Confused? Where are we permitted to go for cocktail hour?

We are booked on the Spectrum in December 2019!... So glad to read your post! :)

I called RCCL a few months ago asking if there was a Diamond Lounge and was told NO. We were bummed by this news. Hopefully what you are stating is true. Would be nice to get access to other lounges offered on the ship due to our status.

When I was on Quantum, everyone shared the same lounge (suites and Diamonds and above). If they have a separate lounge, think of this. You might be the only one in it. Looking forward to Spectrum, and nice to hear someone else is going to China! Everything on Spectrum is still a work in progress, so by the time you get on it, it will work out. Remember to read the review after May 2019 to get a feel.

We are D+ and get the package. So much easier. We still go to the lounge once in a while, but hubby loves Espresso Martinis at night so we typically go to Schooners. Love that bar, by far our favorite. Plus once in a while I like a Patron Margarita which I cannot get with the vouchers. So we still do the lounge, but have found for us b/t Mimosas in the morning, specialty coffees, soda, water, drinks etc we more than get our monies worth with the package. Like being able to go anywhere! if the lounge is packed, we can go anywhere else and enjoy our pre-dinner drinks.

Because the free drinks loaded on our sea pass cards are not good everywhere. Can't use them in the bionic bar and most ships no longer allow their use in the Champagne bar. Slowly but surely they are being honored in the MDR on most ships during the 3 hour window. No limit to appetizers and cocktails in the Diamond lounge or overflow venues. It is all about the word, free.

Three and a half hours. 😇

When I was on Quantum, everyone shared the same lounge (suites and Diamonds and above). If they have a separate lounge, think of this. You might be the only one in it. Looking forward to Spectrum, and nice to hear someone else is going to China! Everything on Spectrum is still a work in progress, so by the time you get on it, it will work out. Remember to read the review after May 2019 to get a feel.

I look forward to reading the reviews. We travel to China several times a year and love it. I'm particularly fond of Shanghai, Hong Kong and Macau. Thank you for your advise, it is much appreciated. :D

In addition to the D Lounge service, the 3 drinks loaded to the Sea Pass can be used in Specialty Restaurants, MDR, bars and any entertainment venue.

Is this NEW?

We are on the Allure after a 3 year absence on RCCL---but I was D+ when the change over happened and I have NEVER been allowed to get a free drink in MDR or entertainment venues !

FRANK

Is this NEW?

We are on the Allure after a 3 year absence on RCCL---but I was D+ when the change over happened and I have NEVER been allowed to get a free drink in MDR or entertainment venues !

FRANK

There have been reports of voucher drinks being allowed in the MDR, but it does not seem to be a fleetwide change at this point.

Is this NEW?

FRANK

Entertainment venues were never excluded. Sometimes you will find a server who does not understand, but you can use your vouchers there. (as long as you are within the 3 1/2 hours of the time limits)

Entertainment venues were never excluded. Sometimes you will find a server who does not understand, but you can use your vouchers there. (as long as you are within the 3 1/2 hours of the time limits)

I think they might pretend not to understand.

We ordered bottled waters at a show and the server looked pretty saddened. I told him, 'don't worry we tip on waters'. He brought them back to us and I tipped him. Then he turned back to the bar and waved the money in the air at the bartender. I'm guessing most people don't tip when using the vouchers.

I think they might pretend not to understand.

We ordered bottled waters at a show and the server looked pretty saddened. I told him, 'don't worry we tip on waters'. He brought them back to us and I tipped him. Then he turned back to the bar and waved the money in the air at the bartender. I'm guessing most people don't tip when using the vouchers.

Waving his tip in the air? That's pretty tacky, and it would be the last tip he would get. I would think the norm would be a polite "thank you" and immediately put whatever gratuity directly into his pocket.

We once has a bartender at an outside bar, and when you would "palm" him a tip, he would automatically look at it as it was going into his pocket. I'm just wondering what his thoughts were -- if it's only a $1 and not a $5, you are a cheapskate? :rolleyes:

Waving his tip in the air? That's pretty tacky, and it would be the last tip he would get. I would think the norm would be a polite "thank you" and immediately put whatever gratuity directly into his pocket. :rolleyes:

I thought it was funny. He was happy.

So do we get free cocktails with our sea pass ?

Yes, if you are Diamond level or higher in C&A. Three basic (no frozen/blender/upper shelf) cocktails per evening, during the same 3.5 hour period that the Diamond Lounge has it's free cocktails.

What's wrong with the DL on Oasis?

The one on Oasis was fine, we went there a couple of nights. We thought the one on Allure was pretty dirty - lots of stains on chairs, cuts in the tables, etc. Only went there a couple nights. Since we always get the pkg, we spend most of our pre dinner nights at Schooners. By far the best lounge on any ship.

The one on Oasis was fine, we went there a couple of nights. We thought the one on Allure was pretty dirty - lots of stains on chairs, cuts in the tables, etc. Only went there a couple nights. Since we always get the pkg, we spend most of our pre dinner nights at Schooners. By far the best lounge on any ship.

I would agree about Schooner on every ship, except Oasis class. Don't like the location, don't like hearing all the Royal Promenade announcements, selling, etc., don't like the noise from the fountain under the Rising Tide bar.

Perhaps when i win the lottery, eh ?!! ;)

What's wrong with the DL on Oasis?

Nothing, except very crowded. :o;)

I thought the original question was Concierge/Suites Lounge? :confused:

Originally posted by Host Clarea Book a Grand Suite or better, and you will have access to the Suite/Concierge lounge.

Edited by island lady