CCL Shareholders stock

Lyndonn

CCL today $62.685 appears to be at this time in a slow recovery mode from its 52 week low of $56.45 on 7/3/2018. The 52 week high was $72.70 on 1/30/2018.

In contrast the RCL stock is currently $125.74 with a 52 week low of $101.20 on 6/5/2018 and a 52 week high of $135.65 on 1/29/2018.

The dividend rate is $.50/share/quarter or $50 each quarter for the required 100 shares. Add that to the OBC one gets from owning the stock, it can add up.

Personally we bought the stock during the great recession at bargain rates. It has been a fantastic success for us.

We are in the dividend re-investment plan and got a full share for the first time this quarter. So our original 100 shares is now 126.

We also reinvest the dividends. A good investment now, and if they decide in the future to up the shares required for the benefit, it won't hurt as much. ;)

Bought our 100 shares in early June at just over $60/share. Should I be expecting dividends on that now, or do I need to wait another quarter? Currently at $63.38/share.

i think you should get the dividends when it is paid which should be today or sometime next week

Bought our 100 shares in early June at just over $60/share. Should I be expecting dividends on that now, or do I need to wait another quarter? Currently at $63.38/share.

While you await your first dividend, you might google "ex-dividend date" and "dividend payable date".

The investment world is a minefield for occasional investors, but knowing what the above terms mean can help a lot. (it did for me)

• Like 1

While you await your first dividend, you might google "ex-dividend date" and "dividend payable date".

The investment world is a minefield for occasional investors, but knowing what the above terms mean can help a lot. (it did for me)

Thanks. I am learning. Most of our money is in retirement funds. My first, and so far only, stock purchase has been CCL. Figured a great way to learn.

• Like 1

Thanks. I am learning. Most of our money is in retirement funds. My first, and so far only, stock purchase has been CCL. Figured a great way to learn.

I purchased the stock from within my IRA so did not have to put out one dime out of pocket .

I purchased the stock years ago when it first went public . It split 2 times , sold it then bought back a few years ago, mainly for the OBC's .

CCL turns out to be my best stock investment ever .

It does have its ups & downs but long term has been very good.

I worked for a public international corporation based in the US. The employees bought shares in the company every quarter (voluntary) where the shares were sold to us at a 10% discount. I used it to enhance my retirement income. I would imagine Carnival does the same for permanent employees such as ship officers.

I believe stock dividends are used to buy more stock (reinvest) at the price of the stock the day the dividends are distributed. I can check it in a few days.

I worked for a public international corporation based in the US. The employees bought shares in the company every quarter (voluntary) where the shares were sold to us at a 10% discount. I used it to enhance my retirement income.

A lot of people at Enron did that too. There is a reason that essentially all financial planners tell you not to do this with a significant amount of money.

• Like 2

When my husband still worked, his 401K allowed him to buy and sell stock within the plan. Of course, we took advantage and purchased our 100 shares. When he retired and could get into his account, and we had gone to a financial planner, we told them to invest in what would bring us more money with the understanding that we would always have 100 shares of the stock. The planner has been very pleased over the years with the way the stock has gone and we are happily cruising every chance we can, using the credit on each cruise!

Happy cruising!

A lot of people at Enron did that too. There is a reason that essentially all financial planners tell you not to do this with a significant amount of money.

I remember the Enron melt down as I was on site a block away when it happened. I have met former Enron employees who are now having to work well into their 60's as a result of losing their nest egg. My company allowed me to sell at any time (and many did sell the next day) so I watched the stock price plus it was a much better run international company which still exists today. While I bought company shares each quarter, I also had a 401k which was not invested in my company stock and worth considerably more than my company stock.

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2018 at 12:18 PM, paul929207 said:

We are in the dividend re-investment plan and got a full share for the first time this quarter. So our original 100 shares is now 126.

Why do you own more than 100 shares?