SCARLET LADY - New Renderings and a Concern

eroller

• 4 weeks later...

Well, we cancelled our deposit on Celebrity Apex next year in favor of this ship.  It looks very exciting. We don't use the pools on most of the ships we've been on so the size or location of the pool(s?) doesn't bother us.  This ship might be a bit over the top for my DH but I'm excited to try it out.....especially now that we won't have to fly to London (or anywhere for that matter!) to board the ship.  We used to live in Miami so it's gotten to be a routine commute for us. (Another reason why we don't get excited about the pools - after years of avoiding the sun in Miami).   I'm excited!!  Can't wait to see more!

Edited by Diver2014

We are also long-time X cruisers, who put down a pre-deposit on this ship, rather than booking EDGE. If Sir Richard's designers give us REAL balconies, I figure that we will come out ahead on that decision. Those 'Infinite Verandahs' on Edge turned out to be just what I thought they would -- a glorified ocean-view cabin (at very high balcony-room prices). 😖

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2018 at 6:28 PM, Tarwood3 said:

I hear ya about the mat thing...will be interesting to see how that plays out and how they are actually used...I agree....probably very hot in the Caribbean sun...I’m also hoping this ship goes to Europe in the summers, but no indication of that unfortunately.

They’re gonna be for outdoor YOGA.  I get updates thru email almost every other day about something new they’ve revealed. I’m booked on a later Inaugural Season cruise, and can not wait!!

• Like 1

On 7/21/2018 at 6:22 PM, wwcruisers said:

Same here! Actually, what I'm really hoping for is to nab a spot on the take-out Transatlantic cruise. No matter how "WOW-ey" the Scarlet Lady is -- I don't have much interest in sailing around the same handful of Caribbean islands that I've seen a dozen times. But, never having done a TA (or any European cruise) -- the thought of trying that on Sir Richard's new ship really appealed to me! 🙂

Sad to say right now, there isn’t a take out cruise planned. From conversations I’ve had with their Agents, it’s mostly gonna be crew, VIPS. They want to get the kinks out before any passengers board. I don’t blame them really. They appear to be ahead of schedule from pics I’ve seen. Sure, they may still be kinks on that April 1st. but rest assured, they will know how to handle anything that happens.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Nightrythm said:

As long as everyone's a consenting adult, then it's all good.

O.K. To start with I am consenting.  Lets see who else.   Fun.   

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I booked to see the ship and see how well it serves it’s passengers. The speculation on the demographics really intrigues me...... the stereo types I’m reading into the advertisements. As I’m not in the millennial category, I will wait to see the  sights around the pool. It’s funny the cruise line and Caribbean resort commercials picture buffed beach bodies, no tattoos, no piercings and no obesity. ... not what I have seen on ships. If this ship is truly an orgy barge......I’m gonna sit back and have lots of beverages and shake my head and just smile.😂😁🤪😜

see you in the gym onboard !!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh the drama. So many comments about the demographics, the non stop party environment got to me. I really felt although the ship looks great and the amenities top notch it would not be a good fit for me. So I called VV this morning to cancel my reservation....well the rep on the other end of the phone was fantastic. Before cancelling my reservation, we discussed my concerns and reasons behind my decision.

he could not have been more fun, more upbeat and non judgemental. I did not cancel. All I can say is if the crew onboard is anything like the rep i spoke to on the phone.....wow.

i am now ready to be a Virgin again.

• Like 6

On 5/22/2019 at 12:01 PM, RMS Olympic said:

Oh the drama. So many comments about the demographics, the non stop party environment got to me. I really felt although the ship looks great and the amenities top notch it would not be a good fit for me. So I called VV this morning to cancel my reservation....well the rep on the other end of the phone was fantastic. Before cancelling my reservation, we discussed my concerns and reasons behind my decision.

he could not have been more fun, more upbeat and non judgemental. I did not cancel. All I can say is if the crew onboard is anything like the rep i spoke to on the phone.....wow.

i am now ready to be a Virgin again.

If you canceled what would the penalty have been, the amount of deposit?

What is Virgin Voyages' cancellation policy?
sss

"Our cancellation policy was created to provide a better experience for our Sailors. Here's what you need to know:

- You have the most flexibility outside of 120 days prior to your voyage. If you're booking at this time, you have a 7-day grace period to request a full refund on your deposit and any other payments made. Refunds will be issued to your original form of payment.
- After the grace period (but still before the 120-day mark), you can receive a full refund on any payments, not including your deposit. For your deposit, you can request a Future Voyage Credit at this time.
- Between 119 and 45 days, any funds paid will be converted to Future Voyage Credit, good to use on any voyage 1 year from the original voyage start date. Sweet deal, huh?
- Within 44 days of your voyage, all funds paid are final. But you do have the option to send a mate in your place up to 48 hours before your voyage, if you really can't sail.

Have more questions? No worries. Our Sailor Services Crew or your travel agent can help walk you through the process. As always, we recommend you purchase our Voyage Protection."

The FAQs are long but worth reading!

On 5/25/2019 at 10:54 AM, happygolucky62 said:
What is Virgin Voyages' cancellation policy?
sss

"Our cancellation policy was created to provide a better experience for our Sailors. Here's what you need to know:

- You have the most flexibility outside of 120 days prior to your voyage. If you're booking at this time, you have a 7-day grace period to request a full refund on your deposit and any other payments made. Refunds will be issued to your original form of payment.
- After the grace period (but still before the 120-day mark), you can receive a full refund on any payments, not including your deposit. For your deposit, you can request a Future Voyage Credit at this time.
- Between 119 and 45 days, any funds paid will be converted to Future Voyage Credit, good to use on any voyage 1 year from the original voyage start date. Sweet deal, huh?
- Within 44 days of your voyage, all funds paid are final. But you do have the option to send a mate in your place up to 48 hours before your voyage, if you really can't sail.

Have more questions? No worries. Our Sailor Services Crew or your travel agent can help walk you through the process. As always, we recommend you purchase our Voyage Protection."

The FAQs are long but worth reading!

Thanks, that is what I thought.  If we cancel because we simply don’t want to cruise Virgin our deposit is $800, so come hell or high water we will be taking our 4 day cruise.

The drama and judgement directed toward a ship that hasn't even sailed yet really amuses me. I'm far from a millennial or an orgy enthusiast (lmao that that particular accusation was even thrown out there) and I can't wait to sail the beautiful Scarlet Lady. Guess I'm a middle-age rebel lol. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, crazycatlady11 said:

The drama and judgement directed toward a ship that hasn't even sailed yet really amuses me. I'm far from a millennial or an orgy enthusiast (lmao that that particular accusation was even thrown out there) and I can't wait to sail the beautiful Scarlet Lady. Guess I'm a middle-age rebel lol. 

Me too (and I guess I am a crazy cat lady also 🤷‍♀️)!  My husband (52) and I (43) will be booking when the 2021 dates open up and we are excited to try something different.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well, as someone who has cruised Celebrity for a long time, Virgin had their chance to "source" me. In fact, I put down my pre-deposit, and sat in line (for well over a year) waiting for information about the actual cruises. When they finally announced Scarlet Lady's 2020 itinerary, it was a deal-breaker for me -- I called and requested my $$ back that same day. So -- that would make it 59+, right?🤔

PS -- I would still like to give VV a chance. But they have to get their act together, re: itineraries -- first!😏