obnoxious neighbors

purplethorn

Here's my note

To my cabin neighbor

I am so glad to HEAR you are enjoying your cruise. AND we are so glad you were able to satisfy the issue that came UP. So please going forward, please be aware you might not want your enjoyment to be shared with your neighbors.

And the reply on your door that would make your steward and fellow neighbours giggle and might even get you a late night knock from a lonely gentleman or two!

To my cabin neighbour,

I am sorry but we are not swingers, as much as you enjoy shared experiences we have to politely turn down your kind offer as we are not quite so broad minded.

And the reply on your door that would make your steward and fellow neighbours giggle and might even get you a late night knock from a lonely gentleman or two

To my cabin neighbour,

I am sorry but we are not swingers, as much as you enjoy shared experiences we have to politely turn down your kind offer as we are not quite so broad minded.

Best offer we would ever get after 50 years

Passive aggressive childishness.

Really....loosen up....just having a laugh....So let us know IF this ever happens to you and tell us your response

I was thinking about this as I read the comments. As someone who used to travel for work extensively, I've eaten hundreds of room service meals and standard procedure is to leave the tray/cart/whatever in the hall when finished.
Must depend on what type of hotel you stay at, becaue everywhere I've stayed has a card that says call the number to have your plates picked up.

Yes. We are all just having a little fun on this Friday afternoon before a three day weekend for many!

I would suggest you get a few more posts under your belt before you start calling out your fellow CC posters! See how things work and all.

Happy Labor Day to all the Americans!! Cheers!

Edited by Seminole1975

Must depend on what type of hotel you stay at, becaue everywhere I've stayed has a card that says call the number to have your plates picked up.
Everywhere, huh? Not one place you ever stayed at didn't have the card. Fascinating.

Sure, some establishments may ask you to call. I've also seen cards that say to leave it in the hall and call. Just do a Google search on "what to do with tray after room service" and you will find plenty of discussion. The majority of discussion is the tray goes in the hall. Note that I didn't say EVERY discussion.

Bringing this back to the topic of obnoxious neighbors, because it is more of a norm than not in hotels, I won't consider someone who puts their tray in the hall on a cruise ship obnoxious.

What an interesting and contentious discussion. On the room service issue - I must point out that Carnival asks you to put your room service tray out in the hall. My question is what does NCL ask you to do? THAT is the only "right" answer. And, if they don't specify, then leaving it in the room and leaving in the hall are both right. Easy peasy.

Yes. We are all just having a little fun on this Friday afternoon before a three day weekend for many!

I would suggest you get a few more posts under your belt before you start calling out your fellow CC posters! See how things work and all.

It is not common practice on a ship. In fact they ask you not to do that. Hallways are small and people in wheel chairs or scooters can not often get by. It is also a hazard if there is an emergency.

That is the most insane argument always brought up. If the hallways are so tight that a plate or tray is a safety hazard that ships design should have never gotten into service. Most of the time during the day the hallways are blocked far more by the armada of room stewards cleaning carts anyway.

The only thing people should do is pour any remaining liquids in glasses or cups into the sink before putting them into the hallway.

It is not common practice on a ship. In fact they ask you not to do that. Hallways are small and people in wheel chairs or scooters can not often get by. It is also a hazard if there is an emergency.

Next time you take a cruise, read the info they give you, it specifically states not to leave your dishes out side the door

Where exactly does it say that. I've never seen that, though I admit I am not good at reading every piece of paper they give us. So, I just looked at BirdTravels review of the Bliss cruise I was on, I think Bird has a pitcure of every sheet of paper we were given, and no where did I see words that say not to leave trays in the hall. Please tell us where "it specifically states not to leave your dishes out side the door".

First morning, I was in a studio cabin on the Breakaway when I heard a guy screaming curses for like 2-3 minutes. I thought, ok, that was weird but let it pass. The second morning the same thing happened. I had been out very late so I went back to sleep then later knocked on the door, no answer. I wrote a polite note to please stop screaming and left it outside the cabin. It worked, I didn't hear a peep the rest of the week.

This one has me giggling. Screaming curses for 2-3 minutes sounds like Miracle Max in The Princess Bride. Maybe we all need to call the Brute Squad if we have problems. :-) I can just see your polite note "Please stop screaming." What I really love is that it worked. Awesome! :')

What do you do in an event of noisy obnoxious neighbors? Can you call front desk or somebody to complain or would you ask them to be more considerate first?

We have never had this happen on all three cruises we have taken but never sailed NCL and with "open bar" I am a bit worried it will be a booze cruise.

I am okay with kids noise (to an extend) , but grown ups not being considerate I cannot tolerate lol

Try both.

For the 1st 2 days of of last cruise, every time we opened the balcony door, our room was flooded with cigarette smoke and loud music / conversation filled with foul language. We could see our neighbors puffing away over their balcony. I leaned over and let them know that "Hey..not sure you are aware but you can't smoke out here", then asked them politely to remember that there are children on the ship who don't need to hear "F--K this and F--K that" every other word. They essentially told me to piss off and they paid enough money on the cruise so they could do what they wanted.

Day 2...smoking again, swearing and TV on full blast with their balcony to room door clearly wide open. Ruined my lovely french roast and a beautiful ocean sunrise which had been quiet up until that point. Easy fix - grabbed my 9 yo, who has NO filter, who went on the balcony and yelled "MOM...it smells like fire out here...I'm calling the police!!!!".

You could hear our neighbors literally running back inside their cabin. My son then called the butler to tell him there were people smoking in the cabin next to us who left lit cigarettes on the deck (which they did). When ship's security knocked on neighbor's door to find out who was smoking (a 200$ time 1st offense, then getting taken off the ship offense #2), I admit I listened happily to the "discussion of smoking rules".

Day 3-7...not a single wisp of smoke to be smelled. We also never saw hide nor hair of our neighbors again. Passive aggressive? Meh. I paid good money too for the same vacation!

Amy

Amy - my mother had a lot of great sayings, but one of the best (that I have used 1,000,000 times) is “Your rights end where my nose begins”! I always though that sums up nicely that fact that none of us have rights that are not curbed by the rights of others (and usually and notably ignored by a lot of the people like describe here!)

Amy - my mother had a lot of great sayings, but one of the best (that I have used 1,000,000 times) is “Your rights end where my nose begins”! I always though that sums up nicely that fact that none of us have rights that are not curbed by the rights of others (and usually and notably ignored by a lot of the people like describe here!)

Like this!:cool:

Now posters have to be wary of their post count BEFORE they disagree with a fellow CC poster? Talk about obnoxious, that about takes the cake.

To Razor

Big difference between "disagreeing" and being judgmental and mean spirited. No matter how many posts you have. I just found it strange that a person had just joined CC (2 posts) and was already being so judgmental and opinionated. I was trying to help he/she out. I did not understand where he/she was coming from. I made a polite suggestion. I was not being obnoxious and mean spirited back.

Ideally the threads are to gather information, but the trolls get in too. Posters should be able to have a little fun without being judged and criticized and called out unless their comments are totally inappropriate. Then the mods step in. But hey I may just have to use that ignore button. Never have yet. I have had people disagree with me on several threads, but I do not name call and or get personal back or judge them. Stick to the facts.

I think this thread was very helpful and funny in some cases. I have not yet had obnoxious neighbors, but have a good idea what my options are in case I do. I will bring some sticky notes on my upcoming cruise just in case.;p

Edited by Seminole1975

To Razor

Big difference between "disagreeing" and being judgmental and mean spirited. No matter how many posts you have. I just found it strange that a person had just joined CC (2 posts) and was already being so judgmental and opinionated. I was trying to help he/she out. I did not understand where he/she was coming from. I made a polite suggestion. I was not being obnoxious and mean spirited back.

Ideally the threads are to gather information, but the trolls get in too. Posters should be able to have a little fun without being judged and criticized and called out unless their comments are totally inappropriate. Then the mods step in. But hey I may just have to use that ignore button. Never have yet. I have had people disagree with me on several threads, but I do not name call and or get personal back or judge them. Stick to the facts.

I think this thread was very helpful and funny in some cases. I have not yet had obnoxious neighbors, but have a good idea what my options are in case I do. I will bring some sticky notes on my upcoming cruise just in case.;p

This thread has been very entertaining. Some people take themselves too seriously. It's pretty obvious who they are.

It's all a balance about your rights and my rights. You want to play music on your balcony. OK, at a level that lets you hear it and not me. You want to smoke on your balcony. I'll just call and ask if that is OK. You're deaf and don't want to have captions on your TV. Well then, keep the volume low please.