FCC ‘s

eyegirl

Generally yes. The Future Sales person will be pretty busy with embarkation duties however you can purchase them on the ship's intranet (Princess @ Sea) or you can simply fill out the purchase form outside the future sales office and drop it in the box.

You can drop the form at the sales person's desk, but it may be a day or two before the purchase is processed.

I'm boarding a ship on Nov 19th (the last day of 3 for free) and want to apply it IMMEDIATELY to another cruise....do you think that there is any way for this to happen?

thanks

PS I already have the next cruise booked but want to change my deposit to a FCD

I'm boarding a ship on Nov 19th (the last day of 3 for free) and want to apply it IMMEDIATELY to another cruise....do you think that there is any way for this to happen?

thanks

PS I already have the next cruise booked but want to change my deposit to a FCD

I'm not sure they'll let you do that. I don't think they allow ex post facto FCDs.

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that you would have to cancel your current booking, and, then, when on board, rebook.

Please let us know whether or not they allow you to do it.

I'm not sure they'll let you do that. I don't think they allow ex post facto FCDs.

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that you would have to cancel your current booking, and, then, when on board, rebook.

Please let us know whether or not they allow you to do it.

I am HOPING that I can buy FCD when I board, have it post immediately, then call my travel agent to cancel and rebook....all in the same day [emoji15]

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

I am HOPING that I can buy FCD when I board, have it post immediately, then call my travel agent to cancel and rebook....all in the same day [emoji15]

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Hmm. It might work. However, you might be tripped up by any delay in the processing between the time you make the request on board and the time it is posted your Princess account. Even if you hand your credit card to the Future Cruise planner on board, and you see him enter your request on his system, I don't think there is any guarantee that it will be posted immediately. Same thing if you use the Princess@Sea facility. These requests could all be batched for an update at night. Now, if in any of these alternatives, you are given some kind of confirmation number, then I think you're golden.

All you can do is try.

Good luck.

As others noted: the general answer to your question is "yes".

BTW: it's a Future Cruise Deposit.

It may seem picky to some but, as posted above, it is a Future Cruise Deposit - FCD. One is issued a Future Cruise Credit - FCC - when there is an issue with a cruise or something of that sort. In that case Princess will issue a FCC to be used against a future cruise within a certain time frame. I think it's a year but having never been in that situation I'm not sure. It is always best to learn, and use, the proper terminology to avoid confusion. What you purchase onboard to use as your future deposit (and get OBC for doing so) is the FCD.

You can do what others have suggested, but IMO, you have no control over when the FCD will post to your account. I guess you can go with the idea that you will have to beg for a hurryup.

Out of curiosity, what's the rush? Why can you not allow a day or two or three for the FCD to post to your account and then notify your TA?

From experience I will tell you that if you wait until later in your cruise any FCD that you apply for will likely not post until the last day of your cruise or even the following week. Future Cruise Consultants/Captains Circle reps are that busy.

Y...

Out of curiosity, what's the rush? Why can you not allow a day or two or three for the FCD to post to your account and then notify your TA?

OP said the day they board is the last day of the Three For Free sale. That's the rush.

We did just what you're trying to do once. We booked a cruise plus a bunch of FCCs and she was very accommodating. Just depends on how busy she is with the Bon Voyage group (if there is one) and other duties. Just explain your situation and I'm sure she'll be accommodating.

Since there is a rush due to the expiring promo I would do as you suggest. Patiently and nicely camp out to speak with the future cruise person. I know I have had FCD credit show up within hours of dropping my form into the box so I know that it can happen quickly. If one can get access to the proper person and explain the reason for the rush I believe they could be accommodated. Running out of FCD is a bummer. We did that once but were fortunate to be able to do a BVE to get more. We are currently out again due to having 4 cruises booked (what a terrible problem to have :p) but have a cruise coming up in November and will get more. I don't want to ever be out again.