Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

29 minutes ago, besberry said:

Have a great 2020 everyone.  I hope it brings all you wish for.  Happy cruising!

YES!!  Happy New Year and best wishes for a great 2020.  From the AP Newswire this morning, they had this headline: “Cheers, tears, prayers for 2020: A new decade is ushered in” with these highlights: “Revelers around the globe are bidding farewell to a decade that will be remembered for the rise of social media, the Arab Spring, the #MeToo movement.  More than a million people descended on a hazy Sydney Harbour and surrounding areas ahead of the ringing in of the new year despite the ongoing wildfire crisis ravaging New South Wales, Australia’s most populous state.”

Full AP story and pictures

at:

https://apnews.com/5ad9012c0e0aa91f816d57da58a176a1

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 227,192 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

From the AP, here are two of their visuals from Sydney's super scenic harbor as they welcome the New Year!!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

1317722003_ScreenShot2019-12-31at12_03_04PM.thumb.png.daf0fd8ef64f2230c9eda3d0dfdf79a4.png

1137121440_ScreenShot2019-12-31at12_08_06PM.thumb.png.9cf4bba623a2683a9e857958167f0f41.png

4 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

1317722003_ScreenShot2019-12-31at12_03_04PM.thumb.png.daf0fd8ef64f2230c9eda3d0dfdf79a4.png

Terry,

It was so weird hearing the boarding announcement last night @ DFW for QF8... “as we beginning boarding your flight to Sydney, remember, while it’s December 30 in Dallas tonight, when you land in Sydney it’ll be New Year’s Day.  So, we hope you’ll enjoy this New Year’s Eve flight even though you’ll miss the fireworks.”

😢

• Haha 1

Hi coolers, wishing all of you a very Happy 2020---health to all of us (yes, me included). I have a Dr appt on Friday

with my Oncologist.   And of course today was my LAST DAY AT WORK!!!!!!!!!!:classic_biggrin:.  It really has not totally

sunk in yet. Maybe after my cruise in 2 weeks and I realize I don't have to go back to work? LOL...…...

No plans for the next few days. I fly to Ft. Lauderdale on 1/15 and sail on The Wind on 1/16.

Thanks for being my friends:classic_smile:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi coolers, wishing all of you a very Happy 2020---health to all of us (yes, me included). I have a Dr appt on Friday

with my Oncologist.   And of course today was my LAST DAY AT WORK!!!!!!!!!!:classic_biggrin:.  It really has not totally

sunk in yet. Maybe after my cruise in 2 weeks and I realize I don't have to go back to work? LOL...…...

No plans for the next few days. I fly to Ft. Lauderdale on 1/15 and sail on The Wind on 1/16.

Lois happy retirement!!!

Dear Lois,

From someone who retired from an overwhelming job as I think you did, you have to come back from your cruise to a Plan A.  I mean, join, or develop, some activity you always wanted to do and never had time to.  Something that you would find very rewarding.  I worked for over 40 years with numbers (statistics, correlations, etc.) but I was always missing time to work with words.  This is what I am doing now and love it!!  Lois, please reflect into what makes you happy and engage!!  You will not regret it.

• Like 1

Happy New Year everyone. Health and Happiness to you all. 
A rather somber country with the terrible fires raging up and down the coast.
Most of the coastal towns have huge population explosions of holiday makers at this time of year which adds to the problem of keeping everyone safe. 

To all the people heading off to their next cruise, I wish you Bon Voyage. I am envious and plan to travel along with the blogs. 

Happy retirement Lois. I know you will enjoy it!👏

• Like 1

Thank you all so much....your kind words are making me cry...…(good tears).  Cam, I will do that.....I have heard that

same thing from others as well.  What is it you are doing now?

Jilly, so sorry about the fires.....my best to you and all your countrymates.

Image result for Happy New Year 2020

17 hours ago, Lois R said:

Enjoy your retirement Lois.  I retired early 8½ years ago.  It's the best career move I ever made and I'm loving retirement.  I'm sure you will too.  Just make sure you tick off some of your bucket list.  I did number 2 last year and ticking off number one in February.  So get planning 😉

Good morning coolers....well, the first day----this would be a lax week since it is the holiday and a short week.

Tomorrow I have my Dr appt at the Oncologist to discuss the Radiation treatments.  AND I sail 2 weeks from today:classic_biggrin:

I have some things I want to do so maybe next week---like do a bunch of cleaning out of clothing I have not worn

in forever. And cleaning some other stuff that has been sitting around in the guest room. 

It is strange being home at 9:30am on a weekday though LOL

Hi coolers,   I went to see my Oncologist today and will be starting radiation treatments on Jan 27th.

It will be 5 days a week for 4 weeks so basically through the month of February.  They gave me all sorts

of paperwork to read up on....they have specific items they want you to use...certain body wash &

deodorant to use while going through the treatment.  The side effect is not bad at all.....many women

say it feels like a sunburn but no sickness or losing hair or anything. 

The Dr is really nice and explained many things to me.  He also told me to have a fun on my cruise and

so I will:classic_biggrin:…...2 more weeks till I sail!