Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

I'm yet again on YouTube watching daveywaveys cruise videos ( glass of wine in hand late lunch early dinner) also found photo taken of the wind when we had lunch at the shard 2018. We were not on the ship it just happened to be there ... Remember those days 🚢🍾 must get to see you Davey when it's all over!!!!

bde75342-b537-4aa0-8419-4f83655cc0f9.JPG

• Like 3

Yesterday we had an enjoyable day out in our home county of Norfolk, possibly our last jaunt for a month.  It was our first such trip in at least a fortnight because it has been raining since early October.  But yesterday it was sunny. We started off walking around the Sandringham Estate for the autumn colours, then to photograph the beach at a place called Heacham - pure English grot but great migrant bird life - and then back through Sandringham, Anmer and Houghton.  My photo is of the King's Road between Sandringham and Anmer - the former the traditional winter home of The Queen, the latter the country residence of William and Kate.

IMG_1239.jpg

• Like 5

Lovely pic., Fletcher.  We have a large beech tree which has almost shed its leaves, but several silver birches which have not, and when the sun shines on their vivid yellow  foliage they look gorgeous, and really lift one's spirits.  I look out at the largest from the  window over my kitchen sink, and it makes the chores less boring.

Good luck with a speedy resolution to your current problems, US friends!  

Lola

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, does it look like the format changed on here a bit?😲

Ugh... for me, I can no longer jump to the next “unread” topic after reading a topic. Could be an Apple iOS issue.  Regardless, it’s such a time waster to go back-n-forth to the main topic list.

6 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Yesterday we had an enjoyable day out in our home county of Norfolk, possibly our last jaunt for a month.  It was our first such trip in at least a fortnight because it has been raining since early October.  But yesterday it was sunny. We started off walking around the Sandringham Estate for the autumn colours, then to photograph the beach at a place called Heacham - pure English grot but great migrant bird life - and then back through Sandringham, Anmer and Houghton.  My photo is of the King's Road between Sandringham and Anmer - the former the traditional winter home of The Queen, the latter the country residence of William and Kate.

IMG_1239.jpg

did you see Robin Hood?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zqtchas said:

did you see Robin Hood?

<pedant on>

Robin Hood was Nottinghamshire (Sherwood forest actually) not Norfolk.

<pedant off>

Robin Hood 'took from the rich to give to the poor' - he probably needs to be in certain parts of London to make a go of this laudable plan.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, lincslady said:

Good luck with a speedy resolution to your current problems, US friends!  

Thank you to our UK friends for your concern. This is stressful no matter which side one is on.  I forget half what I was taught about history (at least), but have some basic understanding that we Americans benefit from centuries of political evolution in the UK towards government of the people and for the people.

Our leaders need to guide us to either peaceful maintenance of the status quo, or peaceful transfer of power.  So far, not so good...

I also add to the thanks above for the humorous posts 🙂.  Looking at my first surgery next week and you folks make me smile regardless.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, QueSeraSera said:

Thank you to our UK friends for your concern. This is stressful no matter which side one is on.  I forget half what I was taught about history (at least), but have some basic understanding that we Americans benefit from centuries of political evolution in the UK towards government of the people and for the people.

Our leaders need to guide us to either peaceful maintenance of the status quo, or peaceful transfer of power.  So far, not so good...

I also add to the thanks above for the humorous posts 🙂.  Looking at my first surgery next week and you folks make me smile regardless.

First one? Lucky for you up until now. Good luck on your "new" one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Best wishes for your surgery Que!  I hope everything goes smoothly and that you have an effortless recovery!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stumblefoot said:

What a sh!t show we're going through right now in the lab...

Robin Williams on Canada (from his AMA) : funny

From the folks in the really nice apartment over the lab we really hope that things are resolved quickly and without violence and hatred!  Peace out America!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, QueSeraSera said:

Good luck with your surgery .... it must be a stressful time for you.  

It’s lovely of you to respect the heritage, and it saddens me that I see more and more differences in our two cultures rather than elements we share, but I do so hope your country finds unity and peace. 

Jeff 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1