first timer question: disembarkation

kroeni

Hello,

how does it work with disembarkation when the ship reaches its final destination (e.g. 8 a.m.)? As far as I know one has to put the luggage in front of the cabin door the evening before. Can we have breakfast ? Do we have to leave the ship in due time? Sorry for this "naive" questions.

Oh please don't worry.. You do put your luggage outside your door over night. You have to be sure that you keep essentials with you until the next morning. We put the "liquids" (toiletries) into the checked baggage when we get to the airport if we are flying. You have breakfast on board. Usually the earliest you can leave the ship is around 9am after it has been clear by immigration etc, but if you have a very early onward flight I believe you can arrange to disembark earlier; the latest you can leave the ship is around 10 am but it depends where you are in the world and what your onward journey entails.

If there is anything that worries you while you are on board, just ask, either at the reception or your fellow passengers will be very happy to advise.

Have a lovely time. J

Also new to Oceania so perhaps silly question but can we carry our own luggage of the ship ourselves? We are only going on a 1 week cruise and we don't have a lot so would ordinarily not leave luggage out but would keep it with us on and off the ship.

We don't usually check luggage on planes either so giving it to some one to take it off the ship for us would feel strange.

Hello,

how does it work with disembarkation when the ship reaches its final destination (e.g. 8 a.m.)? As far as I know one has to put the luggage in front of the cabin door the evening before. Can we have breakfast ? Do we have to leave the ship in due time? Sorry for this "naive" questions.

Yes you leave your luggage out the night before usually before 11pm

Depends on the time ship is cleared but yes off before 9am usually

In Amsterdam we were at the curb by 8:15am

yes you can breakfast if you get to the dining venues before they close @ 8am

Room service is also available now not sure the cut off time

to add to the above reply and unless the system has changed from 1 year ago.

You will receive a

disembarkation questionnaire a couple of days before. You will be asked what time roughly you need to disembark, if you have your own transport or Oceania transport, etc. Based on the information you provide you will be issued color coded luggage tags that must be on the luggage when placed outside your door. Your disembarkation group will be announced in sequence of those luggage tags. Problems occur when cruisers gang up in the main exit areas waiting for their disembarkation time to be called. On our past cruises we had to be out of the rooms by 8AM, everyone off the ship by 9AM- based on the port arrival time of 8AM or earlier. Best places to wait for your color code to be called is in the lounges/bar areas.

Not sure if one of your questions was answered, viz, do we have to carry our luggage off ourselves?

No, you don't -- but you can if you wish! We did so when we left Riviera in May in Venice because we had a 7:30 am pickup with our cab. Normally we just carry our "carry on" with us when leaving the ship. USUALLY we leave as late as possible, around 9am. It depends on our plans. Most of the time we are staying on in the final port and since most hotel rooms aren't ready yet, we will leave as late as possible. On the rare occasion when we have a flight that morning, we will leave earlier.

There was a lengthy post earlier this year about someone whose suitcase was taken by another -- it was unclear whether this was truly an accident or deliberate. But the upshot was that the suitcase went to a VERY WRONG airport in the U.S. While this could be an argument for carrying your luggage off yourself, in 17 cruises on O we've never had anything like this happen to us and in a number of years on CC I've never heard of such a thing happening. Until now ...

Mura

Hello,

Morgen.... Erst sie konnen im die Buffet frustruck habben. Sie konnen essen auf 0630 Aber sie mussen abfhart die schiff vor 0830.

Ja, sie konnen , vor unser tur unser gepack bliben..... Oder nicht.

Mann konnen im den morgen tregen mit ehr gepack auf...." Selbst Service". und sie woll die erst volk zum abfhart bekompt !!! Um so besser mit kline oder zicht viel gepack. Viel schnell und lichte

Und ein gotten schifffahart habben....

Tschuss Dan

LHT28....room service available on disembarkation day????

To all cabins? Is this a recent change?

Must be new

we were in a B cabin on Marina & yes there it was in the Currents on the last night

We always have breakfast in the GDR on the last day. So much more civilised than the buffet because hardly anyone does that!! You do have to be out of the accommodation by 8am.

But as I said when I replied to the OP at the beginning of this thread, "Don't Worry" all will be made clear when the time comes. J

I'm traveling in Dec and making my own flight arrangements. The schedule says port at 8 am. I can either fly out at 9am or not until 7pm. I'd really not spend the day at the airport. Would I be able to disembark about 6:30am to catch the morning flight?

Usually you can, but the real question is: when are you actually in port. If you dock the night before you wouldn't have a problem.

If the ship really isn't due in until 8am there's no way you could make a 9am flight.

What itinerary? What port?

I'd suggest talking to your TA or Oceania about the logistics.

Mura

I'm traveling in Dec and making my own flight arrangements. The schedule says port at 8 am. I can either fly out at 9am or not until 7pm. I'd really not spend the day at the airport. Would I be able to disembark about 6:30am to catch the morning flight?

The short answer is that it might be possible on the day, but it just isn't worth taking the risk, unless missing the morning flight would not phase you. Some people thrive on adrenaline and seek that kind of pressure.

Nobody gets off that ship until every passenger is cleared by Customs.......period, the end.

The ship may or may not even be tied up at 7am then it needs to be cleared by the authorites

Usually you need to check in at the airport at least 1-2 hrs prior plus clear security

You still need to allow time to get to the airport

Just find something to do during the day book a day room at a hotel & catch the later flight

Thanks, will catch evening flight and look into a day pass.

As a fellow Californian, I too have to make this choice between a too early flight and a too late flight. I choose the late flight and spend the day doing the hop on hop off Miami tour bus. Easy way to spend the day.

What do you do with your luggage?

carry it everywhere you go or get a hotel room. Those with top tier status at some hotels ( Platinum) can have as a courtesy them hold your bags in the bell stand.... a nice tip is expected $5 per bag in better hotels

What do you do with your luggage?

As stated above, the bus company will store your luggage in a truck right there and then when you want to go to the airport, you claim it and they take you directly to the airport. Really quite convenient. You just need to make sure that you get back to the starting point, where your luggage is stored, in plenty of time. They have set times that make the airport run.

The short answer is that it might be possible on the day, but it just isn't worth taking the risk, unless missing the morning flight would not phase you. Some people thrive on adrenaline and seek that kind of pressure.

Nobody gets off that ship until every passenger is cleared by Customs.......period, the end.

We had a cruise that was in port by 6 AM but apparently there was some issue with the immigration people (or whoever clears the ship for disembarkation) and the first to disembark were at 10 AM. So I wouldn't take the chance on being able to cut it so close for a 9 AM flight. Perhaps you can find somewhere to store your luggage and take a quick tour of the city you finish your cruise in.