Celebrity Website?

lbt43

Did Celebrity hire the same stooges from MSC? The website doesn't even work anymore. Anyone else having issues logging in?
The only way the X website could be worse than MSC's is if it disappeared completely. You'd think 8 year old kids in India were running MSC's website.

In 2016 Celebrity hired Accenture to collaborate on the rewrite their website to fix all the problems. Personal opinion is it is worse now than it ever was before the "redesign". It's one thing to have a terrible IT Department, it is worse if you hire a "professional" and the results are what we have today.

https://newsroom.accenture.com/news/celebrity-cruises-to-collaborate-with-accenture-to-bring-modern-luxury-brand-promise-to-its-digital-customer-experience.htm

In 2016 Celebrity hired Accenture to collaborate on the rewrite their website to fix all the problems. Personal opinion is it is worse now than it ever was before the "redesign". It's one thing to have a terrible IT Department, it is worse if you hire a "professional" and the results are what we have today.

https://newsroom.accenture.com/news/celebrity-cruises-to-collaborate-with-accenture-to-bring-modern-luxury-brand-promise-to-its-digital-customer-experience.htm

A friend at Accenture told me they subcontracted much of the work to an India firm.

I'll go against the grain a bit here and say I think it has improved a little in the past 6months or so. Or maybe I've just learned to navigate the minefield.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Their website is not at all intuitive and a lot of info that should be showing for each reservation is now missing, but with a little practice we have also learned how to navigate around the minefields.

So I can essentially get it to do most of the basic things that I need it to do, such as find a cruise, book a stateroom and make a payment.

The Celebrity website was very poorly and carelessly designed, and obviously was never fully tested because many of the glitches are so glaringly obvious.

It is almost as though it was intentionally designed to be maddening by some practical jokers, because they never choose the simple and direct, obvious way to show you something.

Somehow they manage to make the user to go through a round-about, convoluted way to find anything or do anything that should be simple and straight forward.

I have been leaving them feedback with their FEEDBACK link (on the right side of each page) but I wonder if anyone reads the comments posted there because the next time I come back, the same glitch is still there.

Oh wait, they did fix something that I had complained about, so do they actually read our comments, or was that just coincidence? clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Did Celebrity hire the same stooges from MSC? The website doesn't even work anymore. Anyone else having issues logging in?

Celebrity probably has the worst website on earth. It’s been this way for years so they must consider it a running joke and don’t want to improve it.

Celebrity probably has the worst website on earth. It’s been this way for years so they must consider it a running joke and don’t want to improve it.

Sorry, but such comments undermine your credibility.

The internet is full of ****ty websites, also from companies which has much more clients than celebrity.

Celebrity website is bad, but really not so much bad. We have very few links to missing pages, very few pages with inconsistent information (but still with a lot of pages updated regularly). The pages seems to work nicely on many different devices (which should be the case for 90% of website, but as you will notice, it is not true).

The international websites (of celebrity) are much worse because they will hijack the US website to their, but for cruise planer. So most links on cruise planer and here on cruise critics will just bring on the "international homepage" .

Quality of website is insufficient, not a "modern luxury", but there are many many many many many many many worse webpages (also Apple site is not perfect: try to look for a problem or a recall: obsolete information, obsolete links, missing pages; Microsoft handles login worse then celebrity).

If you think Celebrity's and MSC's are bad, you should look at HAL's.

Please do not ruin some of the great comments that frequently pop up about X's website... :cool:

No reason to spoil the day by pointing out sites which potentially could be worse or not.

I have had relatively few issues with the site and understand how others might have major issues, yet to broad brush it, is where I get lost, purely based on my experience.

Especially when X has made it so convenient and easy to NEVER use their website, some passengers or potential passengers continue to try and use it and still complain.. LOL

bon voyage

On a few occasions I've needed to call X customer support or use CelebrityOneTouch when I've had a website issue I couldn't work out. In every case the responses have been timely, helpful and very professional. Don't bang your head against the wall when there are good people in place to help. They've also improved the FAQ page, though the search engine is kind of hit or miss.

Aha, I can blame the Rhinos* then.

*my pet name for them when I used to work for one of their main competitors as they were thick skinned and charged a lot.

I'll go against the grain a bit here and say I think it has improved a little in the past 6months or so. Or maybe I've just learned to navigate the minefield.

It's improved since our cruise Sept 2017, but still isn't great. Princess has a much better website. X's website looks all sophisticate and stuff, but what good is that if it doesn't work right and isn't user friendly?

It's improved since our cruise Sept 2017, but still isn't great. Princess has a much better website. X's website looks all sophisticate and stuff, but what good is that if it doesn't work right and isn't user friendly?

I put some of this down to outsourcing the site development. I've seen a lot of contract projects over the years and nearly all have had a problem with continuity. There is just a lot of turnover with that sort of work. If the project isn't tightly managed, and I don't think this has been until recently, then problems can range from different page looks to serious functional issues.

I'm not 100% certain but I think, based on job postings from several months ago, that RCI/X has been ramping up a serious internal IT department. Perhaps that has resulted in the bits of improvement we've been seeing.