MAJESTIC PRINCESS - 24th August - Shanghai to Sydney

Captain just made some announcements, they have been doing some* magnetic compass adjustments, we wondered why we had been doing a bit of a zigzag, need to do them when travelling North to South and there is plenty of time so they have just completed them, we are doing 12knots.

We will arrive at the Pilot station at 4.30am, when pilot will board.

At* 5am we will pass* Bradleys Head where the runway made of lights and flares will start and continue* to Fort Dennison,* it is 150 metres wide, Captain says it has never been done before and there will be plenty of media coverage around the world.

We enter the runway at 5.10am, sunrise is just before 6am so this event needs to happen before the sun is up.

One bagged packed but lunch is calling.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the helpful information you have given us, it is very generous of you to do this for us and is really appreciated. We are booked on the Majestic in March 2019 and I have found the information really useful and feel like I already know my way around the decks,so hopefully I won't get lost! Thanks again and happy cruising.

Sorry about all the stars in my posts, i copy and paste from my memo, they just appear!!

Looks pretty but they dont mean anything!!

LOL. I was thinking that you were adding your own touch to your review, make sure we paid attention.

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, and the pics of the inside cabins, if you manage to get a pic of a 4 berth that would be amazing.I am well and truly excited to travel on her next year, largely thanks to your great, unbiased review.

Cheers maree

Thank you for the information. What do you think about the Royal for Alaska if you can’t see forward at all?

I haven't cruised Alaska so don't know how important seeing directly forward would be but on Royal you could at least book loungers in the Sanctuary on the glacier day(s) if that's important to you. Just make sure you go up to the Sanctuary as soon as you board to book though, otherwise you might miss out. The views are great from there. We were on Royal in the Med and we booked the Sanctuary for sea days on that cruise.

I imagine the ship will rotate near the glaciers so that everyone gets good views - they did that on the Kimberly Coast scenic viewing when we did a Top End cruise some years ago.

Captain just made some announcements, they have been doing some* magnetic compass adjustments, we wondered why we had been doing a bit of a zigzag, need to do them when travelling North to South and there is plenty of time so they have just completed them, we are doing 12knots.

We will arrive at the Pilot station at 4.30am, when pilot will board.

At* 5am we will pass* Bradleys Head where the runway made of lights and flares will start and continue* to Fort Dennison,* it is 150 metres wide, Captain says it has never been done before and there will be plenty of media coverage around the world.

We enter the runway at 5.10am, sunrise is just before 6am so this event needs to happen before the sun is up.

One bagged packed but lunch is calling.

Thanks for this info. Will be sure to be watching tonight from the U.K.

Andy just went up to get some fresh limes from the bar so I can enjoy the last drop of my Vodka on the balcony, he heard* a thump, and another person has fallen down the marble staircase, the wife was crying.........Andy saw the male head first down the stairs, head at the bottom, legs on the last two stairs, so head first. He just got back to the cabin and they called medical to the Piazza.

This is probably the 5th or 6th fall we have seen or heard about this voyage.

We watched an elderly lady walking down the other night, she appeared intoxicated, tripped a couple of times, and wobbly walked down, scary stuff.

So please please please if you are elderly, have elderly family, are unsteady of feet, drunk, or just plain hate stairs, take the lift and save a cracked skull.......Andy just said that marble is unforgiving and the curve and varying width of the tread is deceiving.

If anyone is interested there is a video of the helicopter medical evacuation on YouTube which was taken from the helicopter and includes POV footage of one of the rescuers. I won’t post a link here in case it’s not appropriate but might be worth searching for if you’d like to view.

If anyone is interested there is a video of the helicopter medical evacuation on YouTube which was taken from the helicopter and includes POV footage of one of the rescuers. I won’t post a link here in case it’s not appropriate but might be worth searching for if you’d like to view.

Fantastic video . Thank you for sharing.

LOL. I was thinking that you were adding your own touch to your review, make sure we paid attention.

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, and the pics of the inside cabins, if you manage to get a pic of a 4 berth that would be amazing.I am well and truly excited to travel on her next year, largely thanks to your great, unbiased review.

Cheers maree

Maree, thanks for reading. I am often a reader of other peoples blogs and reviews and appreciate their time and effort but dont comment all the time, but now realise its nice to know people are reading, so thanks for commenting.

I bumped into a couple of TA's yesterday who have been reading also, as well as some Princess people, word gets around!!

I am definately not biased, we love Princess, but have also cruised other lines so able to make comparisons on ship design.

Lots on here are Princess only cruisers, so only compare to other Princess ships so complaints about lack of promenade deck, Crooners, Wheelhouse bar etc.

Just spoke to another couple this morning who said they wouldn't cruise this ship again, my ears prick up when i hear conversations on lifts or at the buffet.......not only policing the Conservatory but eaves dropping as well haha! People love to complain, loudly!

We would never say never, the ship is beautiful, just needs a bit more thought in the placement of venues, the Piazza is packed always. We ventured into Crooners for a bit of quiet, then they started carpet bowls, its amazing there is so much space, but not enough...........then i walked passed those three high end* shops again, no one in there, 3 staff standing around, in their suits, what a job!! I envisioned Le Mer or Crown Grill in there,* behind the glass to block out the noise.

Thanks, we will have a look when we get home. We only saw it fly off so be good to see a different perspective.

Andy just went up to get some fresh limes from the bar so I can enjoy the last drop of my Vodka on the balcony, he heard* a thump, and another person has fallen down the marble staircase, the wife was crying.........Andy saw the male head first down the stairs, head at the bottom, legs on the last two stairs, so head first. He just got back to the cabin and they called medical to the Piazza.

This is probably the 5th or 6th fall we have seen or heard about this voyage.

We watched an elderly lady walking down the other night, she appeared intoxicated, tripped a couple of times, and wobbly walked down, scary stuff.

So please please please if you are elderly, have elderly family, are unsteady of feet, drunk, or just plain hate stairs, take the lift and save a cracked skull.......Andy just said that marble is unforgiving and the curve and varying width of the tread is deceiving.

Interesting, I wonder if the 'Orientals' had the same problem. Perhaps it is the Aussie liking for 'inkahol' that is the contributing factor? Steady as she goes !!!:')

Thanks again Chez and safe travels home.

A little gossip.....Ugly Dave Gray has been on our cruise since Shanghai, apparently his cabin is just up from us, but we only saw him once out and about, friends saw him more often.

No shows from him, he was just a passenger. At the Captains Circle Party a Mr and Mrs Gray were one of the most travelled, wonder if it was him, and if all the days he did on P&O and Princess entertaining count??

He was on a cruise we did on Golden too (as a passenger)

Looking at the last picture, the main door is at the foot of the bed.

If you look at the photo with th desk, the door is next to the fridge.

These are really great for insides.

I will take a few more photos tomorrow when everyone moves out.

Also the 4 berths, not good when bed is made as a quenn, there is one opposite us so will try and get some photos

On other ships, they won’t let you keep the bottom a queen when bunks are down for a quad room because the room steward would have to stand on the queen bed to make the bunks, so quad rooms generally have to be 4 singles (2 bottom & 2 top bunks), unless there’s a sofa bed with Pullman layout

On other ships, they won’t let you keep the bottom a queen when bunks are down for a quad room because the room steward would have to stand on the queen bed to make the bunks, so quad rooms generally have to be 4 singles (2 bottom & 2 top bunks), unless there’s a sofa bed with Pullman layout
Not talking about them made up as quads. Just how they jut out of the wall.

Try to get a pic tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Just in case you missed me I made a cameo appearance on the Today show this morning just to warm up the airwaves ........

It's all set for you Chez ...... lights, camera, action .......arse up down the marble stair case ROFL

Thanks Dobby. Its all happening.

A little gossip.....Ugly Dave Gray has been on our cruise since Shanghai, apparently his cabin is just up from us, but we only saw him once out and about, friends saw him more often.

No shows from him, he was just a passenger. At the Captains Circle Party a Mr and Mrs Gray were one of the most travelled, wonder if it was him, and if all the days he did on P&O and Princess entertaining count??

I can confirm it was the Mr and Mrs Gray you are thinking. I saw them stand when it was announced that they and another couple had passed 500 days cruising.

Bucket list :cool:

I can confirm it was the Mr and Mrs Gray you are thinking. I saw them stand when it was announced that they and another couple had passed 500 days cruising.

Bucket list :cool:

Thanks Nat, i know you saw them.....he was wheres Wally for me.....still havent passed him in the buffet.

Wish you were still onboard, dinner was a little quiet....its a nice night on deck 17 watching the footy. How good can life get?

Thanks Nat, i know you saw them.....he was wheres Wally for me.....still havent passed him in the buffet.

Wish you were still onboard, dinner was a little quiet....its a nice night on deck 17 watching the footy. How good can life get?

We wish we were still onboard too but one day at work down and one day closer to the next one. Hope your team wins. Did you get to see Alexander and Spaso?