Navigator Dry Dock next year

karena1

Any idea what all they will change? We are getting Navigator for our short cruises next fall. Just wondering what things will be on Navigator that are now on Mariner? Doghouse (hubby loves that place) and anything else they are changing. Have not seen much info on what they are going to do to Navigator when it goes to drydock

I don’t know if this helps or means anything, but when I log into my cruise planner (for my upcoming Navigator cruise), I am able to make a reservation at Jamie Oliver’s Italian restaurant. I don’t believe this restaurant is currently on the ship - as I can’t find it on any deck plans...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don’t know if this helps or means anything, but when I log into my cruise planner (for my upcoming Navigator cruise), I am able to make a reservation at Jamie Oliver’s Italian restaurant. I don’t believe this restaurant is currently on the ship - as I can’t find it on any deck plans...

You are correct, Navigator currently has Giovanni's Table for the Itlaian restaurant.

Hello,

And before anyone asks which out of Jamie's or Giovanni's is best, the proper question should be 'which is least worst?'.

Nothing compares to Portofino's.

Regards,

Cublet (who is half Italian)

Same here. My group has already booked the BOGO, and I'm excigted to try Jamie's. All of our other saillings have only had Giovanni's.

Just read the news about Jamie's reservations to Mr CruiseDuck. He pointed out that while Navigator gaining a Jamie's Italian is one possible explanation for this, the other possibility is an IT glitch. This is the RCI website we're talking about, after all!

Just look at Mariner, same ship, similar changes.

I don't think so, they spent millions upgrading Mariner. There has been nothing said about spending that to upgrade Navigator.

Honestly don't care about specialty restaurants and such. Hubby LOVES the Dog House so hoping they put that on Navigator like they have on Mariner.

We could care less about water slides, toys, etc. We do like to play mini golf so hopefully that will be nice. But all the other toys we don't care about.

Just wondering what if any kind of refreshments Navigator will get before she comes to Miami next year.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think so, they spent millions upgrading Mariner. There has been nothing said about spending that to upgrade Navigator.

Honestly don't care about specialty restaurants and such. Hubby LOVES the Dog House so hoping they put that on Navigator like they have on Mariner.

We could care less about water slides, toys, etc. We do like to play mini golf so hopefully that will be nice. But all the other toys we don't care about.

Just wondering what if any kind of refreshments Navigator will get before she comes to Miami next year.

Navigator already has the additional cabins on deck 12 and the flowrider so the addition changes in line with Mariner are not that expensive.

Actually, Navigator's upgrades should be similar to Mariner. They are calling it the Royal Amplified program.

• Voyager Class – In summer 2018, the transformation of Royal Caribbean’s short Caribbean cruises will begin with the $90 million amp-up of Mariner of the Seas. Mariner will redefine the quick getaway by giving guests the chance to take their weekends to new heights with the addition of new thrills, such as Sky Pad and laser tag; The Bamboo Room, a retro lounge with its tiki-chic décor; and the fun and vibrant Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade. The program will continue in 2019 on sister ship Navigator of the Seas, which also will be redesigned to specifically cater to those who seek a quick getaway.

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1349/royal-caribbean-to-invest-900-million-in-modernizing-award-winning-ships/

Also, the upgrades will take place in between her time in Miami. She comes over in the fall, drydock in January/February 2019 and then stays in Miami to continue her 5/9 itineraries until Mariner moves to PC and she takes over the 3/4 Bahamas from Miami.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm glad to hear this! I was booked on Mariner but had to change it to Navigator - I defintely hope there will be a Bamboo Room in the refurb as well!

I hope so too...finally a decent new bar concept...well that and Playmakers.

While they have them listed in some of their refurb ads, I wonder how much they are monitoring what went well and what didn't for Mariner and will modify for the rest of the Voyager class ships going forward.

But then again, Navigator is taking over Mariner's 3/4 out of Miami, so I can't see them putting a ship with lesser attractions.