How is the new digital coffee package working

myfuzzy

I'm surprised how many people feel they could never drink 15 coffees or teas in one week. Do most people only have one coffee a day?

I don't really drink (an occasional cider), but I love good coffee and tea. I know I'll have no trouble using my coffee package. I'll start the day with a cappuccino, and I"ll have another later in the day, or a nice tea. That's 14 hot drinks, with one leftover for another day.

The nice tea won't count against your coffee punches. The hot teas are included complimentary along with the freshly brewed coffee and hot chocolate.

Wife and I just got off CB. We always bought the card and whoever wanted to just carried the card (this has nothing to do with fresh brewed). On this cruise we got the coffee package and it was placed on my wife’s card. Now, if I wanted to go my separate way and get a specialty coffee I would have to take her cruise card and I would have to give her mine in case she wanted to do something alone or go back to the cabin. We don’t drink that much coffee so one package was always sufficient for the two of us. I found it to be very inconvenient for couples if Princess can’t figure out how to get one package on two cards. With all the millions being spent on ***** I find it baffling that they can’t do this

So can you get freshly brewed at any bar? We are quite a distance from the International cafe and it would be good to get unlimited coffee on deck.

The only location I am aware of for brewed coffee is at the IC but some bars can make espresso based drinks but don’t know which ones.

On Royal-class ships the Pastry/Bakery Shop has specialty coffees & free filter coffee made from ground coffee in the buffet. Some people get an Americano specialty coffee which they’ve said was basically a watered down espresso.

I'm surprised how many people feel they could never drink 15 coffees or teas in one week. Do most people only have one coffee a day?

The coffee card/package has been in effect on Princess for many years now and seems to work pretty well.

Coffee is unlimited. In addition 15 punches on the card for specialty coffees.

If you go over buy another package.

So, let me ask again...I KNOW this topic has been beaten to death,PRE roll out, I don't need any opinions on Mediallion. but, I want to know HOW the "package" is working out. Say, with a couple, the husband has the package on HIS card, and SHE wants a coffee, are there any problems if she takes the card to get herself something? Is the 15 coffee number too many for shorter cruises.. Again let me say maybe packages of 6, 12, 18 more manageable, depending on your cruise length. Maybe that would get more takers.

Has this deterred you from purchasing it?

In addition to no longer having paper "cards" this no longer gives you the option of getting a "fresh brewed" coffee on your next cruise. So what you get on the initial cruise you purchased it for...that's IT.

Seems like you are trying to create a problem that it’s not there. Purchasing a coffee from a coffee package on a card is 1980s technology which most lines have. Princess is trying to go from 1970s paper punch card technology to late 1990s technology. I suspect the real issue here is aversion to change. You would really hamper your vacation enjoyment over a lousy $5 cup of coffee. Get the coffee, you can’t take it with you when your gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Few ships have Coffee and Cones on Lido deck. Can get coffee and tea there besides the IC

In a previous discussion it was posted that Coffee & Cones did not have brewed coffee & only specialty coffee drinks...has that changed?

Coffee and cones is great except "THEY DON'T SERVE BREWED COFFEE" you have to schlep down to deck 5. Real convenient, making and entire ship of passengers go to only one tiny location for real brewed coffee. Who thinks up this stuff?

Grand Dec. 30th......The Ice Cream Bar has been replaced with the New Grounds Crafted Coffee "COFFEE & CONES". Their Expresso machine can offer Latte, Cappuccino, Americano, Macchiato, Espresso and Chai Teas, Frappes, Mocha Milkshakes, Mexican Frothed Chocolate, and for $1.00 more, you can add a shot of Bailey's or Kahlua.

You can still get that FREE Frosty Cone, and they offer Ice Cream Sandwiches for $3.00 each. They are as follows:

Chocolate Chip Cookie/Vanilla Ice Cream

Coconut-Ginger Cookie/Pina Colada Ice Cream

Snickerdoodle Cookie/Cinnamon Ice Cream

Honey N' Oats-Raisins Cookie/Honey Yogurt Ice Cream

Mint Paddy--Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cookie/Peppermint Ice Cream

Stan

Let us not forget ONE THING. If Princess did not use the coffee syrup in dining rooms and buffet and used real coffee all of this would be moot.. They have served this crap coffee for decades and for the life of me I do not understand why have they not changed? No one in the hospitality business would say lets serve crappy watery coffee so we can charge money for people that hate crappy coffee to have good coffee.

Let us not forget ONE THING. If Princess did not use the coffee syrup in dining rooms and buffet and used real coffee all of this would be moot.. They have served this crap coffee for decades and for the life of me I do not understand why have they not changed? No one in the hospitality business would say lets serve crappy watery coffee so we can charge money for people that hate crappy coffee to have good coffee.

They have changed their way of using coffee grinds on the Royal class ships so obviously they know people were't satisfied for that liquid stuff.

Unless they revamp their coffee stations on all their older ships it would take a major change so they just let the people live with it until the ships are phased out.

They have changed their way of using coffee grinds on the Royal class ships so obviously they know people were't satisfied for that liquid stuff.

Unless they revamp their coffee stations on all their older ships it would take a major change so they just let the people live with it until the ships are phased out.

But in terms of economic's, and in the big picture how big a deal would it be to upgrade the coffee stations during normal scheduled dry-docks.

For a so called 4 star cruise line Princess should not be serving that Horizon Court swill

Srpilo

But in terms of economic's, and in the big picture how big a deal would it be to upgrade the coffee stations during normal scheduled dry-docks.

For a so called 4 star cruise line Princess should not be serving that Horizon Court swill

Srpilo

I do agree that they should at least serve a decent cup of free coffee at the minimum,

BUT

how many coffee cards would they sell for the better specialty coffee's otherwise.

I'm sure they've gave it a lot of consideration before not making any changes.

service and food in the mdr is 'lacking' - Voila ! = club class is rolled out for better service , and some unique items not served in the 'regular' mdr

want a better burger? - Voila ! = buy an Ernesto burger on deck

want a decent steak / lobster without going to the specialty restaurant? - Voila ! - Princess rolls out a trial menu of paying an extra fee for those in the mdr...

what else?

And many people are fine with the swill. I remember coffee discussions going on here for at least 15 years. We sailed on the Grand in 2003 and one our tablemates talked about how good the coffee was in the dining room. I did not have the heart to tell her it was made from concentrate.

And many people are fine with the swill. I remember coffee discussions going on here for at least 15 years. We sailed on the Grand in 2003 and one our tablemates talked about how good the coffee was in the dining room. I did not have the heart to tell her it was made from concentrate.

Princess led the pack when it came to "swill" from syrup (I think they still do this on some ships). But there are certainly plenty of folks who are fine with that stuff. Personally, while I find the coffee at the IC much better then in the MDR it is still a bit weak to my taste. On the other hand, I sometimes make an 8 ounce cup of espresso at home (where I have an excellent superautomatic where we use only Lavazza beans). I think that coffee drinkers have become a lot like wine drinkers where everyone has their own very opinionated preference. That is part of what makes it fun :).

Hank

Coffee made from syrup is served in some of the finest restaurants on land.

Like coffee in the grocery store, the syrup comes in various quality levels. The land restaurants usually buy a high quality syrup.

It is possible that Princess is not purchasing the best quality syrup available.

Coffee made from syrup is served in some of the finest restaurants on land.

Like coffee in the grocery store, the syrup comes in various quality levels. The land restaurants usually buy a high quality syrup.

It is possible that Princess is not purchasing the best quality syrup available.

Could it be that the mixture settings are a little off on some of the ships?

I've tasted it on all the ships & sometimes it's acceptable, other times not.

Even the brewed coffee on the Royal class ships occasionally doesn't taste great to me.

I used one of my part-used coffee cards on the CB yesterday at the IC. The Barista started to say I should tap my card, then saw what I had and said, "Oh, one of those cards". He did not have a punch and x-ed out one of the 15. As it's one of the old brown cards, he did not bother to write anything on the back, where it says STAR PRINCESS without a date.

I used one of my part-used coffee cards on the CB yesterday at the IC. The Barista started to say I should tap my card, then saw what I had and said, "Oh, one of those cards". He did not have a punch and x-ed out one of the 15. As it's one of the old brown cards, he did not bother to write anything on the back, where it says STAR PRINCESS without a date.

No need to as they'll cycle out of circulation by themselves no matter what ships name is written on the back.