Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

12 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Yes. Prices hit $7 a dozen this past week in Colorado.

Been $7.50 for a while here, but yesterday I noticed som brands at $4.50, so hoping the egg shortage has been broken.  And, painting potatoes for Easter?  Let’s do it and start a new fad.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mysty said:

We're paying $3.00 for 6 eggs.   What's the deal with egg prices?

There is a National egg shortage in the US.  Causes are claimed to be from Avian Influenza a few months ago.  Things in some parts are so bad that eggs are being smuggled into the US across the southern boarder…….. never thought we would see that!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

There is a National egg shortage in the US.  Causes are claimed to be from Avian Influenza a few months ago.  Things in some parts are so bad that eggs are being smuggled into the US across the southern boarder…….. never thought we would see that!

They add a bit of fentanyl to each carton of eggs 😉

• Haha 5

Hi all,

Sorry I’ve not been about much, I had a busy couple of days at the end of my holiday and came home to the news that my Aunty had passed away suddenly from sepsis whilst I was away. Anyway I had the most fabulous time in India and topped it off with another fab night in Dubai at the end. A Stay at Palazzo Versace and the Prussian brunch was a lot of fun. Delhi airport was nothing other than Purgatory but that’s for another time. Lola, the Taj was an incredible experience. We skipped sunrise as it was going to be too misty so left it until 9ish so it was relatively quiet. There was a lot of chatter in India about things that are afoot in China and people seem to be quite jittery about the situation so that didn’t help. I Went back late afternoon in the vague hope of a sunset but instead the sun just gently dissolved into the sky. It was still magical though. I’ve just done my first little holiday vid of the Taj. 

M your meal looked lovely.

Lririo I’m sorry you were caught up in all of that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Hi all, I had a busy couple of days at the end of my holiday and came home to the news that my Aunty had passed away suddenly from sepsis whilst I was away. Anyway I had the most fabulous time in India and topped it off with another fab night in Dubai at the end. A Stay at Palazzo Versace and the Prussian brunch was a lot of fun. Delhi airport was nothing other than Purgatory but that’s for another time. Lola, the Taj was an incredible experience. We skipped sunrise as it was going to be too misty so left it until 9ish so it was relatively quiet. There was a lot of chatter in India about things that are afoot in China and people seem to be quite jittery about the situation so that didn’t help. I Went back late afternoon in the vague hope of a sunset but instead the sun just gently dissolved into the sky. It was still magical though. I’ve just done my first little holiday vid of the Taj. 

Super wonderful video by Davey.  Sorry about your aunt.  Love the visuals, historic info supered on the screen, music, etc.  Wonderful.  Hope there are more videos to come from you exciting adventure in India.  Keep up the great sharing!!  Yes, things are "happening" in China that will keep people's attention for the coming years.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

49 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Hi all,

Sorry I’ve not been about much, I had a busy couple of days at the end of my holiday and came home to the news that my Aunty had passed away suddenly from sepsis whilst I was away. Anyway I had the most fabulous time in India and topped it off with another fab night in Dubai at the end. A Stay at Palazzo Versace and the Prussian brunch was a lot of fun. Delhi airport was nothing other than Purgatory but that’s for another time. Lola, the Taj was an incredible experience. We skipped sunrise as it was going to be too misty so left it until 9ish so it was relatively quiet. There was a lot of chatter in India about things that are afoot in China and people seem to be quite jittery about the situation so that didn’t help. I Went back late afternoon in the vague hope of a sunset but instead the sun just gently dissolved into the sky. It was still magical though. I’ve just done my first little holiday vid of the Taj. 

M your meal looked lovely.

Lririo I’m sorry you were caught up in all of that.

Spectacular video DW!  Epic adventure and brilliant capture of the wonder!  Thank you! 🥰

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Thanks for the kind words, I’m glad you enjoyed it. Todays little reel doesn’t quite have the same cultural importance when it comes to subject matter but it was a lot of fun. 
24 Hour stopover in Dubai

Sure beats the Strand Palace Hotel DW 😁