the MDR, she was always there offering more drinks.

Think it’s great value and hope they keep it.

Out of interest, do you have any idea roughly how much money you saved by having the drinks package?

I guess the simple truth as to whether or not P&O keeps it will be determined by who comes out on top. If the passengers save a lot of money by buying the drinks package then it’s likely to be ditched. If, on the other hand, P&O comes out on top then they have an incentive to keep it :confused:

There are concierge cabins on Celebrity nothing concierge on P&O?

No concierge on P&O, even the suites do not discounts. Only the Peninsular club members get discounts, at levels depending on their position within the club. However those discounts only come into force once all OBC is used up which is unlikely to be in the first few days when you need to sign up for the drinks package.

No concierge on P&O, even the suites do not discounts. Only the Peninsular club members get discounts, at levels depending on their position within the club. However those discounts only come into force once all OBC is used up which is unlikely to be in the first few days when you need to sign up for the drinks package.

Part of your cost of drinks package would get Peninsular discount because unless you are lucky and have that much OBC to cover drinks package you would get discount on what is remaining after OBC used.

Out of interest, do you have any idea roughly how much money you saved by having the drinks package?

I guess the simple truth as to whether or not P&O keeps it will be determined by who comes out on top. If the passengers save a lot of money by buying the drinks package then it’s likely to be ditched. If, on the other hand, P&O comes out on top then they have an incentive to keep it :confused:

We were on the same cruise as Deeliteful, and we took the option of the Ultimate package on the 2nd day, simply by asking in Brodies. Was not going to be worth it on the first day, as I only decided I was fit enough to travel on the morning, after pulling all the muscles in my lower back.

I have done a quick tot up, with rough prices as each slip you receive has £0 cost on it, we came out ahead by about £100. But that was for 2 adults and a free child package, which was probably what made it work for us.

A few niggles in some bars wanting to do a slip for each person and card, but service everywhere was done no differently than if you didn't have the package. At some points even coming back around after 10 minutes to see if we wanted to re-order before a show!

Whilst discussing the package with the head barman in Brodies, a lot of the problems had risen from the fact that new crew members had been rejoining Azura from their holidays and new nothing about the packages until they got on board. So some were slightly confused.

A slight change during the cruise with them giving us small bottles of Pepsi for our shorts instead of draught Pepsi, even pouring bottles in to a glass for my sons Pepsi.

I do think that if I had been my normal self from the start, then the package would have had a bit more use on some days, as I was just too tired to be out after visiting the ports.

Undecided as to if it was available we would order it again, but knowing our drinks cost was fixed and budgeted for was handy.

Really not 100% sure but pretty confident I did not lose out on the package.

I had a routine (more or less!) of two drinks with lunch, either Corona or Prosecco, an Irish coffee after lunch, a couple of Pink Gin Spritz late afternoon, g&t before dinner, glass of wine or prosecco with dinner (occasionally two), glass of port when I had the cheeseboard and two or three g&ts or similar during the rest of the night.

Sounds a lot but over the course of 12 hours it’s not ;p

Really not 100% sure but pretty confident I did not lose out on the package.

I had a routine (more or less!) of two drinks with lunch, either Corona or Prosecco, an Irish coffee after lunch, a couple of Pink Gin Spritz late afternoon, g&t before dinner, glass of wine or prosecco with dinner (occasionally two), glass of port when I had the cheeseboard and two or three g&ts or similar during the rest of the night.

Sounds a lot but over the course of 12 hours it’s not ;p

Top skills there!! Many people would read that and think boozy alcoholic but as you say over long day it really isn't. Judging by your estimate you doing well and I forgot about the port with cheese I could partake in.

Any one heard if they are continuing the drinks package

I think this is a fair question. I flit in and out of this site and don’t have time to trawl through every post, so apologies if I missed the link that said it was not being continued. I keep seeing posts from people saying they will be using it on their cruises next year, so are they just assuming?

I've been following this thread and I've only gleaned that it is a trial due to finish in September.

Have not read about them continuing or not.

Speculation aplenty, but no facts.

I am due to sail on Azura B2B from 28th September & called P&O this morning to book my internet package.

Whilst speaking to them I enquired about the drinks package, as both Hubby & I do not drink alcohol & therefore wanted to know if we could still purchase the soda card, 20 drinks for circa £35 (from memory).

I was informed that they are rolling out the drinks package fleet wide from 30th September & I would not be able to buy the soda card.

Unfortunately, the £19.95 per day for each of us is not cost effective, so we will simply purchase our drinks as we go.

Joan

Been confirmed by P and O that they are rolling out the drinks package fleet wide from 30th September.

As per telephone conversation

Thanks for confirming. I had flagged some time back that the official P&O 'Moments' magazine had announced the drinks package with no mention whatsoever of it being a trial and only on Azura, so passengers would have been asking for it on other ships.

As a point of interest, friends of ours (first time cruisers) went on Azura recently and were going to buy it. They drink a lot more than us, but I talked them out of it due to our knowledge on on board prices, the restrictions of the package and it being unlikely that they would be able to drink the volumes needed to make any saving worthwhile, especially on port days.

They had a great cruise and said that they drank plenty, but would have been out of pocket by 'a lot' had they bought the package.

Thanks for confirming. I had flagged some time back that the official P&O 'Moments' magazine had announced the drinks package with no mention whatsoever of it being a trial and only on Azura, so passengers would have been asking for it on other ships.

As a point of interest, friends of ours (first time cruisers) went on Azura recently and were going to buy it. They drink a lot more than us, but I talked them out of it due to our knowledge on on board prices, the restrictions of the package and it being unlikely that they would be able to drink the volumes needed to make any saving worthwhile, especially on port days.

They had a great cruise and said that they drank plenty, but would have been out of pocket by 'a lot' had they bought the package.

That must mean P&O must be winning. Another way that they are recouping the Service Charge.

I agree not worth it but I am 8 days at sea so then I think will be worth it.

quote=Selbourne;57004777]Thanks for confirming. I had flagged some time back that the official P&O 'Moments' magazine had announced the drinks package with no mention whatsoever of it being a trial and only on Azura, so passengers would have been asking for it on other ships.

I agree not worth it but I am 8 days at sea so then I think will be worth it.

quote=Selbourne;57004777]Thanks for confirming. I had flagged some time back that the official P&O 'Moments' magazine had announced the drinks package with no mention whatsoever of it being a trial and only on Azura, so passengers would have been asking for it on other ships.

I don't mind if they roll out the drinks package even though we won't purchase it, but I am disappointed if it means they are getting rid of the 20 soft drinks for £35 card or putting up the prices of drinks in general.I hope I will be able to purchase the soft drinks card for my cruise this sunday

Ive already brought wine packages and soft drinks cards for upcoming cruise at Christmas. So guess they be refunding it. ��

As I understand it they are beginning to roll it out, which implies it is a gradual process. Maybe they will let already purchased packages stand. Or, they will be doing it ship by ship, and not reached your ship by the time of your cruise.

As I understand it they are beginning to roll it out, which implies it is a gradual process. Maybe they will let already purchased packages stand. Or, they will be doing it ship by ship, and not reached your ship by the time of your cruise.

I am on Ventura in December and usually buy wine in advance (not the wine packages just the order what you want from the pre-order list, pay in advance and it gets delivered wherever you want it.) I wanted to know if I could still do that for this cruise or if the drinks package would have been finalised and on the ship by then and could it cancel this out? I was told yes the package would definitely be fleet wide by then but they didn't know if this would affect pre-order wines. Not sure customer service is ever 100% gospel for information but just going to wait and see as wine can be pre-ordered up to about 7 days before sailing I think so plenty of time yet but I will have the package if it is available.

I am on Ventura in December and usually buy wine in advance (not the wine packages just the order what you want from the pre-order list, pay in advance and it gets delivered wherever you want it.) I wanted to know if I could still do that for this cruise or if the drinks package would have been finalised and on the ship by then and could it cancel this out? I was told yes the package would definitely be fleet wide by then but they didn't know if this would affect pre-order wines. Not sure customer service is ever 100% gospel for information but just going to wait and see as wine can be pre-ordered up to about 7 days before sailing I think so plenty of time yet but I will have the package if it is available.

Customer service are giving so many conflicting answers. I phoned this morning because I have preordered wine and drink packages And told no firm decision over drink package dates been rolled out had been taken and was told that he was sure non of his colleagues would of given such misinformation. It’s only on Azura and yes on there you cannot buy any drinks package.

As you say that might be different to ordering individual bottles of wine and if that the case I might go down that route. We are on a 28 cruise and brought 2 wine and 3 soft drinks packages costing £515 A lot cheaper than £2240 than an AI package would cost us!!! There will be a 2/3 of beers and 1or 2 short drinks a day and the odd day a Cocktail to add to the drinks bill We happily drink coffee from buffet Buy bottle water on port stops. So somehow somehow can’t see our drinks adding up to £1725 difference 😳.

I won't be taking them up on it. Although I like a drink or two while on holiday, I think it is too expensive!

I do not think you will be alone. Everyone is different in many ways eg amount drunk when where. I travel solo but for me and my habits I will see it as worthwhile. Many seem to be focusing on alcoholic drinks, their cost and consumption but the package covers much more. I drink at least 3-4 Costa coffees a day, multiple soft drinks, wine at lunch/dinner, pre and post dinner drinks and a minimum of 2litres of bottled water. From my previous bills £39.95 a day will be a saving but more importantly it will be a known figure that I can budget for, even better if like speciality dining I could pay in advance or better still if offered as a "perk".

As I say each to their own and its is for individuals/groups to decide what best suits them and their needs. BUT it is not a bad thing just because it doesn't match an individual or group needs it will certainly match others and no they will not all be closet alcoholics. Why not regard it as the similar to the cabin choice if money was everything then we would all travel in the smallest cheapest cabin. But some like light space position on the ship etc etc and will happily pay for that as it meets THEIR needs. You makes your choice and you pay your money. Job done.