Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

16 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I went out yesterday to run a few errands.....I keep forgetting how my body is still recovering and was exhausted:classic_sad:  Today I will just relax.  I keep wondering how long it is going to take for me to fully heal but I guess there really is no definite answer on that one.:classic_wacko:

Take it easy, Lois!!  Don't push too much and/or risk a successful recovery.  Slow and very steady.  

Did you stay up last night to watch your Wisconsin Badgers?  Great first half by that team.  BUT, we were there in Indianapolis and were very happy about the second half success by our Ohio State team.  Nice sunshine this morning in Indy.  At noon, we find out the match-ups for the top four college football play-off teams.  Plus, all of the other bowl-bound teams, including Michigan, Penn State, Alabama, etc.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 238,056 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Hi Terry, they a not my Badgers-----I just have never been an Ohio State fan and so whoever is playing them?

That is who I am rooting for.

Yes, I saw some of the game but fell asleep before it was over. By the 2nd 1/2 I could not stay awake. Normally

I would have but in this case my body was telling me to lay down so the tiredness took over.

I did see the SEC Championship game though......love LSU:classic_biggrin:

Good morning.....cute Mysty:classic_smile:

Well, I found out we get Christmas bonuses this week:classic_biggrin:....it will be my last one--after the surgery and all that, I still

need to have my eye on the prize (besides my health of course) 3 weeks left for me:classic_smile: 

• Like 1

Hi everyone! Remember when Silversea very unwisely chartered out most of the Whisper to Utility Warehouse a couple of summers ago? As a person who survived that experience I now keep an eye on their holiday incentive program to make sure I never, ever have that happen again. Imagine my eyes turning into saucers when I saw this:

2001342144_ScreenShot2019-12-09at1_53_19PM.thumb.png.2f0337b2606eb9adc12dafe0ebcb6b21.png

The good news is that a bit of further research showed that this is not a Silversea itinerary, so perhaps a Valuable Lesson Was Learned . . . and by that I don't mean how to sing "Income for Life" to the tune of "Sweet Caroline."

Edited by BeeMinor
  • Thanks 1

On 12/8/2019 at 10:37 AM, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, they a not my Badgers-----I just have never been an Ohio State fan and so whoever is playing them?   That is who I am rooting for.  Yes, I saw some of the game but fell asleep before it was over. By the 2nd 1/2 I could not stay awake.  I did see the SEC Championship game though......love LSU:classic_biggrin:

Appreciate this background and follow-up from Lois.  Yes, understand that each of us have our personal sports favorites and/or teams that we root against.  That's America and freedom to choose your likes!!!  This year, I especially liked LSU, including when they beat Alabama!!  Plus, LSU's big success this year has been driven by a quarterback, Joe Burrow, who graduated from OSU and grew up here in our state.  Burrow will be winning the coveted Heisman Trophy this year.   But, if it is OSU versus LSU in the National Championship game, you know my favorite.  Glad Lois is getting her bonus check and hopefully you are continuing to take it easy and progress medically.

Below are a couple of colorful pictures from our seats at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis Saturday night in watching our team win its third straight Big Ten Championship.  Plus, an interesting view of Ohio Capitol lighted for the season in Columbus.  All pictures from my iPhone 7 that can produce some good visual results.  I don't always need my Nikon 3100 to achieve decent pictures.     

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Barcelona/Med: June 2011, with stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 249,670 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Two visuals from Saturday's Big Ten Championship in Indianapolis at the start and conclusion of the game, plus a sample of the Ohio Statehouse having holiday season lighting in the middle of the Columbus downtown.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

IMG_4448.thumb.jpeg.4d286131f8e864288a8e5f3f4cf4c715.jpeg

IMG_4459.thumb.jpeg.56fe201ad1239139b3502531f39f95e2.jpeg

IMG_4482.thumb.jpeg.13ff1c9c17c6f6f67553d90b072ab710.jpeg

Hi Terry, nice photos.

Had to go back to the Dr today.  Thought I had felt some hardness around the incision area and didn't know if that

was normal. So, went to see him this morning and he said that can be normal but to take an open palm and massage

the area. He also put me on a new anti biotic. Hoping for more improvement over the next few days. But he didn't

seem alarmed so I won't either.  And at least the soreness seems to be lessening quite a bit now.

5 minutes ago, silkismom said:

Lois, when I had my hip replacement, the surgeon recommended cocoa butter cream to massage the area and incision.

Really? I didn't ask about anything like that....since he said to just use an open palm I figured I would

follow his recommendation.

11 hours ago, silkismom said:

I hope it helps you.

Good morning, thanks, me too.  I realize everyone's body is different but wish I could have just healed "normally"---

but I guess what is normal for one person is not so much for another.

Lois,

I am glad you seem to be healing well.   I had recent surgery with a plastic surgeon.  She strongly recommends using coconut oil on the healing incision and surrounding area.  It’s usually available in the baking area or natural foods area at the supermarket, and looks a lot like Crisco.  She says it is much better than Vitamin E because after a while the Vitamin E oil can irate the skin and cause redness.   My incision is healing nicely, and seems to me to be healing more quickly than I would have expected.

Hope your last days before retirement go quickly, and that you enjoy the holiday season.

Nothing like a little scatological humo(u)r to brighten your Friday! 

3 weeks and a day until Silver Cloud! Almost time to start taking inventory, and making sure we have enough of the essentials. 

And I finished my Portugal blog with time to spare. Probably a few typos still there, so I will have to do some proofreading, but it's good to have one trip done before the next one starts!

Working this weekend. Hope everyone else has a great one.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Observed in Caribbean recently.  All interior rooms 😉? Anyone know what this ship might be?

1132777889_IMG_042215559.jpg.1cc13975f5a2bdd605ec1cdc7c61fa03.jpg

Possibly a car transporter, I see things like that from time to time docked along Front St (at the commercial dock, not the cruise pier) with a lot of cars disembarking.

Edited by jollyjones
  • Thanks 1