C&A program outdated?

I prefer the DL anyway.

I also posted that RC could easily do the same to Diamonds and change the DL name to CL then say Diamonds were never allowed in the CL which would solve the overcrowded DL instantly.

Not quite correct. The Diamonds were allowed in the CL when they started appearing on the Voyager and Radiance classes.

Not quite correct. The Diamonds were allowed in the CL when they started appearing on the Voyager and Radiance classes.

That is correct. Once upon a time Diamond members were very elite. Long before Diamond + and Pinnacle levels were created.

That is correct. Once upon a time Diamond members were very elite. Long before Diamond + and Pinnacle levels were created.
I remember now thinking once we got to Diamond we would have CL access and before I made Diamond they changed it to D+.

i found that interesting as well... But not at all surprising! Top tier cruisers aren't exactly the "change agents" of the world. They like things the way they are, and any mention of something different, be it better or worse, tends to draw ire.:cool:

wow

I found that interesting as well... but not at all surprising! Top tier cruisers aren't exactly the "change agents" of the world. They like things the way they are, and any mention of something different, be it better or worse, tends to draw ire.:cool:

If that is true, it may be that they have not viewed most of the changes to be for the better.

I doubt that very many of the D+'s considered the SL to be an improvement.

Having a place for "free" drinks. Is not what I see the Diamond/Concierge lounges to be.

It's a place to meet new people, and find old friends, that share a love of cruising.

I've only had use of the Suite lounge twice. And it seems to be sparsely populated by mostly suite guests who could be first time cruisers. Not the same atmosphere.

So even though we can go upstairs. We like it much better in the Diamond/Concierge lounges.

The crowding is a problem sometimes. But it usually clears out a bit after the early dinner seating.

Some people we have met say to give the diamonds 5 drinks on their seapass. And restrict the lounges to D+ and up. I personally do not like that idea. I remember many memorable nights in the lounge as a diamond member. It's a long way from 80 to 700.

I'm probably dreaming but this is what I hope to see from RCCL on-top of the current benefits

Priority Lines for Emerald and above

-My Time Dining: Regardless of whether you come at peak periods or not, there will be a priority line for Diamond and above

So you will be able to seat the moment you come for dinner. While the rest wait to get seated.

-North Star/Aqua Theater/Shows/Bumper Cars ( Priority Seating to remain for Diamond Plus and above)

Discounts:

-10% Discounts for Shore Excursions/Drinks/Paid Activities/Shops daily and with no restrictions ( Discounts increases in tier level) Platinum onward

-Priority Tender/Tender Boat/Security Line (Diamond and above)

Complimentary 1L Water delivered daily for Platinum

Complimentary 1L Water & Soda delivered daily for Emerald

Complimentary 2L Water & Soda or Alcohol delivered daily to Diamond

Complimentary 2L Water & Soda & Alcohol delivered daily to Diamond Plus and above

Complimentary Shuttle Service into Town or attraction for Diamond Plus and above

Crown & Anchor Diamond Sanctuary : Diamond and above only: Private Swimming pool/Jacuzzi/ Sun Deck/Bar/ Dining, Dedicated Reception. Mixture of Cabanas & Loungers. This area has to be big enough to hold a capacity of 500 guests. Concierge Club will still be available for Diamond Plus and Above.

However, if there are not many Diamond and above, it may be open to the other tiers in the C& A level( Platinum & Emerald) at certain timings at the discretion of the manager in charge. To solve the influx of guests from other tiers, a section of

(Loungers/Cabanas) will be cordoned off for use by the Diamond and above.

Next Cruise Booking Offers

Platinum & Above to get additional discounts off cruise fare/ Shore excursions/ Drink Package when booking next cruise on-board. Discounts increase as you qualify for the next tier.

Heineken took the caramel flavouring out for US market which changed the dark colour because the US said the caramel colouring had carcinogenic properties although European Union deemed it safe.

You mean the same caramel stuff that is put in every bottle of cola in the U.S.?

You mean the same caramel stuff that is put in every bottle of cola in the U.S.?

No..no... that is AMERICAN caramel! If they want to sell that beer here, with caramel, they need to make it here. I'm sure there is an empty brewery in Milwaukee they can get a good price on. Caramel is a big tariff item. The US Caramel lobby is strong.

I found that interesting as well... but not at all surprising! Top tier cruisers aren't exactly the "change agents" of the world. They like things the way they are, and any mention of something different, be it better or worse, tends to draw ire.:cool:

People are not falling all over your ideas and somehow it is the people that are flawed.

I've been reading along for the past couple of days. I am especially interested as I am in the middle of a project determining the true ROI on the Loyalty Program for a client. Seeing how you all see the program is very interesting.

In the industries we work in (travel but not cruise lines) there is a difference between Loyalty Programs and Reward Programs. They are related, are not necessarily seen as different by the consumer, and can provide similar results. From a company's standpoint they are very different.

Loyalty programs have a measurable value attached to them. The points accumulated have value. You can buy and sell them, give them as a gift, use them for goods and services from other companies. Points become the ONLY decision maker for customers. Even if you charge them more, they will gladly pay you to get the points. It is almost impossible to lure someone away with any other offer. For hotels and airlines these programs are mostly driven by business travelers, who don't pay for their own travel but keep the points. They program creates Loyalty all on its own.

Reward Programs offer discounts, freebies, special sales, etc. All the benefits are from the company itself. They are low cost items that consumers perceive as more valuable than they are. I think C&A and all cruise line programs I know of, are Reward Programs.

In a Loyalty model when people ask to change a benefit, you consider if changing it will allow to raise prices, because it will make the points worth more. In a rewards model if people ask to change a benefit, you often do away with it, because the consumer does not see it as valuable.

Do you book Royal just because of C&A? Will you pay a premium to Royal over other cruise lines because of C&A?

Why not. Any may have access regardless of their status?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Until recently when the RC US changed the cancel policy people were booking suites indiscriminately when bookings opened so when people in the UK who had to make sure they could get works okay for time off because we have a harsh cancellation policy here tried to book most if not all the suites were already taken.

Having a place for "free" drinks. Is not what I see the Diamond/Concierge lounges to be.

It's a place to meet new people, and find old friends, that share a love of cruising.

I've only had use of the Suite lounge twice. And it seems to be sparsely populated by mostly suite guests who could be first time cruisers. Not the same atmosphere.

So even though we can go upstairs. We like it much better in the Diamond/Concierge lounges.

The crowding is a problem sometimes. But it usually clears out a bit after the early dinner seating.

Some people we have met say to give the diamonds 5 drinks on their seapass. And restrict the lounges to D+ and up. I personally do not like that idea. I remember many memorable nights in the lounge as a diamond member. It's a long way from 80 to 700.

If you had 5 drinks you could meet friends in other bars.

When we stayed in Suites and went in the CL lots of people were bragging and handing business cards out so yes I agree the DL has more of a proper cruisers atmosphere.

Do you book Royal just because of C&A? Will you pay a premium to Royal over other cruise lines because of C&A?

No and this is why I am at the low end of these programs. The cruise lines can't offer me any benefit or service that I can't get if I'm willing to pay for it by either booking a higher category or purchasing it a la carte. The mass market cruise lines are more the same than different. If I can get a better price on Celebrity than I can on Princess for a similar itinerary I will book Celebrity. I have higher status on Princess than on Celebrity but free internet won't persuade me if the over all value is better with Celebrity.

No and this is why I am at the low end of these programs. The cruise lines can't offer me any benefit or service that I can't get if I'm willing to pay for it by either booking a higher category or purchasing it a la carte. The mass market cruise lines are more the same than different. If I can get a better price on Celebrity than I can on Princess for a similar itinerary I will book Celebrity. I have higher status on Princess than on Celebrity but free internet won't persuade me if the over all value is better with Celebrity.
We stay with Royal because of the convenience of Pt Canaveral. When we want to sail overseas, Royal is our first choice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Until recently when the RC US changed the cancel policy people were booking suites indiscriminately when bookings opened so when people in the UK who had to make sure they could get works okay for time off because we have a harsh cancellation policy here tried to book most if not all the suites were already taken.

Same was happening to us in the States. We complained, Royal answered with NRD. I don't see much of the problem anymore. It was a good move on their part for cruisers gaming the system.

Yes. I made Diamond 20+ yrs ago I went on Voyager's 8th sailing, then numbered them back then. Voyager cruise #008. As Diamond was tops used CL, sat with Suite guests in waiting lounges and was always 1st on/off ship. Every cruise had a Formal Suit and Tie get together with Captain, Cruise Director, Doctor, Chief Engineer... Back then on Peak sailings at most 6-8 Diamonds on the newest ships so was almost a one on one... But now cruising(and Flying) has become cheaper, more affordable then was 30yrs ago, most people can do it. So lot of C&A members and many upper tier that they never had 20-30yrs ago...

Edited by ONECRUISER

We stay with Royal because of the convenience of Pt Canaveral. When we want to sail overseas, Royal is our first choice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We are sailing on Royal for the first time in 18yrs because of being convenient to Cape Liberty. I can afford a longer cruise in a midship balcony because I eliminated a round trip flight and overnight stay in Florida. Hopefully we will become FL residents in the near future.

If you had 5 drinks you could meet friends in other bars.

When we stayed in Suites and went in the CL lots of people were bragging and handing business cards out so yes I agree the DL has more of a proper cruisers atmosphere.

If we had 5 Free drinks useable at any bar, we probably wouldn’t get a drink package. On a 7 day cruise that’s around $800 for the two of us. Not only would Royal not receive our $$, they would be giving us 5 Free drinks.