Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

6 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

clothed -r to cc.jpeg

Does this "cute" above sign from zqtchas mean this "establishment" is closed until April 2030?   OR, just till April 30, 2021??  Inquiring minds are wondering and asking??!!  Will Covid last until the year 2030?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

934888910_ScreenShot2020-10-16at11_00_10AM.thumb.png.61724c99f1848ca0acc3ef9347317782.png

1923983864_ScreenShot2020-10-16at10_59_56AM.thumb.png.9d0e8b3f354a8f4f1d55c48456021723.png

6 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Does this "cute" above sign from zqtchas mean this "establishment" is closed until April 2030?   OR, just till April 30, 2021??  Inquiring minds are wondering and asking??!!  Will Covid last until the year 2030?

Take your pick.

On 10/12/2020 at 8:17 PM, Daveywavey70 said:

It’s tough times all round chuck and it’s good to hear how many things you have to be grateful for. I’m even grateful for the fact that cancelling my 50th birthday tomorrow means I get to enjoy being 49 for another year. 

10/13 birthdays were cancelled this year???  What great news - another year of 49 for me too!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's past time for a reboot of 2020. For a year that started so well...

January 1 2020 began with a bottle of Dom Pérignon rosé at midnight, then later that day we flew to Santiago via Atlanta, for a fantastic SS cruise to South Georgia. The weather was spectacular and the landings even better...

Ah memories. Remember when we could travel? My new passport is still unstamped. 

• Like 2

And for me, Jan 1st was the first day of retirement......what is that saying? It is the first day of the rest of your life......

What life?.........3 hospital visits...........😟 ahhhh.........the not so good memories.

10 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Not quite next weekend, but the weekend after, yes.  Sun., Nov 1 is the date.

Great reminder as to that specific date when, good or bad, we lose the hour of sleep.  Big "excitement" upcoming??!!

1451161783_ScreenShot2020-10-17at1_17_48PM.thumb.png.617147404a064d0501a601e88f07613c.png

I know it will be good to have a bit of daylight in the mornings, when I wake around 6, but then the early evenings!  I am already suffering from SAD, and there is a very looong time to go.

I am booked in for an X-ray next week, just a look at something previously operated on, and non-urgent, and am so keen not to go near a hospital I am postponing it, so as to keep well away from hospitals.   Unless it is really necessary it  seems like the best idea.

The new funnies relating to the present state of the world are really excellent and to the point, they help a lot.

Lola

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I know it will be good to have a bit of daylight in the mornings, when I wake around 6, but then the early evenings!  I am already suffering from SAD, and there is a very looong time to go.

I am booked in for an X-ray next week, just a look at something previously operated on, and non-urgent, and am so keen not to go near a hospital I am postponing it, so as to keep well away from hospitals.   Unless it is really necessary it  seems like the best idea.

The new funnies relating to the present state of the world are really excellent and to the point, they help a lot.

Lola

I felt the same way about going to hospitals, but they are so much less crowded these days, as are doctors’ offices, that at least here in the States it is not so bad.  Also parking is much easier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 57 varieties said:

The clocks ‘fall’ back I reckon ... on 25 October in the UK.

Yes 25th Oct at 2am they go back 1 hour to GMT( Greenwich mean time)..

Not that anything will be open here after 10pm😢...

On the subject of hospital visits I do agree that they are very quiet..I have been for my infusions ( I have myeloma)  and I'm straight in no waiting at all( not that I have a problem with my hospital the royal United in bath uk) we in the UK are very fortunate to have our fantastic NHS...  I love all the funny postings to many to mention but I do have a chuckle 😂. Sending love from the UK ...

• Like 2