American Express Offer Is Back

mrcliff

Thanks for sharing.

The offer showed up on both my business card & my husbands personal card.

Not sure it will work on the final payment needed for my upcoming Carnival, simply due to the language of having to make reservation between Sept & Oct of this year. And I didnt book direct with Carnival.

However, wont hurt to book us another cruise under my husband.

In addition, since it is also on my business card, without any connection to my husband, I think its time my company had a board meeting. I need some advisory members to discuss strategy, anyone want to join in?

My only concern is what type of travel insurance, reimbursement, loss of this, cancellation of that does Amex offer compared to Chase Sapphire Reserve, which I use for all my travel. Im not sure any other card can beat thier coverage.

So maybe partial payment with Amex, other part with Chase so you get the best of both worlds?

I was able to take advantage of the last offer by booking both of us three FCDs on our last cruise in February. The charges came across individually, but the offer was still applied to my account.

We are getting on the Royal on Monday, but we have prepaid gratuities and enough OBC that we wouldn't spend $750 additional. Maybe I'll find another cruise to book.

No, that link does not work at all.

Errors out.

If anybody can post a back-door link that works, I will try that!

We did take advantage of the past offer. Not sure if that would mean that we would get the 'Already used this offer' message or not.

If this means 'any offer from world cruises', then it. has been used. But if this is considered a new and different offer, it should be good.

But, on the one card, we loaded it to our card, but then did not take advantage of that offer before it expired.

So, I am thinking it should work on that card.

No, that link does not work at all.

Errors out.

If anybody can post a back-door link that works, I will try that!

We did take advantage of the past offer. Not sure if that would mean that we would get the 'Already used this offer' message or not.

If this means 'any offer from world cruises', then it. has been used. But if this is considered a new and different offer, it should be good.

But, on the one card, we loaded it to our card, but then did not take advantage of that offer before it expired.

So, I am thinking it should work on that card.

I've had to use that back door link every time I've used the offer (I think 4 times so far over the last couple of years) since it never shows up in my offers. The last couple times it took a few days or so before it started working. I'm still hopeful it will work eventually.

Do you know if this offer works for Delta Amex? My husband checked his account and their is a cruise offer which seems to be directing him to a specific cruise on the Caribbean princess and travel agent for an obc. Anyone?

Does anyone know how to use this on a US Bank Flexperks Amex?

Last spring the offer did not shop up on affinity cards such as Delta or bank issued cards such as US Bank. It only showed up on general cards directlky issued by American Express.

At some point last spring, it could be added to the affinity and bank issued cards using the link

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html

But that link is not showing the offer at this time.

Did rates go up due to 3FF?

Yes -

Yesterday morning when I looked the pricing for a cruise I have been looking at, it was the same as it has been for weeks. But when I looked at 2 AM today:

a) inside - up $241/person

b) oceanview - up $241/person

c) Balcony - no change

No -

But at 8 AM today, the rates had changed again, even lower than they had been for weeks:

a) Inside - down $40/person (down $281 since 2 AM)

b) Oceanview - down $40/person (down $281 since 2 AM)

c) Balcony - no change

Maybe-

Your experience may vary.

Hi all , I have a question that deal with AMEX credit card. I thought some of you may know. Does AMEX Offers a deal of being able to cancel/change flights without any panelists if you pay $25.00 extra when booking the flights? I once heared that but I can’t find anything about it. Thanks so very much

I've had to use that back door link every time I've used the offer (I think 4 times so far over the last couple of years) since it never shows up in my offers. The last couple times it took a few days or so before it started working. I'm still hopeful it will work eventually.

Thanks!

I think we have also had it show up on our card. well after the initial offer went out.

We will keep checking!

It isn't showing up for me and the regular backdoor link isn't working for it yet either. :-( www.americanexpress.com/wlcl

Hopefully it will work soon!

Was this the link for adding the offer to non-Amex issued Amex cards?

Edit:

Never mind. I see that https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html is the link for other Amex cards. Too bad it's not showing there.

It did not shown up and when I used the link to add it said It had been used. [emoji35]

Not sure how you 'used the link' to add it to your card if there was no link showing up on your card?

What link????

That's the problem. The one link goes to the page with the cruise lines on it. If I click on Princess it takes me to the Princess page...so I guess I could call TA and tell them to put down $750 on 2019 cruise....but I want to know from someone else that this showed as credit back on their AMEX! It doesn't show up on either of my AMEX cards as an offer to use or as an offer waiting to be used. I think last time I got brave and went ahead and it did work. Not sure I'm that brave this time!

I'm not sure what you mean. My card is a Hilton Amex but it was issued through Amex.

There are Amex cards issued by banks such as Bank of America and not Amex directly. These normally don't offer the various deals that show up on the Amex issued cards. The last time the cruise deal showed up, the "backdoor" link allowed cards such as a BoA issued card to take advantage.

That's the problem. The one link goes to the page with the cruise lines on it. If I click on Princess it takes me to the Princess page...so I guess I could call TA and tell them to put down $750 on 2019 cruise....but I want to know from someone else that this showed as credit back on their AMEX! It doesn't show up on either of my AMEX cards as an offer to use or as an offer waiting to be used. I think last time I got brave and went ahead and it did work. Not sure I'm that brave this time!

You must have the offer BEFORE you make that $750 charge.

On Amex issued cards there is HOME page. If you scroll down that page they show "offers". You have to find the "World's Leading Cruiseline" offer and click on "add this offer to my card.

Only AFTER doing this will you get the credit.

There are Amex cards issued by banks such as Bank of America and not Amex directly. These normally don't offer the various deals that show up on the Amex issued cards. The last time the cruise deal showed up, the "backdoor" link allowed cards such as a BoA issued card to take advantage.

For people reading this thread - if that backdoor link does start to work please come back on here and let the rest of us know.

I also remember that last time it took a week or so before it showed up there.

Yes, I know that... Which is why I am wondering how that person clicked on the offer, and got the message that they had already used that offer, if it wasn't showing up on their card. What link did they try to use?

If it was showing on their card, then it would have been a new and valid offer. Not one that has already been uploaded and used.

You must have the offer BEFORE you make that $750 charge.

On Amex issued cards there is HOME page. If you scroll down that page they show "offers". You have to find the "World's Leading Cruiseline" offer and click on "add this offer to my card.

Only AFTER doing this will you get the credit.

And that’s what I don’t have, is that offer option. On some previous offers there was a link that somehow got you connected to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk