Free cruise for winning the Bingo ticket raffle now down to a 5day cruise

fstuff1

im currently on the gem 11day cruise (sept 2018).

you get raffle tickets when you buy the pull tabs that they push before each show at the Stardust theater.

you also get raffle tickets when you buy bingo cards.

in the past, the free cruise for winning the raffle was a 7day.

on this cruise, they announced that the winner of the raffle gets a free 5 day cruise :(

you get raffle tickets when you buy the pull tabs that they push before each show at the Stardust theater.

on this cruise, they announced that the winner of the raffle gets a free 5 day cruise :(

I would no longer cruise then. Only a 5 day FREE cruise is not worth it.

I used to work for a Fortune 10 company. We always knew when the bad quarters were coming from when the admins couldn't buy pencils and other office supplies. The company would start cutting pennies when they were losing millions.

Cutting the prize from 7 days to 5 days reminds me of such silliness and I can't help but wonder if NCL's business isn't really doing all that great and the word has come down to start making cuts.

While I don't do either games that is a real slap in the face; there are so few 5 day cruises when compared to 7 day ones.
Of course they don't expect you to actually use it on a 5 day cruise, they expect to upsell you to a 7 day cruise.

I used to work for a Fortune 10 company. We always knew when the bad quarters were coming from when the admins couldn't buy pencils and other office supplies. The company would start cutting pennies when they were losing millions.

Cutting the prize from 7 days to 5 days reminds me of such silliness and I can't help but wonder if NCL's business isn't really doing all that great and the word has come down to start making cuts.

Not really hard to find. Just look at a chart for NCLH. You will see their stock price is the same now as it was in 2015. I always buy NCLH for the $100/$250 OBC, but after I sell it. Have also owned CCL. I keep that one and the gains alone have paid for a few cruises. :D

Of course they don't expect you to actually use it on a 5 day cruise, they expect to upsell you to a 7 day cruise.

It's just ONE cruise anyway, double occupancy? Which probably means you probably will buy a second, and pay gratuities on both. I highly doubt NCL is loosing money on the deal.

Bingo and raffles were always a bad idea, just got worse.

We won the “free” cruise on our cruise in April. The restrictions are pretty extensive (no school break times, only for 2 people, 5 days or less, only Caribbean or Bahamas, interior room) so we had zero intentions of using it but I earned a cruise from my company that just happens to return on the same day as a cruise that qualifies for our free cruise departs so we will be using it. But the “free” 3 day cruise is costing us almost $400 for port fees/taxes and gratuities. I would guess a large percentage of them never get used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well their stock is certainly doing well. I don't know why that would be the case if they were having problems.

To me, a free cruise is exactly that: how many days is really not important. :rolleyes:

Now I will say, finding a 5 day NCL cruise isn't easy, so chances are not many will even bother trying to use the "Free" cruise.

Well their stock is certainly doing well. I don't know why that would be the case if they were having problems.
Actually, the stock is not doing well by most measures but you are referring to past performance which has absolutely nothing to do with my point.

We won the “free” cruise on our cruise in April. The restrictions are pretty extensive (no school break times, only for 2 people, 5 days or less, only Caribbean or Bahamas, interior room) so we had zero intentions of using it but I earned a cruise from my company that just happens to return on the same day as a cruise that qualifies for our free cruise departs so we will be using it. But the “free” 3 day cruise is costing us almost $400 for port fees/taxes and gratuities. I would guess a large percentage of them never get used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did not realize it also was for an interior cabin.

Happy you were able to combine two "free" cruises.

Yeah, they aint just giving away a cruise. All the sheeple have to buy rip off tickets to bingo and such to even have a chance at winning this 'prize'.

Yeah and lets not forget you have to pay for a cruise to be able to get the raffle tickets.

I would just get a sailaway cabin and then purchase the URT (Ultimate Raffle Ticket) Package because the free cruise becomes astronomical when you factor in the price of the UBP and choosing your cabin and then adding the cost of the DSC both on this cruise and the free cruise. At least with the URT you can see your raffle tickets before you buy the bingo ... I'm getting confused now.

Not really hard to find. Just look at a chart for NCLH. You will see their stock price is the same now as it was in 2015. I always buy NCLH for the $100/$250 OBC, but after I sell it. Have also owned CCL. I keep that one and the gains alone have paid for a few cruises. :D

How much stock do you need for the OBC?