Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Beautiful kitchen, @Emtbsam! Love those gleaming pots. Our stainless steel stuff needs an upgrade. 

@Fletcher, I am also stuck with grocery store ducks in plastic wrap but they do crisp up ok. I've also hears that you should leave them in the fridge, unwrapped, for a time before cooking but I don't bother. 

@rojaan19, I'm still experimenting on the "best" method. Last night I just sliced them, tossed the slices in a bowl with olive oil and salt, then put them in the fryer. They were nicely crisp but not too dry. But a little boring.

My favorite preparation so far was when Chris breaded the slices lightly, and we let them sit 30 minutes. Then, gently layered into the air fryer and not disturbed for a few minutes, until the breading cooked up firm enough to stay intact when shaken. So good, with a herb-yogurt-garlic dip.

We have a few more growing so I'll keep experimenting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

Here is a photo of the kitchen.  Please excuse the mess.  

Thanks for sharing Emtbsam!  Now, about that mess you claim.  Clearly, you don't understand the definition of the word "mess".  If that's a mess, you're never seeing our kitchen.  😄

Now, about those empty wine bottles in the lower left of the pic, let's here the story about them. 🙂

Edited by Stumblefoot
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

Thanks for sharing Emtbsam!  Now, about that mess you claim.  Clearly, you don't understand the definition of the word "mess".  If that's a mess, you're never seeing our kitchen.  😄

Now, about those empty wine bottles in the lower left of the pic, let's here the story about them. 🙂

The empty wine bottles are there so I can remember what to buy.  Sometimes I photograph them and throw the bottles out.  I don't know as much about wine as many of you, so if I find something I like, I stick with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dusababy said:

LOVE your kitchen V!    I recognize some of those hanging pots -- nothing like them.  How I sometimes wish I still had one or two, not that I'm doing much cooking lately.  😞

I wish that Dehillerin realized that as we get older, the pots get heavier.  It would be so nice to have a second handle on the opposite side.

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

Thanks for sharing Emtbsam!  Now, about that mess you claim.  Clearly, you don't understand the definition of the word "mess".  If that's a mess, you're never seeing our kitchen

Not commenting about "messes" in kitchens.  That is a sure path for getting into trouble. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1075620198_ScreenShot2020-10-13at2_15_05PM.png.e98d8302df680f32b23e23d9caf08a06.png

1408859080_ScreenShot2020-10-13at2_15_22PM.png.c6174624b8e79833c6e48ef226b3fc24.png

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, lincslady said:

As a not very brilliant cook - compared with many of you -

5 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

I wish I were as good a chef as many of you

I am on the same side of the chef equation as you two say you are.  So many great cooking ideas by the folks here kind enough to share them.  Actually I would bet you both cook way better than I do. 

We love Orange Chicken from our favorite Chinese restaurant, now I have some idea how to prepare an orange sauce myself.  We have some orange syrup given by friends from Florida, may add a bit of that. 

There's an 8.5 inch Dehillerin pan $99.95 on Ebay as "buy it now" - seem reasonable?  And JP's Kaiserschmarrn - wow!  Looked up a recipe, calls for raisins soaked in rum, may need to try making it 🙂 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jillyf said:

Love the pots. I’m not into housework these days so if they were mine they may not look that beautiful. 

Kindred spirit here Jillyf!  I doing just enough so that neighbours in the apartments next to us do not complain.  Seriously, in the grand scheme of things, even if the dust bunnies are staging a rodeo here they are keeping the noise down! 😁

• Haha 1

Sunny, about 66F, nice fall day here in Central Ohio today.  Hope all are continuing to "survive", etc. Based on news stories this week, it seems that we are getting somewhat of a "second wave" with a flare-up in Covid-19, etc., in parts of the world, including for the UK, USA, etc.  Not getting closer to airline travel, cruising, etc., returning to some starting form of "normal".  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

115345751_ScreenShot2020-10-14at3_02_53PM.png.fb0fbe21ab5c02492b4843e7ff21ceb4.png

200199829_ScreenShot2020-10-14at3_03_17PM.thumb.png.9f29fb62b5f52766a84afc7f937e9a4b.png

Hope this is not too personal...

When my older sister was born (long time ago), the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck, choking her brain of essential oxygen, and her brain was damaged - in the words of that time, she was born mentally retarded.  Of course my brothers and I all love her, and feel protective of her.  She is still with us.

A few minutes ago, I saw the insult "libtard" on a Facebook post and I just couldn't handle it anymore, the hatred, the downright meanness.  I know there are good people on both sides, but these haters are getting to me.

So I just stopped by the cooler for a break from all that.  Thank you all.

If it wasn't for my daughters' posts I'd be done with FB.  I certainly am for the night.  Wish I had a funny thing to post...

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Hope this is not too personal...

When my older sister was born (long time ago), the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck, choking her brain of essential oxygen, and her brain was damaged - in the words of that time, she was born mentally retarded.  Of course my brothers and I all love her, and feel protective of her.  She is still with us.

A few minutes ago, I saw the insult "libtard" on a Facebook post and I just couldn't handle it anymore, the hatred, the downright meanness.  I know there are good people on both sides, but these haters are getting to me.

So I just stopped by the cooler for a break from all that.  Thank you all.

If it wasn't for my daughters' posts I'd be done with FB.  I certainly am for the night.  Wish I had a funny thing to post...

So very sorry Que!  Unfortunately there are folks who really shouldn't be allowed to blast their ignorance around the world.  Please know that despite the seeming abundance of nasty there is a larger population of not nasty.  Their voices are much quieter.  And they are there!  🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1