Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 hour ago, Fletcher said:

An interesting event on our front lawn the other day.  Who needs to go to South America or Africa for this sort of carnage?

DSC_0024.jpg

We used to see this in our back yard. A Harris hawk even dived into an azalea bush to get something. It happened so fast I couldn't make out what it was.

The raptors in our garden are essentially sparrowhawks.  You don't often see them in action, but there are fairly frequent rings of pigeon feathers around as a giveaway.  Lots of kestrels too. My son works as a volunteer at an osprey nest watching  site in the Lake District.   It is great that they are around.  

Lola

10 hours ago, Fletcher said:

An interesting event on our front lawn the other day.  Who needs to go to South America or Africa for this sort of carnage?

DSC_0024.jpg

Carnage here too today I’m afraid. My naughtiest cat, Rosie, despite my great efforts finally managed to get hold of our lovely little Robin. I Should explain that Rosie is short for Rosemary West (her brothers are named Reggie and Ronnie) one of her recent and proudest E644DFA6-EF3F-41B1-AA3D-0D83425359CE.thumb.jpeg.5047b16c13b0fa624fdc53d893231430.jpegacquisitions was a stoat. She finds bats quite entertaining. She has also often been known to frequent Voles And blackbirds nests of a weekend. Tonight she chased a Hungarian Wiesler, he was terrified. She finds it quite entertaining to entice Ill suspecting dogs into the perilous situation of barking at her. To look at her, butter wouldn’t Melt...

B4BFF4A8-3E71-40DF-8AF6-C37E8B7B3EC0.jpeg

A510FAD7-C7A7-460E-ABD3-B7EBBA8DAC11.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fletcher said:

That looks like an old Maserati 3200GT behind your pussycat . . . 

Fun picture and comments regarding that old Maserati.  BUT, to pick up on the good posting by mysty, if you have enough beer and wine in you maybe you can dream and think that you can go up to 185 mph???!!!

Interesting and telling this morning that Silversea has now, finally, scrubbed certain cruises scheduled for November and moved their re-opening date, maybe, if and if, to December.  Still very doubtful that most of those December sailings will happen.  More on other threads on this Silversea CC Board.  Why is Silversea so very, very S-L-O-W in making these schedule updates?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

286293757_ScreenShot2020-09-23at8_57_48AM.thumb.png.1dca7e3bc8f4ebb34c7bf74c5a8532ce.png

1966754323_ScreenShot2020-09-23at8_58_02AM.thumb.png.c2c42d47ca05a1be0e811f489613f43c.png

Terry.......Silversea are SLOW in making updates to retain whatever remaining cash flow they have.This together with making clients wait up to 90 days for refunds are the reasons why SS is still afloat.How long cash reserves will last is the question we would all welcome an answer to particularly in view of world wide restrictions.Here in the UK the Prime Minister has just announced further severe restrictions for at least 6 months for UK citizens.Happy Christmas everybody!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, brimary said:

Terry.......Silversea are SLOW in making updates to retain whatever remaining cash flow they have.This together with making clients wait up to 90 days for refunds are the reasons why SS is still afloat.How long cash reserves will last is the question we would all welcome an answer to particularly in view of world wide restrictions.  Here in the UK the Prime Minister has just announced further severe restrictions for at least 6 months for UK citizens.  Happy Christmas everybody!

Cute comment of "Happy Christmas everybody!" by our wise and experienced brimary.  YES, have noticed and posted about the "RE-BOUND" in virus challenges happening in the UK and for other parts of Europe.  This "situation" is a long ways from being over.  Sad!

Yesterday afternoon I talked with a Silversea sales agent about timing regarding the Silver Origin doing its first sailing in the Galapagos islands.  Then, that first sailing there was to be happening on Nov. 7.  Today??  That potential thing has been moved back, maybe to early December.   On getting refunds after payments were made, his "promise" was that those delays were many months ago when then were being overwhelmed in being able to make such  refunds.  Yesterday, he claimed that now it only took 14 days for such refunds to be accomplished.   I pointed out the problems for getting refunds that have been posted here on the CC Boards.  His "promise" for the current Silversea performance sounded good on the phone, but apparently the "REALITY" is different??!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, brimary said:

TLC.  Thanks once again for the helpful and factual update which are much valued.Pleased I am not in a position,fortunately, to test the 14 day refund Promise but for all those SS clients awaiting refunds it will be welcomed.

Here is the response I got from SS when I canceled our January trip  This email is dated August 1, 2020

"The cash refund you have requested on Booking 18xxxxx, Voyage WH210107013 | WH210120023 has been processed today.

Please note that due to the exceptional volume of refunds we are managing at the moment it will take more than usual for the refund to show on your credit card.

We estimate this credit card refund to show on your statement between  10/06/2020 and 10/16/2020, subject to your Credit Card provider processing time.

Best personal regards,
BARBARA MUCKERMANN
Chief Marketing Officer

That is certainly more than 14 days.  I'll let you know if the refund comes on the schedule they quoted.
  • Like 1