Carnival cruiser considering taking a Royal cruise.

schazzy

Hey folks,

We have only cruised on Carnival and have been happy with it so far, our next one is already booked for next year. So this isn't one of those "jumping the fence for the greener grass" posts. In fact, I've actually been hesitant to try a new line as I'm the "Stick with what you know" or "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" type. But while trying to research and plan our 2020 cruise, I'm just not finding an Itinerary that thrills me so far on Carnival. So, I started to look at other lines and well I may have just found the perfect itinerary: 8 Night Southern Caribbean from Ft Lauderdale that goes to all 3 of the ABC islands on the Adventure of the Seas.

I really want to do this itinerary, I like that it's on a ship that doesn't seem to be too big or too small, and right now the price is really good. So, I'm pretty close to being sold on it, but before committing fully, I'd like some opinions or anything I should know about this ship or itinerary. TIA! :)

That's a good itenerary, and probably cheaper than the 7 day southerns out of Puerto Rico based on what you'll save on airfare.

I'd do it. You might like Royal better, or not as well, as Carnival, but the mass market lines are going to be fairly close in overall experience, so if you like cruising on Carnival, it's very doubtful you'd dislike cruising on Royal.

At the end of the day you'll be bobbing around in the Caribbean for a week without any responsibilities, so it's gonna be good no matter who's name is on the ship. ;)

As you can see from my past cruises, we are experienced Carnival cruisers....and have many Royal cruises too. I would absolutely book the cruise you are considering. While I have found some differences (pros/cons) between the lines, there is nothing that would stop me from cruising either, especially that itinerary. If you have specific questions, just let me know.

I cruise both Carnival and RCCL. The two lines are very very similar, although I do like the layout of the RCCL ships better than Carnival's.

Adventure is a slightly older ship; because it's not a part of Oasis or Quantum class, you don't have to reserve everything in advance. That means the experience will be more like Carnival's.

It's a great itinerary and a good ship.

Hey folks,

We have only cruised on Carnival and have been happy with it so far, our next one is already booked for next year. So this isn't one of those "jumping the fence for the greener grass" posts. In fact, I've actually been hesitant to try a new line as I'm the "Stick with what you know" or "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" type. But while trying to research and plan our 2020 cruise, I'm just not finding an Itinerary that thrills me so far on Carnival. So, I started to look at other lines and well I may have just found the perfect itinerary: 8 Night Southern Caribbean from Ft Lauderdale that goes to all 3 of the ABC islands on the Adventure of the Seas.

I really want to do this itinerary, I like that it's on a ship that doesn't seem to be too big or too small, and right now the price is really good. So, I'm pretty close to being sold on it, but before committing fully, I'd like some opinions or anything I should know about this ship or itinerary. TIA! :)

So go, and as I always say, 'NO matter what, you're ON a cruise !!'. My wife and I have done twelve, yes TWELVE Carnival cruises and LOVED each and every one plus we've cruised some of their ships twice ( Holiday,Valor,Dream). 2 RCCL ships (Navigator OTS <TWICE> and once on the BIG beautiful Oasis OTS. We love BOTH cruise lines,but for different reasons. After Oasis,while she LOVED the beauty of Oasis, I believed the HUGH amount of passengers (5400) kinda turned her off of Mega cruise liners. But she still loves RCCL she adored Navigator. So, give RCCL a whirl and either way, the most important thing is to have FUN !!

Mac

So go, and as I always say, 'NO matter what, you're ON a cruise !!'. My wife and I have done twelve, yes TWELVE Carnival cruises and LOVED each and every one plus we've cruised some of their ships twice ( Holiday,Valor,Dream). 2 RCCL ships (Navigator OTS <TWICE> and once on the BIG beautiful Oasis OTS. We love BOTH cruise lines,but for different reasons. After Oasis,while she LOVED the beauty of Oasis, I believed the HUGH amount of passengers (5400) kinda turned her off of Mega cruise liners. But she still loves RCCL she adored Navigator. So, give RCCL a whirl and either way, the most important thing is to have FUN !!

Mac

This is so true! No matter what, you're on a cruise....relax...turn off the world back home...have fun!!!!

One thing I can say, none of the Royal Caribbean ships have caught on fire, run aground or sunk...so there's that. ;)

Grandeur caught on fire and Monarch ran aground. What Carnival ship has sunk?

maxresdefault.jpg

That's a good itenerary, and probably cheaper than the 7 day southerns out of Puerto Rico based on what you'll save on airfare.

Yeah, it's actually the same price as our 8 night Eastern Caribbean next year on the Sunshine out of Port Canaveral.

I'd do it. You might like Royal better, or not as well, as Carnival, but the mass market lines are going to be fairly close in overall experience, so if you like cruising on Carnival, it's very doubtful you'd dislike cruising on Royal.

True, a lot of people say the mass-market lines are more alike than different these days.

At the end of the day you'll be bobbing around in the Caribbean for a week without any responsibilities, so it's gonna be good no matter who's name is on the ship. ;)

Thanks! :)

I cruise both Carnival and RCCL. The two lines are very very similar, although I do like the layout of the RCCL ships better than Carnival's.

Adventure is a slightly older ship; because it's not a part of Oasis or Quantum class, you don't have to reserve everything in advance. That means the experience will be more like Carnival's.

It's a great itinerary and a good ship.

That's good to know, thanks! :)

Mac

Yeah, we have another couple we're friends with and they honeymooned on the Oasis last year. They said it way too big and too many people, but it was a beautiful ship and they liked everything else about it. I personally am not interested in the Mega ships no matter what the line, so I think the Adventure will be a good ship to give a whirl. :D

We have done carnival, Norwegian and royal. We found them to be similar. However, in the end, we prefer royal. For some reason, we just love the vibe and ships. Now that we also are trying to get a higher status on ships, we are sticking to royal. I think you should give Royal a try :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We too always sailed Carnival, but 2 years ago we did our first Royal cruise on the Adventure of the Seas out of Puerto Rico and absolutely loved it. We really enjoyed the Adventure of the Seas and I am sure you will too.

One thing I can say, none of the Royal Caribbean ships have caught on fire, run aground or sunk...so there's that. ;)

FYI. Both the Freedom of the Seas (2015) and the Grandeur of the Seas (2013) have caught fire.

My adult kids prefer Carnival for the slides, fun atmosphere and nightly comedy. My husband and I like Royal better but enjoy both. We have been on Adventure of the Seas twice and loved it both times. I especially love the ports you mentioned.

Our family did one Carnival cruise on the Valor and then went on RCCL for the first time the following year, and every year since (7 years so far and 2 more RCCL cruises booked). I would be happy to go back and try Carnival again, but our kids want to keep going back to RCCL.

I think your thoughts of Carnival not offering an itinerary you want, but finding that awesome ABC nine day cruise out of Florida, is a good enough reason to give RCCL a try.

The lines are very similar in many ways, but we prefer the layout of the RCCL ships much better, we find RCCL's entertainment to be a bit better (but we only have the one Carnival cruise to compare to), everyone in our family loves the activities on RCCL ships like the rock climbing, mini golf, skating rink, and flowrider. The Adventure added waterslides in the last couple of years as well.

I think you will enjoy the Adventure of the Seas. We have not cruised on her yet (but are booked on her for March 2020). We were booked on the Adventure for next week, but had to cancel due to a change in our plans. We were on the sister ship, the Navigator, this past March and really enjoyed that ship. I have had that nine day ABC island cruise booked twice and have had to cancel both times because other issues came up. One day we will take that cruise. It looks awesome. Hope you book it and enjoy it.