Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

big bubbles in the pool as the rain continues to fall...

Sorry about your weather/rain challenges in South Florida.  Looking at the news this morning, I am shocked that they have had to go with Greek alphabet names for the latest storms.  First I can remember that happening!!  More challenges in the Gulf of Mexico areas.  

We super enjoyed perfect sunny and nice weather during the past four days in the Philadelphia area for the Saturday afternoon outdoor wedding.  More details and visuals later.  Back home safe and sound last night.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

From AccuWeather this morning, here is our Central Ohio forecast for the rest of this week.  Perfect weather?  No rain!!  Looking good.  Nice temperatures!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see this visual larger/better!)

873508815_ScreenShot2020-09-21at10_37_45AM.thumb.png.40091a2b100f65b5694314031b5103c4.png

Edited by TLCOhio

Many good funnies posted here at the Cooler by Spins, misty, zqtchas, etc.  Keep up the great sharing during this challenging period when we cannot either be traveling and/or dreaming for our next great adventure.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

875212789_ScreenShot2020-09-21at11_10_14AM.thumb.png.dcca1832df23e3dcd5bfa9584357a515.png

1586903982_ScreenShot2020-09-21at11_09_35AM.thumb.png.185883ef3d17e359940b762471369b93.png

Terry

Yesterday. Yes just yesterday a potential tropical cyclone was perhaps developing over Lake O, as we call her( Okeechobee). 

That is just ridiculous! All of a SUDDEN!!!

So today we have storms. And maybe just maybe we will have a Greek alphabet storm.

Drat that climate change!

YES MYSTY. I will try and avoid the rain. 

No promises about otherwise staying dry.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, in Bermuda, another Monday, another hurricane, yawn ....

Spins, sorry you're being so precipitated upon.

To be fair, full disclosure, I'm in England having finally escaped imprisonment on my little rock, oh the joy of different streets for perambulation. This is my walk down to my local supermarket. 

image002.jpg

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

Meanwhile, in Bermuda, another Monday, another hurricane, yawn ....

Spins, sorry you're being so precipitated upon.

To be fair, full disclosure, I'm in England having finally escaped imprisonment on my little rock, oh the joy of different streets for perambulation. This is my walk down to my local supermarket. 

image002.jpg

Jolly,

How lush and verdant!

Good to know you are well and in England.

2 hours ago, jollyjones said:

We have English friends who live in England but are pet sitting in Switzerland, returning home this coming weekend. They'll have to self-isolate for 14 days but their 'neighborhood' is lots of farms and ranches and they've arranged for grocery delivery the day after they get home. There are certainly worse places to be.

• Like 1

So many of these funnies strike home with me, I am afraid.   Does the wine one apply to many of you?  I am certainly needing that first drink fairly early these days, and maybe consuming slightly more than B.C.  This seems to be the case with lots of Brits at present, the doom merchants suggesting that there are far more people with a serous 'drink problem'.

However, it is a lovely day here in England |(southern end anyway), and could be the last day for sunbathing for some time, so about to go into the garden for some vitamin D.

Hope all you coolers are having a good day,

Lola

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Does the wine one apply to many of you?  I am certainly needing that first drink fairly early these days, and maybe consuming slightly more than B.C.  This seems to be the case with lots of Brits at present, the doom merchants suggesting that there are far more people with a serous 'drink problem'.

Lola

The wine one definitely applies in our household.  We are spending a lot less on gas for the car and a lot more on tipple.  And if we need to deal A.C. with withdrawal so be it!  Enjoy the sun Lola!

Awesome, Fletcher! I love raptors. We have hawks all over the place here. The way they soar is majestic.

We have seen a bunch of turkey vultures around the neighborhood this summer. They have quite the buffet of squirrel carcasses to choose from. Problem is, I only see them when I'm just carrying my cell phone. So, no good pix like yours.

Chilly mornings this weekend. I captured this cold bumblebee, warming itself on an eggplant leaf. So much pollen!

20200919_101407.thumb.jpg.f9142911b7c5433ec84368a1866b376e.jpg

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1