Thanks to Royal Caribbean, I'm considering a Life of Crime

They have an outlet store 3 miles from my house. I haven't been yet, but might need to take the truck to carry my purchases home!

OMG! That is it! Now I just have to explain the cost to my DH! He does realize I have a passion for salt, but this might be just a little over the top!

Thank you! Thank you!

How is that blood pressure working! 😂😜

How is that blood pressure working! 😂😜

Can't go by that. I always tell hubby that if it weren't for my salt addiction, I wouldn't have ANY blood pressure. LOL

OP- LOVE the thread. I completely understand how you feel. Loved that salt presentation and options.

Erika

Our camping vacation was abruptly cancelled last month, so we thought perhaps it would be a good time to book a trip on one of RCCL's BIG SHIPS. Doing some pretty impressive scrambling, I was able to find a cabin we could afford on the Oasis OTS and airfare from Seattle to Orlando two weeks before the cruise. Then I did a whole lot of frantic research of the ship and what to do onboard.

We had a nice cruise, and I may just write a review....

...Except for one thing.....

I got the three dinner package for the Specialty restaurants and we went to Giovanni's, Chops and 150 Park Central. All were great.

But at 150 Park Central, they start the meal with bread, no salt butter and six gourmet salts. I am a Salt Fiend and I actually already own at least 5 of the 6 salts. I may even have the 6th one in a sampler pack, I haven't looked yet.

But I fell in love with the very cute, flower shaped salt cellar. I want one, desperately! I want one more than I have ever wanted anything in my life!

I've done extensive searches on the internet, I've looked at the website on the salt list from the ship, I've searched restaurant supply houses, and no luck. I can find 2 chamber salt cellars or 6 little dishes, but no flower shaped salt cellars.

The only thing I can think to do at this point, is book another RCCL cruise, have dinner at 150 Park Central on the last night and STEAL a salt cellar! Then slip it by the Custom Agents and begin my life running from the RCCL police!

So if anyone has an idea of where I can find one of these to purchase, I would appreciate the chance to reform prior to turning to a Life of Crime!

:D

What's a few years in the Pokey for a quality Salt Dish...Go for it...lol.

Tried 150 CP for the first time on our last Oasis cruise. The only downside to the salt selection was that DW had three more infused/smoked salts for me to make when we got home. Thankfully, she left the Sulphur-laced Indian salt off of the list.:)

But did you even ask your waiter or the Park 150 Mngr? My favorite cliche is "You have not because you ask not";p

Now you need to book another cruise so you can inquire about the salt cellar.

Maybe someone booked on Oasis class this next week can help you out by asking about it there. Seriously, you might have gotten one free if you had just asked. I once asked for an RCCL blue plastic ice bucket at one of our Meet and Mingle parties, the kind you chill champagne in...they gave it to me!

wp8wo.jpg

But did you even ask your waiter or the Park 150 Mngr? My favorite cliche is "You have not because you ask not";p

Maybe someone booked on Oasis class this next week can help you out by asking about it there. Seriously, you might have gotten one free if you had just asked. I once asked for an RCCL blue plastic ice bucket at one of our Meet and Mingle parties, the kind you chill champagne in...they gave it to me!

wp8wo.jpg

We actually did ask the waiter about the salts and salt cellar. He let us take the listing home with us, that had a website he assured us had the Salt Cellar on it for sale.

It didn't!

It had the salts, plus others for sale, but no cellar.

I kinda doubt they would have given me the dish, they are pretty pricey.

My next step was going to be contacting the restaurant in New York run by the chef...."Hello? I'm a crazy woman from a cruise who is looking for a salt cellar....."

Tried 150 CP for the first time on our last Oasis cruise. The only downside to the salt selection was that DW had three more infused/smoked salts for me to make when we got home. Thankfully, she left the Sulphur-laced Indian salt off of the list.:)

Hmmmm.....I've never tried making my own infused salts....I see a new hobby in my future! :D

What's a few years in the Pokey for a quality Salt Dish...Go for it...lol.

I wonder if they would let me take gourmet salts to jail with me? I suspect the food is not quite as good as cruise food...

Hmmmm.....I've never tried making my own infused salts....I see a new hobby in my future! :D

Here's an easy starter to try: Get a sprig of Rosemary and "bruise" it (think of how you'd pound out a chicken breast, then back off on the pounding by about 90% - you just want to break down the leaves enough to release their oils, but you want them to all still be on the stem when you're done). Put the Rosemary in a small mason or jelly jar (4 oz is a good size), then fill the jar about 3/4 full of fine sea salt. Let that sit on a shelf in your pantry for a week or so (shake it up once a day), and then pull out the rosemary sprig. You should have a really nice Rosemary infused salt. Enjoy:)

Here's an easy starter to try: Get a sprig of Rosemary and "bruise" it (think of how you'd pound out a chicken breast, then back off on the pounding by about 90% - you just want to break down the leaves enough to release their oils, but you want them to all still be on the stem when you're done). Put the Rosemary in a small mason or jelly jar (4 oz is a good size), then fill the jar about 3/4 full of fine sea salt. Let that sit on a shelf in your pantry for a week or so (shake it up once a day), and then pull out the rosemary sprig. You should have a really nice Rosemary infused salt. Enjoy:)

That sounds fairly easy! A little like making vanilla sugar. Thanks!

OMG! That is it! Now I just have to explain the cost to my DH! He does realize I have a passion for salt, but this might be just a little over the top!

Thank you! Thank you!

Jingle Bells. Jingle Bells. Looks like a job for Santa.

wp8wo.jpg

i have one of those also! Then I brought sand back from CocoCay. This now sits in my front entrance in SW Florida with the sand from Coco Cay and a sign that says "Welcome to my beach house"

• 2 weeks later...

Life of crime averted! I got my new salt box

e12741a1cb60d8670ee56d9b99b00b04.jpg

And I found a travel one too!

9f483bc1d5848006c92a3fefd60b8b33.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Edited by denisey
because, because, because, because, because.....

Life of crime averted! I got my new salt box

e12741a1cb60d8670ee56d9b99b00b04.jpg

And I found a travel one too!

9f483bc1d5848006c92a3fefd60b8b33.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Where did you find the travel one? I'd love to take some of my smoked salts with us when we cruise.