Would you?

killarneylady

You bettcha! The only drawback, you may Never go back to an OV or Inside!

We cruised Oceanview on our first few cruises and the line offered us an upgrade to a balcony for $100, and we did it. Loved it and never went back. Just have to have a Balcony now.

Why? Not only being able to step out and smell the sea air and watch well forward and aft anytime I wish, including with ‘just’ my robe on, its a great, restful place to sit and relax.

If you are a couple, and I know this sounds a bit sexist, but my wife takes a few more minutes to get ready and instead of me standing there ‘helping’ so we can zip out of the room, I step out onto the balcony and just relax and not ‘assist’.

We can have breakfast served on the balcony, or any meal. Fantastic.

You can sit and watch the sunset (you notice I didn’t mention the sunrise, whatever that is),or the night sky, or watch ships cruise by or watch the dolphins play in the ship bow wave, or the flying fish jumping out to save their little lives from whatever is down there trying to eat them. You can watch the whales spout, you can watch entering and exiting the ports. You can sit and watch whoever has cut it so close to departure scream up in a taxi and frantically run to catch the ship.......

Do it! But realize, there’s a goodly chance you will be hooked.

Den

Thanks Den, I am actually hooked. I usually book veranda but this time thought I’d do a quick ‘ budget’ trip in an OV. Thanks to all advice here I’ve relented and switched to veranda. You’re correct , you can never go back ! I’m just nervous of the ‘guarantee’ . Thanks all.,

Thanks Den, I am actually hooked. I usually book veranda but this time thought I’d do a quick ‘ budget’ trip in an OV. Thanks to all advice here I’ve relented and switched to veranda. You’re correct , you can never go back ! I’m just nervous of the ‘guarantee’ . Thanks all.,

It will be fine. Don't forget that after being assigned the cabin, you may be able to change to a cabin you like better.

You are welcome, but you already knew how great a balcony is. I’ve not seen many (any really) posters come back to complain about the SR they got from the gurarntee selection. I’m always talking about booking early so I can select my SR....guess what, it really doesn’t impact my cruise much at all.

Enjoy!!

Den

Four night Infinity cruise, 3 passengers . Chance to upgrade to veranda guarantee from OV cat 06 for $175 total . Would you?

Could get named veranda cabin for a bit more.. are thee any REALLY bad verandas on Infinity?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would I ever.

Uhhhh..........yes! After a couple balconies on previous cruises, we did an OV on our Infinity cruise in September. We were with friends, and it was a CA Coastal, so not really a big deal. But we did miss the balcony. We booked another OV on the Silhouette this November, but then when fares dropped, I jumped on a nice balcony stateroom for the same price.

I've been really lucky with GTY staterooms. Twice when I booked a GTY inside, I was allocated an accessible inside stateroom on higher decks which is much larger and better than being in a normal stateroom on a lower deck.

On my last cruise, I booked a GTY veranda, and guess what. I was allocated a sunset veranda stateroom at the back of the ship!

Nick

Please let us know how the guarantee cabin assignment turned out.

Good Luck

Please let us know how the guarantee cabin assignment turned out.

Good Luck

I sure will. Thanks . Will report back on veranda assigned. - if I’m not tempted to creep up to a Concierge or Suite.. [emoji15]

I sure will. Thanks . Will report back on veranda assigned. - if I’m not tempted to creep up to a Concierge or Suite.. [emoji15]

Yep, it's a slippery slope! Hope you are very happy with your new cabin.

Just checked online this morning and have been assigned my guarantee veranda already. 7082 cat 2A. Looks good enough ?

Regarding possibly changing my room. Any thoughts on 7180, or 7154 - 7168 ? Quite a few available on my sailing 12/27 infinity?. Not sure about obstructed views etc. where could I find that out?

Regarding possibly changing my room. Any thoughts on 7180, or 7154 - 7168 ? Quite a few available on my sailing 12/27 infinity?. Not sure about obstructed views etc. where could I find that out?

I've never sailed on the Infinity, so I don't have any direct knowledge of these cabins, so my thoughts are general recommendations. First you have been assigned a nice cabin, I'm sure you will have a good time. However if you wanted me to pick a Cat 2A cabin for 3 here are my thoughts. First avoid the port side, that's where the smoking areas are located and you don't want smoke drifting into your balcony. Next select a cabin mid-ship or forward to minimize your cabin of having vibrations in your cabin. Also avoid areas near the stairs or elevators because they can be noisier. Finally avoid any cabin below a common area or crew working area. If a cabin has a significant obstruction, it should be noted when you select the cabin. The one thing that I wouldn't like about your cabin is that it is the first cabin in from the forward section and your forward view would be a little blocked. I also feel that you will be looking into balcony on the slant any you would be standing on the railing. I wouldn't move to 7180 because it is by the elevator and because it is in the aft section of the ship. 7154 looks fine, but I would always move forward given the chance an go for 7110 or 7114. At least in the US it, doesn't cost anything to call and ask.

Enjoy your cruise

I've never sailed on the Infinity, so I don't have any direct knowledge of these cabins, so my thoughts are general recommendations. First you have been assigned a nice cabin, I'm sure you will have a good time. However if you wanted me to pick a Cat 2A cabin for 3 here are my thoughts. First avoid the port side, that's where the smoking areas are located and you don't want smoke drifting into your balcony. Next select a cabin mid-ship or forward to minimize your cabin of having vibrations in your cabin. Also avoid areas near the stairs or elevators because they can be noisier. Finally avoid any cabin below a common area or crew working area. If a cabin has a significant obstruction, it should be noted when you select the cabin. The one thing that I wouldn't like about your cabin is that it is the first cabin in from the forward section and your forward view would be a little blocked. I also feel that you will be looking into balcony on the slant any you would be standing on the railing. I wouldn't move to 7180 because it is by the elevator and because it is in the aft section of the ship. 7154 looks fine, but I would always move forward given the chance an go for 7110 or 7114. At least in the US it, doesn't cost anything to call and ask.

Enjoy your cruise

Thanks so much.

Enjoy your cruise

Just a follow up. Asked my TA to ask about changing my allocated guarantee cabin from the 2A I was allocated to another 2A. She said that I would have to pay the 2A price rather than the guarantee price - if you see what I mean. I’m pretty sure I’ve changed in similar circumstance. I’ve asked her to confirm with Celebrity. I’ll let you know..

Just a follow up. Asked my TA to ask about changing my allocated guarantee cabin from the 2A I was allocated to another 2A. She said that I would have to pay the 2A price rather than the guarantee price - if you see what I mean. I’m pretty sure I’ve changed in similar circumstance. I’ve asked her to confirm with Celebrity. I’ll let you know..

This is not true. I have done it numerous times. It's possible it is a new policy, but, I doubt it. Do you think your TA did not want to be bothered?

She just got back and said , No. The point about guarantee allocation is that you have to take what you are given ! Same for all cruise lines apparently. If price of 2A drops to what I paid for guarantee I could change.

She just got back and said , No. The point about guarantee allocation is that you have to take what you are given ! Same for all cruise lines apparently. If price of 2A drops to what I paid for guarantee I could change.

Not true. Many of us have done this before. My guess is she may not be all that familiar with Celebrity and if the person she spoke to gave her an incorrect answer at first (unfortunately happens a lot) she may not have known to press. The comment "Same for all cruise lines apparently" makes it sound like this is how its always been which is most certainly not the case.

Not sure how much further you will be able to press it with her though....

Mike

Not true. Many of us have done this before. My guess is she may not be all that familiar with Celebrity and if the person she spoke to gave her an incorrect answer at first (unfortunately happens a lot) she may not have known to press. The comment "Same for all cruise lines apparently" makes it sound like this is how its always been which is most certainly not the case.

Not sure how much further you will be able to press it with her though....

Mike

Thanks Mike, that’s what I thought too. It’s funny as she’s with one of the big well known US agencies . It’s not hugely important to me that I change but I’d be annoyed if my allocation had been a ‘bad’ cabin. I know that that is the toss up with guarantee cabins but I do know that I have. changed before in similar situation. Oh well.