Should I be frustrated/Is it worth pursuing a resolution?

Grantl14

So they made the mistake, you have proof of the mistake, they admit to the mistake but wont do nothing about it? Not that they care one iota but this would be my last Royal Caribbean cruise. Ever. I would make sure every friend I know that even thought about sailing Royal reconsiders them too. This is piss poor customer service and bad business. YES! You absolutely should be frustrated!

The way you worded it made me a bit more frustrated, but hey on a brighter note I see your in North GA, were coming down from Woodstock! Hope you enjoy Harmony, that’s one we want to sail on next!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I had an issue, I found the person responding from Michael Bayley's office was of no help, he also set up a time to call me and then he forgot to make the call. However, the head of the department which created the issue was sincerely interested in providing a resolution, and ultimately did so. Try emailing Sebastian Drakalovich, Associate Vice President, Consumer Outreach sdrakalovich@rccl.com. Include how long you and your parents have been cruising with Royal, C&A level, etc. This is not the individual who I reached out to for my issue, but it's the best contact I can find for yours. Good luck. I know you'll enjoy your cruise either way, but I think it's worth pursuing further ... decorations are not a sufficient remedy for a $1,200 error made by their employee.

Thanks, shot him an email in hopes, but if this fails wil probably be my last try. I did include our status, and that we have occupied the presidential suite on oasis and allure, not at all for snooty reasons, really to show we aren’t just trying to get money back and mess with Royal, I really do think we are pretty loyal customers who have spent a good amount of money and time with these guys.

Interesting that in post 32 Grant was happy and ready to move on, and now the well meaning folk of CC have him unhappy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I was still unhappy with the resolution but didn’t know I had access to anymore resources that have now been brought to my attention from this post. What’s the point of being negative, as that’s all the comments you have made here have been quite irrelevant.

Thanks for this, it did make me feel a little less stupid. I really don’t even know where I would start now even if I did still want to try and resolve more, not much higher I can go than the executive office I would assume. Anything would offset the frustration a little, some OBC, drink package, something for their mess up. But, as some have stated, oh well, I should have researched further before agreeing, but I really thought prices changed all the time and didn’t question the Royal agent, as one would assume he knew what he was doing.

If you're actually just going to pay it and go, then you may as well write this all up and send it to Michael Bayley's office. There's a point where it's just too confusing to verbally explain everything when you call and emails seem to go through many lower levels of handling, and I tire of re-explaining everything each step of the way, so just go back to Customer Service 101, pre-internet and write a letter and mail it to the CEO and explain it all fully.

Also meant to ask... what were you expecting to be paying for the 2 people you wanted to add to the regular room before you made the call and got the mis-information? Just wondering about the $1,200 you basically are paying, so that'd be essentially a $600/person cost to add people to a room, and it's basically that they moved the room and you lost and had to re-book some activities or other cruise-planner purchases that were now more expensive, right?

You should try to get a feel for what this mis-information has really cost you, not so much the rep's mis-stating the price, but what you probably would've paid had you gotten what you originally were calling about without anything being messed up on the existing booking.

Also meant to ask... what were you expecting to be paying for the 2 people you wanted to add to the regular room before you made the call and got the mis-information? Just wondering about the $1,200 you basically are paying, so that'd be essentially a $600/person cost to add people to a room, and it's basically that they moved the room and you lost and had to re-book some activities or other cruise-planner purchases that were now more expensive, right?

You should try to get a feel for what this mis-information has really cost you, not so much the rep's mis-stating the price, but what you probably would've paid had you gotten what you originally were calling about without anything being messed up on the existing booking.

Like I said in an earlier post, I was just calling to get a quote, really not expecting to book right that moment. When I was told this price, I figured why not go ahead and do it? This is where I’m frustrated, as I was never expecting to pay an additional $1200 right then and there, was just going to see what the price was and talk about it with the family. But no, the previous day we cancelled all excursions in Labadee since we saw a cabana open up, and opted to do a beach day instead of zipline, jet ski, and mountain coaster. When we cancelled, these credits sit in limbo in your royal Caribbean account for about a day before they actually refund to your card (I had no idea about any of this, as when you cancel it just says your getting a refund to the original point of payment.) since these funds were sitting in our account, the agent missed that and just saw the quote the computer was giving him, which was -$21.

I think that is absolutely horrible that they did not do more for you, especially since they said, “that it was so wrong and an unacceptable mistake.”

Hope that this last person that you contacted makes it right for you.

BTW, Happy Birthday!

Like I said in an earlier post, I was just calling to get a quote, really not expecting to book right that moment. When I was told this price, I figured why not go ahead and do it? This is where I’m frustrated, as I was never expecting to pay an additional $1200 right then and there, was just going to see what the price was and talk about it with the family. But no, the previous day we cancelled all excursions in Labadee since we saw a cabana open up, and opted to do a beach day instead of zipline, jet ski, and mountain coaster. When we cancelled, these credits sit in limbo in your royal Caribbean account for about a day before they actually refund to your card (I had no idea about any of this, as when you cancel it just says your getting a refund to the original point of payment.) since these funds were sitting in our account, the agent missed that and just saw the quote the computer was giving him, which was -$21.

Gotcha, so you were induced to do it because of the price which was mis-information. That price is for 4 in the cabin, now, right? How much less would it be with only 2 in the cabin? That'd at least be the differential where you can identify your exact loss because of the mis-information.

Gotcha, so you were induced to do it because of the price which was mis-information. That price is for 4 in the cabin, now, right? How much less would it be with only 2 in the cabin? That'd at least be the differential where you can identify your exact loss because of the mis-information.

Original cabin for 2 was around $1400, now we are at $2600. Yes, it is a decent price, but if I would have been told this I would have waited and talked with the family of course before diving in.

Original cabin for 2 was around $1400, now we are at $2600. Yes, it is a decent price, but if I would have been told this I would have waited and talked with the family of course before diving in.

Actually, I think $2600 for 4 is a terrible price, the 3rd and 4th are almost paying for their own cabin but have to share with 2 others.

Update: Just received a call going over everything from executive office via the Michael Bayley email (thanks for that tip to whoever gave it). They said they were working on getting a resolution approved, but didn't want to let me in on the exact details yet because it is "pretty significant." Should be back in touch tomorrow!

Edited by Grantl14
mispelling

Update: Just received a call going over everything from executive office via the Michael Bayley email (thanks for that tip to whoever gave it). They said they were working on getting a resolution approved, but didn't want to let me in on the exact details yet because it is "pretty significant." Should be back in touch tomorrow!

giphy.gif

Actually, I think $2600 for 4 is a terrible price, the 3rd and 4th are almost paying for their own cabin but have to share with 2 others.

I guess you're right when you put it that way, and I would see if it were all adults, but were all really close college buddies, as long as we have space to lay were all good.

I am confused is the $2600 now for 4 people? So how much would it be for just 2?

Yes the $2600 is for four. It was originally $1400 for two, which is what is bringing on the $1200 difference. It is an extremely confusing situation, hard to explain to the reps, and hard to explain on here. SO we paid in full $1400 for the original two. Monday, we saw a cabana in labadee opened, and opted to have a more chill beach day, so we cancelled out zipline, jetski, and mountain coaster (this total was about $1200 as well.) SO when you cancel an excursion, and it says its going back on your card, it really gets added to your royal caribbean account, sits for about a day causing an overage, which THEN gets put back on your card. Since we called before the credit had left our account, that extra $1200 for the added guests was being taken out from the excursion balance that was on hold on our account. The agent didnt look at this, simply saw the computer said -$21, told us that, and booked it. Still may be confusing, but thats the best way I can type it all out.

Edited by Grantl14
typo

Way to go OP. You stood up for your rights. Companies should own their mistakes and make it right. I hope Royal does right by you.

I really am not trying to be one of those people who complains and demands things, which is another reason I posted here and asked for opinions on the situation. I truly would have been happy if Royal had said, sure, we see our mistake and can go back to the original two and original price, would that work? Instead, I was basically told, we messed up, we gave wrong information, but you can either pay it in 3 days or cancel your cruise and we still keep $1000 deposit. Just doesn't seem right, but after being on hold and transferred all day long, I really wasnt giving any other options, and figured I couldnt do anything else other than suck it up and be positive. I really am thankful for this post and getting the correct email!