Alaska Live, July 17th - 27th. Just the tip of the iceberg.

On the Zipline you caught up with the others, so you have some control of your speed?

DW wants to do one but is leery about the landing at the end having had back surgery and so on.

To a point, yes. If you try to draw wind resistance, you can slightly reduce your speed. If you try to tuck in, you can speed up. You are sitting in a swinging seat. When you hit the last 200 yards or so, you are already slowing down. Then when you hit the buffers at the end, your seat swings forward and upward reducing the shock of the stop. If you prefer, you can watch the people as they hit the buffers. Then you can decide for yourself.

How would you compare that zipline to the one in Labadee? Trying to decide if I'm up for it with my 12 year old son next year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

I have not done the one at Labadee but perhaps someone can chime in if they have done both.

What a great photo of Owen! Did you sign up in advance or can you sign up on the day?

You can sign up that day. You can do this at the excursion building at the top of the pier and they used to have a kiosk at the south end of the old cannery.

Good morning Andrew & Co.!

I can't believe you are disembarking in Vancouver tomorrow, what an amazing vacation this has been for you and your entire family :D I just wanted to thank you for another fantastic review, enjoy your final sea day today!

I have not done the one at Labadee but perhaps someone can chime in if they have done both.

I have done both and they are a lot of fun, but the one in Icy Strait is longer, higher and faster. I think if you were good with the one in Labadee, you will be ok in Icy Strait. It is a blast. I would definitely do it.

We docked

We walked along a bush path and saw numerous signs of the black bear. Yes, they do crap in the woods.

b1ed291375daa8b2a8a6844fb629d212.jpg

Ahhh! Bear scat!! Did you know that bear scat will produce the smell of whatever they consume?:confused: If the bear eats a lot of berries, its scat will have a sweet smell!!;p Did ya take a whiff?:rolleyes:

Ahhh! Bear scat!! Did you know that bear scat will produce the smell of whatever they consume?:confused: If the bear eats a lot of berries, its scat will have a sweet smell!!;p Did ya take a whiff?:rolleyes:

Funny you mention that. Our guide said the same thing. So I got down on my knee’s, lowered my upper torso and took a big whiff. It smelled like raisins.

• Haha 1

Any restrictions on cameras on the zip line? I've booked it in a couple weeks, just curious if bringing a DLSR is a realistic or foolish idea. Sticking with a GoPro a better idea?

Go with the Go-Pro. It'll free up your hands.

I used my GoPro on a shortened handle. I used the vented back as well. I think the DSLR would be a bit cumbersome.

Unfortunately uploading is still not possible. Hopefully when we get closer to shore I can pick up some data.

Thankfully I have not had a problem with downloading. A steady diet including fruit helps with that. ;)

Funny you mention that. Our guide said the same thing. So I got down on my knee’s, lowered my upper torso and took a big whiff. It smelled like raisins.

LMBO!!:') Maybe he's following your ship!!;p Quit throwing those raisins overboard!!:*

LMBO!!:') Maybe he's following your ship!!;p Quit throwing those raisins overboard!!:*

I'm reminded of a bear warning that allegedly was posted somewhere concerning black bears and grizzly bears. The warning said to prevent encounters with bears, a hiker should wear tiny bells, the noise from the bells would scare the bear away. Should this fail, hikers were also advised to carry pepper spray as an attack deterrent.

The posting went on to describe how a hiker could tell which bear's territory he or she might be in by examining the scat. It said that black bear scat would smell like berries and grizzly scat would smell like pepper spray and have tiny bells in it.

• Haha 1

The posting went on to describe how a hiker could tell which bear's territory he or she might be in by examining the scat. It said that black bear scat would smell like berries and grizzly scat would smell like pepper spray and have tiny bells in it.

The dinner bell.

I would never keep beer away.

LOL, me too.

We still have limited uploading capabilities. Lisa went and printed our boarding passes. The whole time took 23 minutes, 15 minutes to get a computer and then took 7 minutes to go through the 8 steps.

Definitely no chance to upload pictures until maybe tonight. We are going to do win a cruise bingo. The plan is, to win.