Brining food off the boat

Irishgrl73

I believe you are not allowed to bring fruit off the boat but, can anything else be brought off the boat what about water bottle with Juice in it?

I would imagine as it’s juice probably not. I’ve always stuck to prepackaged food, drinks or water only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juice in a resealable bottle should be no problem... The main thing they frown upon is fruits, vegetables, and meats. Some ports, particularly in Mexico will have dogs sniffing bags at the port, and will make you dispose of any contraband items...

It's port dependent. Some ports don't care what you bring off and others don't even allow water off the ship. On our last Australia cruise (Celebrity) NOTHING was allowed off at ports, not even water. Which was really silly since we left from Sydney, and all our port calls were in Australia and we ended in Sydney. We never left the country and yet could not take anything off.

Juice in a resealable bottle should be no problem... The main thing they frown upon is fruits, vegetables, and meats. Some ports, particularly in Mexico will have dogs sniffing bags at the port, and will make you dispose of any contraband items...

You can't buy Bottle Juice on board correct?

It's port dependent. Some ports don't care what you bring off and others don't even allow water off the ship. On our last Australia cruise (Celebrity) NOTHING was allowed off at ports, not even water. Which was really silly since we left from Sydney, and all our port calls were in Australia and we ended in Sydney. We never left the country and yet could not take anything off.

We are going to Bermuda any idea how strict they are. I don't remember.

The food on the ship isn’t from Australia, they have to much experience with invasive species to risk their agriculture.

I remember when apples & oranges couldn’t be brought from Canada to US & cars were inspected when we drove across the border

The food on the ship isn’t from Australia, they have to much experience with invasive species to risk their agriculture.

I remember when apples & oranges couldn’t be brought from Canada to US & cars were inspected when we drove across the border

Pretty sure the food was from Australia, we were on the last Australia sailing after it had spent the entire summer cruising down there. After us the ship left to head to Alaska. I totally understand the food thing, but this was the first cruise for us where bottled water was not allowed off.

I believe you are not allowed to bring fruit off the boat but, can anything else be brought off the boat what about water bottle with Juice in it?

Here the exact language from the ship [people get touchy that you call her a “ship” and not “boat”] last year. That being said, when we have seen the local authorities do bag checks, they confiscate all food (boxes of cereal, cartons of milk, fruit, half eaten hot dog). Then people are stupid enough to stand there and argue, holding up the line, until they get the officials angry,,,, then who knows where that will go.

719874e8c896a1e61bea3f2f40c054f5.png

Then, when returning to the ship, there are the bottles and bags of sand that are confiscated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCL does not have boats! ;p

I retired from a Unified Combatant Command two years ago. I frequently heard Navy officers, some of them Annapolis graduates, referring to carriers, subs, destroyers and other vessels as "boats."

In Bermuda I took water off in my thermal bottle without issue. I just made sure the bottle was empty on my return. Although I only had water, it could easily have been any type of drink.

I also had a sealed protein bar in my bag, which to my knowledge is perfectly fine to do in Bermuda.

In Bermuda I took water off in my thermal bottle without issue. I just made sure the bottle was empty on my return. Although I only had water, it could easily have been any type of drink.

I also had a sealed protein bar in my bag, which to my knowledge is perfectly fine to do in Bermuda.

Thank you for your help!

I retired from a Unified Combatant Command two years ago. I frequently heard Navy officers, some of them Annapolis graduates, referring to carriers, subs, destroyers and other vessels as "boats."

A friend of mine was in the Navy for 13 years, working on subs. He said they called subs boats, not ships. I thought it was just a sub thing, though. I'll have to ask him what they called other types of vessels.

Edited by CruisinCrow

You might be able to take food off, but doubt they would allow you to bring the salt to brine it in.
Funny .:D

It wouldn't let me edit after I hit submit. Sorry if it bothered you.

Humor . It's humorous . I don't think they were bothered .

We always bring off packaged snacks and crackers. They sale bottled water on the ship as you debarked. We bring liquid in our to go cups. Juice, lemonade, water. Always empty what we don’t drink but honestly 9 times out of 10 they don’t check the bottle.