Check your fares - new price reductions

foodsvcmgr

When Explore 4 was recently reintroduced I was disappointed to see that if I wanted to add it to my KONINGSDAM booking for February my fare would have increased $350.00 per person.

Last night rechecked Caribbean fares for this Winter and there have been significant reductions across the board.

Today my PCC refared my booking, added Explore 4, and the fare went DOWN $188 per person! More than enough to cover the prepaid grats I gave up by changing promos.

I would suggest for others who may have initially passed on booking or refaring existing bookings with Explore 4 to recheck now and see if you have a similar positive outcome.

I also noted that all fares are shown with an unbundled base price as well as Explore 4.

Good luck to all!:D

Has anyone else been able to “sweeten their deal” this week?

I know many posters here, myself included, were not happy with the big increases in price when Explore 4 came out initially, but the recent drops have been significant.

I know many posters here, myself included, were not happy with the big increases in price when Explore 4 came out initially, but the recent drops have been significant.

Not on either of my cruises. But I really don't expect the first one to go down. The ship is selling too well since she is leaving :(

Not on the other one either - but neither is a Caribbean cruise and don't have a lot of competition.

Heck, so far, I don't even have a casiono discount on either one. They aren't available on every cruise but I'm holding out a bit of hope ;)

I'm after final payment on a September sailing and noticed a price drop. Contacted my PCC and he was able to upgrade me from a verandah to a specific SY stateroom I requested so it was more $$$ than a guarantee SZ. Lost my pre-paid gratuities but for a discounted additional cost I came out on top. He says to keep watching because there are currently 10 Neptune Suites still available so it looks good for another upgrade. He commented that it is unusual to have that many Neptunes available so close to the sailing.

My December sailing has gone up by $500/pp and I would lose pre-paid gratuities.

My May sailing has also increased by $400/pp and no pre-paid gratuities.

None of my sailings fall under the Explore 4 promo.

Unfortunately, neither of ours qualify for the Explore 4 promo, and the TA has gone up dramatically since we booked. We're happy with what we have; quite frankly, I can't drink enough to take full advantage of the Explore 4 promo anyway.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Not yet. But I think our deal was a "GET THEM BACK ON HAL!!" deal as we had not cruised in a few years (due to family stuff). I don't anticipate the rate on our cabin will drop until after final payment. So I am content. :cool:

We lowered our price on a December cruise, even after giving up the $500 OBC, and moved from a VD to SZ guarantee. We could have kept the same price and moved from VD to SZ, same price, with Explore 4, but we decided we'd rather save the $$ and have it to spend on what we want.

IF we book in advance we always check on our fares. Mostly we book inside the final payment window. Clincher for us was when we canceled a cruise a day prior to final payment, then rebooked inside the final payment window a few weeks or so later at a very substantial saving.

Only one of us drinks and not very much at that. We seldom ever have a soft drink. We are not interested in bundling. We only care about the net fare.

If something is thrown in as an incentive, other than prepaid gratuities, we calculate the value to us (not the cruise line price) in our fare comparison decision.

There is no such thing as a fee lunch.