MAJESTIC PRINCESS - 24th August - Shanghai to Sydney

Andy just went up to get some fresh limes from the bar so I can enjoy the last drop of my Vodka on the balcony, he heard* a thump, and another person has fallen down the marble staircase, the wife was crying.........Andy saw the male head first down the stairs, head at the bottom, legs on the last two stairs, so head first. He just got back to the cabin and they called medical to the Piazza.

This is probably the 5th or 6th fall we have seen or heard about this voyage.

We watched an elderly lady walking down the other night, she appeared intoxicated, tripped a couple of times, and wobbly walked down, scary stuff.

So please please please if you are elderly, have elderly family, are unsteady of feet, drunk, or just plain hate stairs, take the lift and save a cracked skull.......Andy just said that marble is unforgiving and the curve and varying width of the tread is deceiving.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the HeadsUp... I will be making sure my Mum (87) uses the lift in the Piazza.

(y)(y)(y):ship:

I was reading our thread for the December 18 cruise out of Auckland yesterday and noticed mention of your thread so I have had to read them all yesterday and today so bit of an exercise but well done you guys. So full of info re the ship I almost feel that I have been on it. So a huge thanks I'm sure from all that have been following your travels and enjoy your return to the real world.

I am so glad that you saw the mention of this thread from our roll call for the 18th of December....Cheznandy have certainly excited me for our Xmas cruise :)

I couldnt answer this as we did not see any, but was just talking with someone in the Elite lounge who said they were disappointed as there were only three on this 22 night cruise.

They were also disappointed that online the Dim Sum and Lobster bar were free, to find out onboard there was no Dim sum and there was a charge for the Lobster.

Was speaking to someone earlier who said that there would be a charge for the cabanas as of next cruise........not sure if the Conservatory would be charged like the Sanctuary on other ships, or there will be just a charge for the 4 cabanas with TV's.

Interested to see what happens in the future......and what happens at 5am when we are up there for sail in 6 hrs, better get some sleep.

Andy just went up to get some fresh limes from the bar so I can enjoy the last drop of my Vodka on the balcony, he heard* a thump, and another person has fallen down the marble staircase, the wife was crying.........Andy saw the male head first down the stairs, head at the bottom, legs on the last two stairs, so head first. He just got back to the cabin and they called medical to the Piazza.

This is probably the 5th or 6th fall we have seen or heard about this voyage.

We watched an elderly lady walking down the other night, she appeared intoxicated, tripped a couple of times, and wobbly walked down, scary stuff.

So please please please if you are elderly, have elderly family, are unsteady of feet, drunk, or just plain hate stairs, take the lift and save a cracked skull.......Andy just said that marble is unforgiving and the curve and varying width of the tread is deceiving.

Thanks for the tip on the stairs. I’ll make sure my 88 yr old mum and dad (turning 92) on the cruise use the lift.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was speaking to someone earlier who said that there would be a charge for the cabanas as of next cruise........not sure if the Conservatory would be charged like the Sanctuary on other ships, or there will be just a charge for the 4 cabanas with TV's.

Interested to see what happens in the future......and what happens at 5am when we are up there for sail in 6 hrs, better get some sleep.

Hope you got to enjoy a Cabana and the sail in to beautiful Sydney Harbour.

We are home!!

Most were up early, we got up to the only forward viewing area at 4.30am and it was standing room only, and yes, the cabanas were taken!

It is all glass, so viewing out at night time, with the lights on inside, all you could see was your reflection, so as we started through the runway of lights we came back to our cabin and had the best view in the opera house side.

Flares didnt light up till we were halfway through, then fizzled out.

We are home!!

Most were up early, we got up to the only forward viewing area at 4.30am and it was standing room only, and yes, the cabanas were taken!

It is all glass, so viewing out at night time, with the lights on inside, all you could see was your reflection, so as we started through the runway of lights we came back to our cabin and had the best view in the opera house side.

Flares didnt light up till we were halfway through, then fizzled out.

Thank you for all of your reviews and information. Excited for our turn today.20180915_054338.jpg.d5c03fb6f259c236413d1725fab318cc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Another vote of sincere thanks to Chez for taking us along on your cruise. I looked forward to your informative commentary every day - sad it's coming to an end. But ... in only a little more than 3 weeks it'll be my turn!! :D

Thanks again - and safe travels home to you :)

OMG we got a seat at the International cafe for coffee, its only taken 3 weeks.

Had one last coffee on the card537e46798bb453e3619e919209acee3a.jpg5a910e430e41f58e2b4ddaa11739b84d.jpg

I’ve heard that it’s difficult to get a seat there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk