Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Question of the week. What is the average laundry turn around time when ship is close to capacity? Thanks.

Have it ready in the morning to send out & you would normally get it back the next day

• Like 1

I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this but are the complimentary spirits in Suite for the entire cruise or in like the World cruise  replaced every segment?

Also if you don’t like a particular spirit like rum will the Butler exchange to something of your preference?

Thanks.

You can certainly exchange a spirit you don’t like for one you do.

Not certain about the answer regarding new bottles for each segment  if you’re doing B2B or the world cruise, but I would think they would. Maybe someone else can tell you for certain.

Edited by Grandma Cruising

15 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

You can certainly exchange a spirit you don’t like for one you do.

Not certain about the answer regarding new bottles for each segment  if you’re doing B2B or the world cruise, but I would think they would. Maybe someone else can tell you for certain.

Thanks. You provide an excellent service to the Azamara boards. Very appreciated.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this but are the complimentary spirits in Suite for the entire cruise or in like the World cruise  replaced every segment?

Also if you don’t like a particular spirit like rum will the Butler exchange to something of your preference?

Thanks.

Recently did a b2b in Veranda Plus. Received complimentary spirits for each cruise and exchanged them for some excellent wine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Thanks.

We had our complimentary spirits replaced on our back to back.  We exchanged them for wine. I expect that we'll get them replenished with each segment of the World Cruise, but I guess time will tell.

• Like 1

I was on 5 segments (B2B) recently.     I automatically  received new spirits each segment -- it was a lot of spirits for someone who doesn't drink in their room-- but people who did not receive them were very happy to accept them. .  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, odysee said:

Do not understand what the benefit “complementary nights” is exactly.

Can t find descriotion  and appreciate explanation.

thanks for helping me out.

Bottom line:  when you move up a level in the loyalty plan, if more than 1/2 of your overall nights were with Azamara (not Celebrity or Power-Up points), then you get a certain number of 'free nights' on a future Azamara sailing. 

But the fine print can dramatically reduce the value:  (1) the cabin awarded will be based on your average type of cabin, and (2) you must pay for any additional nights at full 'rack rate.'  If you only earn 3 free nights, it's hard to make this pay.  On the occasion when you earn 6 nights, it can work for a 7 night cruise. 

And remember: this is a holdover program from the days when Azamara and Celebrity loyalty programs were joint – what will happen under the new independent Azamara is anybody's guess.

On 2/8/2022 at 2:54 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

Just added the information above about laundry return to the spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit
 Do remember that much of the information was written pre COVID and was in relation to full ships. 

I thought the restaurants were included. We’re booking the Pursuit and I can’t see where it says you pay extra

2 minutes ago, luvsmickey said:

I thought the restaurants were included. We’re booking the Pursuit and I can’t see where it says you pay extra

Specialty Restaurants Prime C and Aqualina are complimentary for suite guests.

Others pay a $30 per person cover charge.

https://www.azamara.com/en-au/life-onboard/dining

• Thanks 1

You don't have to purchase beverage packages. We have done 9 cruises and never thought it was necessary. Whether to buy one or not depends on your tastes. We are happy with the non-alcoholic drinks, the red wines, the beer, and the alcoholic drinks that are come with the cost of the cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, blag said:

I assume you are referring to the 'upgrade' beverage package. If so, for obvious reasons (i.e. to prevent one person 'buying' for another), both occupants of a stateroom must purchase the premium drinks package.

But, I might add, I have never found the upgraded package necessary. 

Actually, both people do NOT have to purchase the upgraded package.

• Like 5

I was following a thread about meet and mingle - our Roll call is on the quiet side of things 😉 So following grandmas instructions if found this 

Online Registration has been PAUSED for the following:

You can continue to plan and chat on your roll call threads

Azamara Cruises

Sorry I dont' know where the thread went and now can't find it so I posted here

When going on cruises, I always bring several action cams with me to video arrival / departures from interesting ports or canal transits. I've just booked a June sailing which includes the Kiel Canal and Stockholm, which is particularly spectacular.

Obviously this needs a good vantage point on bow and stern to attach the small cameras to. (I have a good assortment of easy to attach brackets - but the location needs to be friendly to get them on!)

Looking at photos, I'm not entirely sure if there is any open decks that will work. No point in filming through glass. It the glass panel points (on bow and stern) are not to high (or thick) they would be ideal.

This is for Pursuit, but expect applies to all.

Anyone know what's possible 

For anyone wondering the purpose, here is a few examples from last month and pre COVID.

• Like 1