No FTTF available, what to do?

Oldgoat61

My wife and I have a cruise on the Magic April of next year. Just found out that the FTTF is sold out for our sailing. What alternatives do I have. By doing the check in at 180 days, will that assure me getting on board with the first group? The reason I ask, is we will be getting off the Navigator of the Seas the same day we get on the Magic. I would like to be able to walk off the Navigator and enter the terminal for the Magic as soon as possible.

Thanks for your input!

My wife and I have a cruise on the Magic April of next year. Just found out that the FTTF is sold out for our sailing. What alternatives do I have. By doing the check in at 180 days, will that assure me getting on board with the first group? The reason I ask, is we will be getting off the Navigator of the Seas the same day we get on the Magic. I would like to be able to walk off the Navigator and enter the terminal for the Magic as soon as possible.

Thanks for your input!

Checking in at 180 days does nothing to ensure that you will board with the first group. That is check-in time ...... not boarding time. Are you diamond or platinum?

We are red. Check in time is my goal from the sound of it. I don't want to have to wait to get into the terminal. I want to be able to walk off the Nav. and get into the terminal asap. Beyond that, boarding the ship is secondary.

The check in times will be available 90 days prior to your cruise, not 180. If you want to board the Magic early be on the web site early. Pick the time you want. The check in times are strictly enforced. What time you get is the earliest time you can enter the terminal. FTTF becomes available at any time, agaiin keep checking the web site right up to your cruising date.

Good luck

The check in times will be available 90 days prior to your cruise, not 180. If you want to board the Magic early be on the web site early. Pick the time you want. The check in times are strictly enforced. What time you get is the earliest time you can enter the terminal. FTTF becomes available at any time, agaiin keep checking the web site right up to your cruising date.

Good luck

Please bare with me on this, it is all new to me, as far as Carnival is concerned. When you say be on the web site early, where do I have to go to pick a time?

To clarify, go to the carnival website. If you don’t have an account create one. Then add in this cruise with your booking number. With the site you can do a variety of things including, check info and checking for FTTF. It will be found in the shore excursions section when managing your booking.

People here have had success around the time final payments are due - 60 days prior to sailing.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Keep checking FTTF. We just got off Magic and FTTF showed sold out for months, but then opened up about 2-3 weeks before the cruise. They typically open it up once they know how many Diamond/Platinum guests they have, to ensure they don't have too many priority guests for the sailing.

Again, please bare with me. Thanks for all your input concerning FTTF, it just reinforces what I have been told over the phone, with the exception of 180 verses 90/60 days. I will keep checking to see if it becomes available again (which I learned how to do yesterday).....but if it doesn't, where do I go to choose a time, does it give me the option when I check in online, and if that is the case, how many days out can I start this process to be able to pick a time?

I would recommend not to stress over this. You can get off navigator, drop your luggage off next door, and then stand there at the entrance until they open the doors. Regardless of your status, worst case scenario you would be in the early/late line.

Again, please bare with me. Thanks for all your input concerning FTTF, it just reinforces what I have been told over the phone, with the exception of 180 verses 90/60 days. I will keep checking to see if it becomes available again (which I learned how to do yesterday).....but if it doesn't, where do I go to choose a time, does it give me the option when I check in online, and if that is the case, how many days out can I start this process to be able to pick a time?

You can start the check in process online 90 days before your cruise. There is a category once you start your online stuff to pick your check in time for the cruise. That's where you pick your time to show up.

If I was a betting man, I would say FTTF will go back up for sale. I sincerely doubt there will be no more opportunities between now and April. Between those who don't make final payment, and when they get a better figure of how many VIFP P/D members they have, I'd keep checking.

People here have had success around the time final payments are due - 60 days prior to sailing.

Keep checking FTTF. We just got off Magic and FTTF showed sold out for months, but then opened up about 2-3 weeks before the cruise.

This is all good stuff to know, as FTTF is sold out on my upcoming cruise on the Breeze. Thanks!

I just went to look at my booking for my Dec cruise. Even though I can't do online check-in until September the FTTF is/was already available under the "Book Excursions" button on my Cruise Manager. For my cruise it's already sold out so if I wanted to book it I would check every morning and evening until my sail date. Best odds of cancellations might be right around Final Payment date

Thanks for your input!

What did you do before FTTF? You saved $90.

You can start the check in process online 90 days before your cruise. There is a category once you start your online stuff to pick your check in time for the cruise. That's where you pick your time to show up.

Do you know what time of day it opens up? Is it midnight or early in the morning? I'd like to get as early check in time as possible.

Was very lucky. Checked a few nights ago, FTTF was available when it has been sold out the last few weeks. This is almost 90 days before sailing. Pounced on it.

A few hours later, was sold out again.

I advise like others, keep checking. I had it bookmarked and would randomly check a few times a day.

Life was so much simpler back when there was no FTTF and people came to the port as they wished

From my experience that was a zoo. Assigned arrival times, as well as FTTF to some degree, has done wonders to clear up the long lines in the terminal.

I am not sure FTTF or the first time slot is going to help you out - depending on what time last call to depart your first cruise is and how long it takes to get through immigration.

The terminal often will not open til the first time slot - be it 10, 10:30 (have seen some places as late as 11).

If it were me, I would consider getting off, giving luggage to the porters to put on the Magic, and then finding something to do. I didn't catch what port this is...but an Uber could be used to go to breakfast, restock at a store, go to a beach etc.

Even if your port has a 10 am check in slot, ships don't start to board until around 11:30 am as a general rule. Then it will be weddings, P&D, Suites, FTTF etc before they start doing zones. Even with Platinum status I am not sure I have ever been aboard before about 1145 am. So you can count on a 2 hour wait to board. For me, I will be stretching my legs on land somewhere...