Alaska Live, July 17th - 27th. Just the tip of the iceberg.

Thanks for taking us along! Brilliance is the smallest Royal ship we’ve been on. I really liked it; DH not so much. He likes Voyager class and above. He really likes the people watching on the RP. Makes him sound so old, but we’re not big into all the sport-y activities. Although he said he’s definitely doing the bumper cars on Anthem in the spring now that his sciatica isn’t bothering him. Meanwhile, I can’t wait to try the glass blowing on X in December!!

Hope I find your next trip before it’s almost over!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for an awesome review Andrew!! I fell behind for a few days, but all caught up now! Looks like you and the family had a great time even without the Flow rider [emoji6] I did have a laugh at that photo of Owen and the slides. It must have seemed like child's play to him compared to Harmony lol.

I really enjoyed following your adventure, especially since we will be going on the Explorer on a similar route in less than 4 weeks.

Your thread was very informative........................

Thanks again.

When is your next adventure?

Take care

Andrew thank you for another great live review! I always appreciate the great photos, information, and your sense of humor. So glad that you and your lovely family made it back home safely.

Thanks for letting me re-live some of our Alaska trip. We did some similar excursions. It brought back great memories.

Do you mind if I ask what the name was of the floatplane/bear excursion? I would love to do that one when we go back again. Because, we will go back again! Alaska is a magical place!

Thanks again!

I enjoyed your live review. So glad Lucy is well. Do you mind reporting which RCCL tours you did? Loved the bear excursion. You looked very close to the action. Hope your laundry machine has the happy tune when the load is complete like my LG machine.

Carla

Awesome report. Thank you.

I will join on the raisin non fan club ... not all fruit is meant to be dried. How did this become ... come ancient vineyard let their grapes dry up on a vine? Yuck ... not only that they freak you out when found unexpected in restaurant food. Like or what is that a bug or mouse turd or ... oh it's a dead grape aka a raisen.

Good morning all. I have put together a few videos for you to watch. The first one was of our Glass blowing experience at Jewel Gardens in Skagway. It basically shows the work involved in blowing a glass Christmas Ornament.

X3yNl4VadVA

And now you must excuse me for a while. We are celebrating my SIL Missy’s 40th birthday party with a pool party.

85f5c75146e691fc1db150a62622e866.jpg

I guess we had no need to worry about watering the plants, we had 5” of rain while we were away.

I got a late start on this review but I'm enjoying it immensely! Trying to catch up while at work....having to close the window often when the boss walks by! Thanks for taking the time to do this. I know how much effort it takes.:D

The family left yesterday and it felt good to relax last night. I haven’t eaten like that since I got off the ship. Regretfully I had to do the clean up and the BBQing. My work desk was overloaded today, but tomorrow should be better.

I put together two final videos of the Neets Bay Bear Watch excursion in Ketchikan. It was an amazing experience, even with less bears and salmon than last time. It was so great that this was the second time we have been there and we would book it again.

I will forewarn you, videos are bit longer but if you are ever consider this excursion hopefully it will solidify your choice. It features portions of the flight there and back on different planes, as well as the bears. If you chose to watch turn up your volume and enjoy.

Missed pics tomorrow and hopefully part or all of final thoughts.

-TNZ-he4p6Y

2Mid3cwmFnE

Andrew, thank you once again for sharing your awesome videos.

Owen’s reactions to watching the bear, priceless! So wonderful that he gets these opportunities. He has a great Mom and Dad!

We always tell our son how lucky he is that Mom and Dad like to travel and not to take these things for granted. He has experienced things and been to places that are on a lot of adults bucket lists and he is only 16.

#grateful[emoji846]

I just scanned through what feels to be thousands of pictures. In reality it was more like a few hundred. Now I present to you the final photos that I missed, in order of the trip.

From the land adventure train ride.

54b2140d2f48afd6849f0219d08b79a5.jpg

5a1bddfa7c6c3b05be2d35fedafef9e8.jpg

On our train ride from Anchorage to Talkeetna, we were told to look to the one side of the train for the Dr Seuss House. I had my camera ready, the forest briefly cleared and I saw the tower. I snapped quickly and got a picture of... the forest. However, Google images will provide this image.

af415c193d70db6c4a3b97372b8d1092.png

Someone has a bit too much time on their hands. Either that or the legalization of pot in Alaska has had an effect.