MAJESTIC PRINCESS - 24th August - Shanghai to Sydney

Sincere thanks Chez for bringing all of us along with you and Andy, you have been very generous with answering many questions that have been asked of you, I for one really have enjoyed reading all your posts, so once again a big thank you....cheers V

Thanks for the time and effort you have taken in allowing us to cruise along with you.

I watched the tv this morning with glimpses of the ship and interviews.

It was amazing to see the recorded footage of the ship arriving down the harbour set up as a runway on the water with the ?fireworks/lights guiding her.

Was speaking to someone earlier who said that there would be a charge for the cabanas as of next cruise........not sure if the Conservatory would be charged like the Sanctuary on other ships, or there will be just a charge for the 4 cabanas with TV's.

They charge for the four (I think) Retreat Pool cabanas on Royal so it doesn't surprise me that they will charge for the Majestic ones, and at least that may stop the same people hogging them all the time.

I'd be surprised if they charged for the Conservatory though.

Thanks for the great review Chez! We agree you should be working for Princess. You almost make their website redundant [emoji38]We especially appreciated the info re: coffee cards, but have also enjoyed following your cruise. Just 119 days before we board for NZ! Can’t wait

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A big thanks to Chez for an amazing blog, great photos n fantastic info on the ship n its venues.........yes def better than the Princess website

Congrats Helen for getting a fantastic spot up top n thanks for the photos.

Will you be sleeping there tonight?

We just spent the day in at the Quay looking at this beautiful ship from all angles...unfortunately only the outside angles....

but def getting excited now

Haha. Won’t be sleeping up there but I will check out what is happening there with those cabanas this cruise. I’ve bought a pass to the Enclave, so am looking forward to that [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am so glad you are posting, please continue this thread, so funny you posted from there, Elsie and Keith also sent me an SMS to say they were sitting in one haha!

Have a great cruise:)

I am so glad you are posting, please continue this thread, so funny you posted from there, Elsie and Keith also sent me an SMS to say they were sitting in one haha!

Have a great cruise:)

Shall do. It will be a privilege to continue your great thread :). I’m just back from Enclave and it was wonderful.

But I won’t be as prolific a poster but happy to answer anything if I can [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lovely photos, thanks for posting them, we have so many friends onboard that are doing B2B's and some that have just boarded.

We disembarked and had coffee with friends that were boarding, walked back to OPT for our arranged transfer with Jim, bumbed into a couple of girls we had met on the cruise who were catching the train to the airport, so took them with us to the airport.

A bumpy flight home on our propellar Qantas Link flight........I think I lost the plot somewhere along the way, forgot to remove the nail scissors from our carry on, so security was not impressed, then sat in 10A/B instead of 9A/B for the flight home, the man who was supposed to be in 10B was happy to sit in 9........lucky I didnt encounter a grumpy person who had to wait in line for the 144hr Visa, then 3 hrs to board the Majestic,only to find their condiments were not in the same place as the Sun Princess haha, yep there are some things I wont be missing, but I will miss my lovely balcony with Ocean views, my bed made daily and the chocolates on my pillow nightly, which I have counted on returning home, and Andy has stolen 4 days worth, just cant trust your cabin mate!!

I will miss breakfast on the Wakeview Terrace, being greeted everynight by the lovely girl at the Concerto Restaurant, and being served by Alexander and Spasso.

I will miss Nat and Mick, their friendship and humour at dinner, miss the faces of other Cruise Critic members that we have shared excursions, cabin crawls, conversations and coffees and lunches with.

I will miss posting daily and trying to read your comments and grateful thanks with limited internet, only to find I had 140 minutes left when disembarking, god I hate that!!

Thankyou Majestic Princess for giving us a repositioning transitional cruise, smooth calm seas and great weather.

You are not my favourite ship due to a few design flaws and placement of public spaces, but you are certainly new, shiny and have the wonderful, ever hard working Princess staff.

Lovely photos, thanks for posting them, we have so many friends onboard that are doing B2B's and some that have just boarded.

We disembarked and had coffee with friends that were boarding, walked back to OPT for our arranged transfer with Jim, bumbed into a couple of girls we had met on the cruise who were catching the train to the airport, so took them with us to the airport.

A bumpy flight home on our propellar Qantas Link flight........I think I lost the plot somewhere along the way, forgot to remove the nail scissors from our carry on, so security was not impressed, then sat in 10A/B instead of 9A/B for the flight home, the man who was supposed to be in 10B was happy to sit in 9........lucky I didnt encounter a grumpy person who had to wait in line for the 144hr Visa, then 3 hrs to board the Majestic,only to find their condiments were not in the same place as the Sun Princess haha, yep there are some things I wont be missing, but I will miss my lovely balcony with Ocean views, my bed made daily and the chocolates on my pillow nightly, which I have counted on returning home, and Andy has stolen 4 days worth, just cant trust your cabin mate!!

I will miss breakfast on the Wakeview Terrace, being greeted everynight by the lovely girl at the Concerto Restaurant, and being served by Alexander and Spasso.

I will miss Nat and Mick, their friendship and humour at dinner, miss the faces of other Cruise Critic members that we have shared excursions, cabin crawls, conversations and coffees and lunches with.

I will miss posting daily and trying to read your comments and grateful thanks with limited internet, only to find I had 140 minutes left when disembarking, god I hate that!!

Thankyou Majestic Princess for giving us a repositioning transitional cruise, smooth calm seas and great weather.

You are not my favourite ship due to a few design flaws and placement of public spaces, but you are certainly new, shiny and have the wonderful, ever hard working Princess staff.

What a lovely summary :)

Lovely words to finish your summary of your trip, but I will ask....what is your favourite ship?

Edited by resordanis
spelling

Lovely words, but I will ask....what is your favourite ship?

I am going to say the Sapphire Princess, reasons being a lovely wide promenade that wraps around, lots of forward viewing areas, aft pool with bar and sun lounges and easy access to cabins on Aloha Deck, so good to book an inside there.

4 smaller Anytime dining restaurants for a more intimate experience.

Has both International cafe and Alfredos next to each other, so we were able to grab a salad and take it to Alfredos, Sapphire also has On Demand TV, which I believe other than the new Regal/Royal/Majestic has only been installed on the Sun and Sapphire.

Also on the Grand class ships the sauna is free, on the new class it is included in the Enclave, so a fee. Lots of things that the Majestic does not have.

Each to their own, if we were taking the family/grandkids our choice would be different.

Royal have beautiful ships, but rock climbing and flowriders, dodgems and iceskating are not our thing

We also loved the Solstice, such a beautiful elegant ship.

We have the Carnival Spendour booked Singapore/Sydney next year, and the Carnival Spirit for October 2020 Honlulu/Brisbane, with the Ruby Princess thrown in there in 2020.

I am going to say the Sapphire Princess, reasons being a lovely wide promenade that wraps around, lots of forward viewing areas, aft pool with bar and sun lounges and easy access to cabins on Aloha Deck, so good to book an inside there.

4 smaller Anytime dining restaurants for a more intimate experience.

Has both International cafe and Alfredos next to each other, so we were able to grab a salad and take it to Alfredos, Sapphire also has On Demand TV, which I believe other than the new Regal/Royal/Majestic has only been installed on the Sun and Sapphire.

Thanks again for keeping us all informed of the goings on onboard Majestic. Funny how we pick a favorite ship, I try to pick a ship that has a International Cafe, Swirls/Princess ice cream and Pizza..

My favorite ship to date is the Emerald Princess which was my first cruise with a International Cafe onboard. Now I view that as a must have onboard any ship LOL..:).

Just checked the deck plan for Sapphire and yes , I now want to take a cruise on Sapphire !! :cool:

Now to wait till Nov 18 to check out Majestic for myself.. Hope I like it as I have 2 more dates with Majestic soon after...

Cheers and Thank-you,

Peter.