C&A program outdated?

Not a Heineken person. I’m with John, they could improve the beers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I prefer a hoppy beer like Old Speckled Hen but RC don't stock it. The lager type beers are pretty tasteless after the first can so one is enough.

Heineken ruined my favorite beer.

Corona was a choice for a while. Replaced with nasty apple juice. They may have done it because of the limes. Something about hard to recycle glass with limes stuck in the bottle.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I agree,they closed the Newcastle Brown Ale factory and moved production to the Heineken factory.

For lagers Stella Artois,Peroni,Moretti are better than Heineken.

Seriously, give a thought to being a one trick pony, as OB said, they didn’t demote, they changed the lounge to a different name and a different program. There are still ships with CL, cruise them. No Demotion!

JC

I prefer the DL anyway.

I also posted that RC could easily do the same to Diamonds and change the DL name to CL then say Diamonds were never allowed in the CL which would solve the overcrowded DL instantly.

I really enjoyed reading this thread. Many thanks to OP for starting it.

As I have got older, I have tended to drink very little. It means that I struggle to even use my 3 drinks per night vouchers. I have been D for a long time but don't use many of the perks that are available.

So is the C&A loyalty scheme relevant for me? The answer is yes because overall it delivers an enhanced experience. Invites to special events, priority check-in, access to DL during the day when it is nice and quiet etc. For me it tips the balance when deciding which line to cruise with so the loyalty programme is fulfilling it's purpose.

I have experience of two other loyalty programmes which seem to have a different emphasis and are good in their own ways.

On Celebrity, I found elite members enjoyed an exclusive experience which was complementary to suite perks. I did feel that as an elite member I was as valued as a suite guest. I was in a suite at the time so could compare and contrast the benefits and experience.

With P&O I am not high enough on the loyalty ladder to enjoy the top level privileges but I like their simple approach to across the board discount on all purchases. The discounts get higher, as you move up the ladder. Totally different approach to RC, apples and pears perhaps but I find the P&O loyalty benefits as appealing to me as the ones offered by RC.

I wouldn't mess with C&A loyalty programme other than perhaps put more emphasis on making sure that loyal customers are appreciated and are taken care of on and off the ship.

Yuvraj,

Can you please explain what is special about Celebritiy’s elite program.

We all of course will get D status matched on Celebrity, but I’ve heard their program was weaker. Will be glad if I’m wrong.

True, but I think the demographic is changing. Younger top tier travelers are not going to find a crowded lounge and well drinks to be a reason to maintain any sort of brand loyalty. I certainly don't feel any brand loyalty for that. I just wonder if it's a missed opportunity.

I generally agree with your point but don’t fool yourself that many young top tier travelers take cruises.

Yuvraj,

Can you please explain what is special about Celebritiy’s elite program.

We all of course will get D status matched on Celebrity, but I’ve heard their program was weaker. Will be glad if I’m wrong.

I also would like to hear about Celebrity's perks. We are Elite+ on Celebrity and do NOT think Celebrity has a better program.

JMHO!

If Celebrity uses the 3 coupons on a cruise, that is all you get. Three coupons, no more even if in the lounge during their 2 hour happy hour.

Celebrity does not have a lounge open all day like the Diamond lounge.

I could add more short comings, but don't want to seem like I am flaming the OP.

I just don’t get how some can drink those Diamond Liquors, especially if your a Vodka drinker. Do you drink the same brands at home? The Wine as well.

Those Cosmos on the rocks taste just fine to me.

I prefer the DL anyway.

I also posted that RC could easily do the same to Diamonds and change the DL name to CL then say Diamonds were never allowed in the CL which would solve the overcrowded DL instantly.

This would have no negative impact on us. I do suspect in time, there would likely be another crowding issue as time goes by as the D+ level continues to increase their numbers.

I watched a scope from Oasis CAS function. I was surprised at the numbers for a mid Summer prime time cruise. Diamonds were 300+, D+ right at 100, P’s 15. High Cruiser had 3700+ (10 years), 2nd 1700+, and 3rd 1000+.

I agree,they closed the Newcastle Brown Ale factory and moved production to the Heineken factory.

For lagers Stella Artois,Peroni,Moretti are better than Heineken.

So it's totally shut down? Even worse, I thought/hoped it was just for the export market. Ran across the old brown box 12 pack and was excited for about an hour.

Then i got home.....

2865f7ce9e136be9861272c975fe021f.jpg

The only thing on your list that would interest me would be automatic upgrades (because who wouldn't want that)

I wouldn't want that. If I book a midship location between decks with rooms above and below I wouldn't want to be upgraded Aft or Forward under a public deck even if it meant going from an ocean view to a balcony or balcony to Jr suite.

I prefer the balcony discount that they have now.

I don't think that any cruise line has a program that would keep me loyal. I book cruises based on value and itinerary and onboard experience. However, I do like that RCI does recognize loyalty between their their brands so maybe there is a chance that it would work out for me since I do like Celebrity.

I wouldn't want that. If I book a midship location between decks with rooms above and below I wouldn't want to be upgraded Aft or Forward under a public deck even if it meant going from an ocean view to a balcony or balcony to Jr suite.

Yep, upgrading cabins is way different than upgrading a seat in an airplane.

So it's totally shut down? Even worse, I thought/hoped it was just for the export market. Ran across the old brown box 12 pack and was excited for about an hour.

Then i got home.....

2865f7ce9e136be9861272c975fe021f.jpg

Yes,the brewery was demolished in 2008.

Company is now called Heineken UK but Newcastle Brown Ale is brewed in the Netherlands brewery.

Yes,the brewery was demolished in 2008.

Company is now called Heineken UK but Newcastle Brown Ale is brewed in the Netherlands brewery.

It still had brewed in England labels 6 months ago.[emoji848]

I don't think that any cruise line has a program that would keep me loyal. I book cruises based on value and itinerary and onboard experience. However, I do like that RCI does recognize loyalty between their their brands so maybe there is a chance that it would work out for me since I do like Celebrity.

RCI did that to our friends even though the paid extra to obtain the cabin they wanted in the middle of the ship.

It still had brewed in England labels 6 months ago.[emoji848]

Heineken own the John Smith's brewery in Tadcaster North Yorkshire England about 75 miles from the previous brewery.

Just checked and Newcastle Brown is brewed there as is John Smith's beer, Forster's and Kronenberg lagers.

The Netherlands site is massive and brews Heineken exclusively.

Heineken own the John Smith's brewery in Tadcaster North Yorkshire England about 75 miles from the previous brewery.

Just checked and Newcastle Brown is brewed there as is John Smith's beer, Forster's and Kronenberg lagers.

The Netherlands site is massive and brews Heineken exclusively.

Heineken took the caramel flavouring out for US market which changed the dark colour because the US said the caramel colouring had carcinogenic properties although European Union deemed it safe.

Heineken took the caramel flavouring out for US market which changed the dark colour because the US said the caramel colouring had carcinogenic properties although European Union deemed it safe.
Was that recently done?

I just know the taste changed about 6 months ago. Less smooth

I'm not sure that they have any better information than our speculations but the claim was that the suite lounge concept would soon go fleet wide. The hold up supposedly was IT updating the website. Truth or rumor? I don't know.

There is so much of the website that is not up to date that I do not believe that would stop them.

I also heard from probably that same concierge that it would be going fleetwide. I believe he was speculating. We have done quite a bit of cruising on Vision and Radiance class ships in the last couple years and it has only been an issue a couple times on repos. It could become more of an issue in few years and the number of Pinnacles surges. From what I have heard the number of P's could double in 2-3 years.

I guess when I said "automatic upgrades", I didn't mean I pick a room and they then put me in another one. I meant when I'm booking I get to book a better room at the same rate. i.e. like getting a first class seat for coach prices with elite status. I like to pick my room and I wouldn't want it "automatically" changed for an upgrade without my choice being involved.

And even more interesting to see how personally folks take your brainstorm question.

I found that interesting as well... but not at all surprising! Top tier cruisers aren't exactly the "change agents" of the world. They like things the way they are, and any mention of something different, be it better or worse, tends to draw ire.:cool: