MAJESTIC PRINCESS - 24th August - Shanghai to Sydney

Chez, it is rumoured Channel 7 Sunrise mob will be boarding in Brisvegas to Sydney, no doubt a squillion travel agents too. Enjoy their company. :'):loudcry:

Interesting to hear about ye olde 'Walloper' in his mess dress. Not for this little black duck.

Chez, it is rumoured Channel 7 Sunrise mob will be boarding in Brisvegas to Sydney, no doubt a squillion travel agents too. Enjoy their company. :'):loudcry:

Interesting to hear about ye olde 'Walloper' in his mess dress. Not for this little black duck.

Les, Captain said we will be live on Sunrise, but then I realised we arrive Sydney on a Saturday and the weekend show doesnt start until 7am, so perhaps Monique and Basil will board in Sydney at 6am to be live at 7am...or they board in Brisbane, who knows?

Will certainly let you all know if i see them wandering around.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Hi

Thanks so much for all the info, looking forward to my trip in March next year.

You say with a coffee card you can get free tea, hot chocolate etc, presumably this is only free if you've bought the coffee card? Any idea of prices for tea, hot choc if you don't buy the coffee card?

Thanks

Hi

Thanks so much for all the info, looking forward to my trip in March next year.

You say with a coffee card you can get free tea, hot chocolate etc, presumably this is only free if you've bought the coffee card? Any idea of prices for tea, hot choc if you don't buy the coffee card?

Thanks

I think hot chocolate and tea are just free, you don’t need the coffee card for these, though others will confirm this [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not much to tell so i wont bore you with our daily routine of sleeping, eating, watching movies, we did see one in the Princess theatre yesterday, and lunching with friends etc

We are passing the islands at the top of Australia, very scenic today.

Last night we had the Captains Circle party, they had 3 of them yesterday and a couple last formal night. Ours was at 7.15pm.

About 1012 Elites onboard, more platinums, cant remember the rest, the watered down Cosmopolitan went to my head haha

Drumroll.......Captain announced on our arrival in Sydney there will be about 1.5km of flares lit up like a runway for our arrival through Sydney harbour and drones. It will be dark but we will be up.

We are live on Sunrise as well......so not sure if they are onboard from Brisbane or just live from their studio, or they will board when we dock, we shall find out.

Perhaps someone at home has been watching Sunrise and has* more info.

At least that makes us a little excited to come home........might have to hog one of those cabanas friday night, that is the only place on this ship to get a forward view unless you have a forward cabin or are the Captain.

I have only just started on Andy's 500 free minutes and will have my internet in Brisbane for the day, so we have done well.

To answer a few questions

We depart Brisbane Thursday at 6pm.

I have posted the patter

I have posted the duty free drink prices for those that asked.

(Sorry if it is not clear, i can post prices individually)

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

We are going on Majestic in March and have booked on sister ship Royal for Alaska. Was just wondering if there is much room to stand around cabanas or if they are moveable so as you can have a reasonable forward view of the glaciers. Not sure about this ship for Alaska.

We are cruising down the river in Brisbane, we have had a helicopter flying around us for 10 minutes, he was nearly in our cabin at one point haha..

Just over 600 off today and about the same boarding.

Travels agents boarding for a lunch tour.

Singers and dances rehearsing in the Piazza late last night so not sure if that is for today or tonight.

Ship was a ghost town last night.

Just doing a 180 turn now, we are docking starboard side.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

We are going on Majestic in March and have booked on sister ship Royal for Alaska. Was just wondering if there is much room to stand around cabanas or if they are moveable so as you can have a reasonable forward view of the glaciers. Not sure about this ship for Alaska.

Royal only has a few cabanas, some around the Retreat Pool and some in the Sanctuary in front of that pool. They aren't moveable and cost extra. The Sanctuary ones are quite expensive ($200-300 per day) but the others are cheaper (under $100 per day, I think) - I can't remember the exact costs though. Both types are side facing and are not right against the sides ie there are sunloungers between the cabanas and the railings.

I don't think Royal has any forward facing public decks right above the bow, other than the Sanctuary which costs extra. The two decks below the Sanctuary have cabins with balconies that face forward I think.

Chez, you mentioned early on that you had all your documents ready at China immigration for the visa. Can you advise what documents they were. Sorry if you’ve already answered this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Copy of your booking summary itinerary. they need to know when you are leaving ( less than 144 hrs) and that your first port of call isnt China, also have a copy of your hotel booking as it shows your check in check out date.

I had a copy for me and one for Andy in case we were in different lines to show in Sydney so they will allow you to board, then in Shanghai so they can grant the Visa.

As what Oz kiwi said. Regal/ Royal are a different set up no indoor pool etc.

There is no foward veiwing anywhere on the ship other than the Conservatory forward, no outside deck.

Real bummer as we wanted somewhere to watch tomorrow morning coming into Sydney. Its either our cabin on the side or the Conservatory behind glass not good for photo taking. A real negative to this design of ship.

Alongside in Brisbane.

Enjoy your day. It’s fun watching the TA’s being led around the ship all day. The tone of the ship will change completely on the short jaunt down to Sydney.Watch out as the TA’s will take over.:D:D

837_A5949_5151_41_F6_99_F0_8_E27_A8_EDE4_AC.png

Loads of ta's on for a lunch tour not sure how many on for the 2 nighter.

Already a lot of a younger crowd wandering around.

As what Oz kiwi said. Regal/ Royal are a different set up no indoor pool etc.

There is no foward veiwing anywhere on the ship other than the Conservatory forward, no outside deck.

Real bummer as we wanted somewhere to watch tomorrow morning coming into Sydney. Its either our cabin on the side or the Conservatory behind glass not good for photo taking. A real negative to this design of ship.

Whoops not tomorrow morning.....saturday morning. Dont want to wish the days away!!

I hope the Majestic has a more spectacular welcome into Sydney than we had a couple of years ago. Sorry - I can't remember which ship (Emerald? Golden?), but there was quite a bit of advance hype about how special it would be. Tugs would have water fountains and there would be a light display. We were out front to watch the sail-in and were very under-whelmed. The water fountains were very small, not like ones we have seen (in photos) welcoming ships into New York harbour.

Here's hoping Sydney puts on a more spectacular show for the Majestic Princess. If they don't, maybe with my comments, you won't be expecting too much and won't be disappointed.