American Express Offer Is Back

mrcliff

I was able to get the offer by paying $750 of amount due on existing cruise (not new one)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Me too. We paid a partial payment on an existing cruise yesterday. The credit is already on our Amex statement. We have the Blue card.

Cheers, Denise

Was about to post this... saw the offer in my Amex account today.

Can anyone familiar with this offer please clarify for me...?

I currently have a booking held but haven't paid in full. That's happening on Monday with my Amex card. Will I get the credit?

Edit-- my confusion is around the "new bookings" part. My booking is held with two FCCs. Never used my credit card. I guess I'm wondering if they consider a new booking "new" when it's held with FCCs, or "new" when it's actually paid for with the card.

Thanks,

Andrew

Go online now and make the $750 payments. You will get the credit. Then you can make the final when it is due

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing.

The offer showed up on both my business card & my husbands personal card.

Not sure it will work on the final payment needed for my upcoming Carnival, simply due to the language of having to make reservation between Sept & Oct of this year. And I didnt book direct with Carnival.

However, wont hurt to book us another cruise under my husband.

In addition, since it is also on my business card, without any connection to my husband, I think its time my company had a board meeting. I need some advisory members to discuss strategy, anyone want to join in?

My only concern is what type of travel insurance, reimbursement, loss of this, cancellation of that does Amex offer compared to Chase Sapphire Reserve, which I use for all my travel. Im not sure any other card can beat thier coverage.

So maybe partial payment with Amex, other part with Chase so you get the best of both worlds?

It will work for a cruise already booked. Have done it twice on two different Amex cards for trip in January. Used last winter on Delta Amex for $100 off $500(both our cards for $200) and yesterday on our Blue Sky Amex(both cards)

If it isn’t on your card, it may not get on there. One time it was on my card, but not my husband’s. I called to see if it could be put on his and they said no. This time around it was on both our cards. Not Delta, but Blue Sky. Got the Delta one last winter

Good luck! I hope the deal shows up for me soon.

BTW, I was on the same cruise as you in April 2015! Small world!

Wanted to quickly follow up and say I made final payment on an upcoming cruise today with my Amex.

Within 2 minutes of payment, I got an email from Amex.

"Dear Andrew,

We appreciate you using your Amex Offer at Princess Cruises. You'll be rewarded with a $150.00 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer terms."

Thanks for the help!

-Andrew :)

Me too. We paid a partial payment on an existing cruise yesterday. The credit is already on our Amex statement. We have the Blue card.

Cheers, Denise

Great news, thanks for sharing!

Im going to try it and will let you know too.

Denise, did you call in to your TA or make payment online?

Also, did you make the payment on a Princess Cruise or a Carnival Cruise?

TIA

I have a cruise with Princess in Feb 2019 and have not yet made my final payment. How do I get the credit? Do I have to contact American Express directly? Princess?? If Princess, do they know to give me the OBC? My husband and I have two separate cards (separate billings) - can I get the credit if we each pay separately?

Great news, thanks for sharing!

Im going to try it and will let you know too.

Denise, did you call in to your TA or make payment online?

Also, did you make the payment on a Princess Cruise or a Carnival Cruise?

TIA

I paid through my TA. Royal Princess 49 day South America. 2-2-19. Excited.

Cheers, Denise

I have a cruise with Princess in Feb 2019 and have not yet made my final payment. How do I get the credit? Do I have to contact American Express directly? Princess?? If Princess, do they know to give me the OBC? My husband and I have two separate cards (separate billings) - can I get the credit if we each pay separately?
You have to load the deal/offer on your card before you do anything else. Then you make a min. $750 payment to Princess, however you would normally make your payment. Then the $750 charge will show on your account, with an offsetting $150 statement credit. It is not OBC. And yes, you and your husband should both be able to get the credit, presuming the deal is offered on each card. Good luck!

Did you activate the offer on your card? You can't just make the purchase and get the AMX credit, correct?

You must load the offer on your cardfirst, then pay the $750. We did the payment through our TA. We have used this every time it has been offered. Can’t beat 20%.

Cheers, Denise