Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

Cold front tonight...72 degrees F.

I will take it. 

I can actually smell wood burning from a neighbor...they have their fireplace going. Autumn!!

Its the little things.

You make me laugh!  Our high was around 45 with lots of wind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Has a President been so unhappy with the result that he simply walked out and didn't stay for the handover in January? 

We've never had one walk out prior to the handover, because they want to take every last minute to finish up their business, like pardoning political cronies, etc.   We have had several times where the First Family packed up and was gone prior to the Inauguration hoopla, no nice formal handover.  It's a "people thing", and it takes all kinds.

I wish that today would be a decisive awarding of the job, but alas, it will most likely not be.  Due to Covid-19, so many people across the country voted as mail-in.  Those votes have to be postmarked by today, so it could take some time to count them.  In most elections, mail-in is an insignificant number, this year isn't completely different.  All I hope is that when all the votes are counted, it is a sound and solid win for one particular candidate (even if it is not mine).  We can't deal with any more divisiveness in this country right now.

• Like 4

Thanks everyone for your response to my comment about a defeated incumbent US President walking out in a huff and not working on until January and the peaceful transition of power.  And then also attending the inauguration - a sort of ritual humiliation.

We in the UK have a totally different approach to this.  On the day after the general election the defeated Prime Minister leaves 10 Downing Street and 15 or 30 minutes minutes later the new PM arrives, after having seen The Queen down the road.  

• Like 3

Good morning folks..........we are finally here----(well, those of us in the states).....hopefully things will go 

smoothly at all the polls.  No violence please! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Mysty

Never saw ketchup chips before!

They are a thing here in Canada.  Here is an article about 7 food/drink options that are not available in the US (at the time the article was written/updated October 23, 2018).  Ketchup chips are on that list.

https://www.cbc.ca/life/food/7-canadian-snacks-you-can-t-get-in-the-u-s-and-the-backstory-on-why-1.4102299

10 minutes ago, caradara said:

Thank you everyone for the funnies.  They are always great but they are needed today more than ever.

You got that right........

• Like 1

Please keep your funnies coming( some I'm lost with... But I do try..) Terry Ohio yours I find a  different level of humour ( have I spelt that right???) .. don't misunderstand me your all very good & appreciate ..keep them coming 😁 ❤️🙏

• Like 2