Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Hi friends, I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread on this news or not but I just found out that rkacruiser recently passed away.

I know he posted on this forum and just wanted to send out my heartfelt wishes to his family.  If ya'll could do the same, I am sure they would appreciate it.

RIP..........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dawntrdr said:

Thanks for letting us know, Lois.  I really appreciated his insightful comments on financial matters especially in the cruise industry.

Hi dawntrdr,  me too, he was very nice.  He was a regular poster over on the HAL forum as well.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi friends, I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread on this news or not but I just found out that rkacruiser recently passed away.

I know he posted on this forum and just wanted to send out my heartfelt wishes to his family.  If ya'll could do the same, I am sure they would appreciate it.

RIP..........

Very sad indeed. Condolences to his family.

18 minutes ago, highplanesdrifters said:

But can you wear jeans?😂

Yes, you can!  Not many people do though.  This is the "high end" restaurant in our town of 12,000 souls.  However, the fame of Black Tartan Kitchen is drawing people from Ottawa and the surrounding areas.  The restaurant has even been graced by two lovely residents of Albany.  😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, mysty said:

…the fame of Black Tartan Kitchen is drawing people from Ottawa and the surrounding areas.  The restaurant has even been graced by two lovely residents of Albany.  😄

I’ll be damned! 😆😆😆

Next thing you know they’ll be accepting reservations from Marylanders.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi friends, I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread on this news or not but I just found out that rkacruiser recently passed away.  I know he posted on this forum and just wanted to send out my heartfelt wishes to his family.  If ya'll could do the same, I am sure they would appreciate it.  RIP..........

YES, very sorry to hear about rkacruiser.  Appreciate this update from Lois. He was a fairly close, nearby "neighbor" just about an hour away from where I live in Central Ohio.  He resided in SW Ohio just south of Dayton.  He had posted much on these Silversea boards, bringing good and interesting insights, sharing and comments.  He'll be missed.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 5

5 hours ago, dawntrdr said:

Thanks for letting us know, Lois.  I really appreciated his insightful comments on financial matters especially in the cruise industry.

Being an Ohio "neighbor", I was able to find his obituary and details.  Robert K. A., age 79, passed away Thursday, December 22, 2022. Bob was was a graduate of Ohio Wesleyan University in 1965 and had been a junior high school science teacher for over 30 years.  His former students and fellow OWU grads posted glowing comments about him and his successful life.   It was noted that his "preferred method to see the world was by cruise ship on his favorite cruise line, Holland America."  Safe sailing for Bob!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

I’ll be damned! 😆😆😆

Next thing you know they’ll be accepting reservations from Marylanders.

Once you let the Albanians in, no telling what happens! (PS nothing against people from the country of Albania; we here in Albany jokingly refer to ourselves as "Albanians" too).

Also sorry to hear the news about rkacruiser. Lois, thanks for sharing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Terry, thank you for sharing that obit with us.  I only knew him from Cruise Critic. It sounds like he was a really well rounded person. I never knew he was a teacher....and for 30 years!!!! 

Davey - I have missed a few days round the cooler, but I think you are off to Dubai, and then maybe India?  Maybe you are already there.  Anyway, it would be good to hear of your always luxurious trips, here  in gloomy and rainy England.

Lola

• Like 1

Good Morning Lola, Happy New Year to you. I set off on Sunday evening. I’ve a 24 hour stopover in Dubai and then onto Delhi for an 18 day tour of Rahjastan and then another stopover in Dubai on the way home. I’ve never done a “Land Cruise” like this before. I Wasn’t planning on posting on here, I didn’t want to be flooding the cooler, it is all quite full on, I’m visiting over 100 places on the tour.  I’m off holiday shopping today and then packing tonight (well, more accurately pointing at what needs packing as it gets miraculously rolled and placed into the correct packing cube, my OH is wonderful that way). I’m definitely travelling light though, I’ve accepted the challenge of no more than 10 pairs of shoes! 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Good Morning Lola, Happy New Year to you. I set off on Sunday evening. I’ve a 24 hour stopover in Dubai and then onto Delhi for an 18 day tour of Rahjastan and then another stopover in Dubai on the way home. I’ve never done a “Land Cruise” like this before. I Wasn’t planning on posting on here, I didn’t want to be flooding the cooler, it is all quite full on, I’m visiting over 100 places on the tour.  I’m off holiday shopping today and then packing tonight (well, more accurately pointing at what needs packing as it gets miraculously rolled and placed into the correct packing cube, my OH is wonderful that way). I’m definitely travelling light though, I’ve accepted the challenge of no more than 10 pairs of shoes! 

Have an amazing time DW!  And please post in the Cooler along the way as the spirit (or spirits) move you!  Allow us to travel with you vicariously please!  🥰

• Like 3