Carnival Vista Itinerary Change

mah/pah

Booked on Vista Nov 25, 2018 departure out of Galveston. Just noticed itinerary changed - reversed order of ports - no problem and aware of Carnival change policy - BUT, 1. No notice from Carnival - discovered on own, 2. When I called their Customer Service, they claim it was never changed (I have printouts if the original itinerary, which differs from what is now posted on line and what their staff recited). Anyone else on 11/25/18 Vista notice this? Anyone know the reason for the apparent change?

Booked on Vista Nov 25, 2018 departure out of Galveston. Just noticed itinerary changed - reversed order of ports - no problem and aware of Carnival change policy - BUT, 1. No notice from Carnival - discovered on own, 2. When I called their Customer Service, they claim it was never changed (I have printouts if the original itinerary, which differs from what is now posted on line and what their staff recited). Anyone else on 11/25/18 Vista notice this? Anyone know the reason for the apparent change?

I know availability sometimes will make them change around a schedule. Some ports can handle less ships than others. Ive had itineraries changed before but always for weather reasons. They didn't change the actually ports themselves right, just the order of which you're going to them?

YES! Same thing happened to me yesterday, Vista cruise out of Galveston, but in October. Flipped port order. Which is fine with me, but as with OP when I called, my vacation planner said it had not changed, didn't know why it would, and although I had my original email showing the original itinerary in front of me, she said I must have be mistaken! Kinda made me a little miffed. I forwarded to her my original email just so she would see I wasn't crazy but haven't heard back. I tried to book an excursion and it says that they are not available yet.

Do the others on your roll call know about this?

In the past when this has happened we have received an email from Carnival informing us of the change. They will never tell us why but just call it operational considerations.

Last time a few years ago on the Dream it was due to engine problems so they moved stuff around to accommodate slower spped.

Carnival doesn't care about any private excursions. In fact, booking private excursions, then expecting Carnival to notify you of a change in itinerary so you don't lose the money you spent on those private excursions, is contrary to Carnival's mission statement which is: Make More Money.

It's not Carnivals responsibility to make sure that private excursion companys makes money. As far as Carnival's "mission statement" goes, that should be the mission statement of every company, whether they admit it or not.. If a business doesn't make a profit how do they stay in business?

Thanks for the heads up. I am booked 10/28/2018 on the Vista and my itinerary has been reversed. For the first time I have booked all Carnival excursions so I should be okay there but normally I book private excursions. No word from Carnival yet. I also noticed they changed my "Tulum and Mayan village" excursion to "Ancient City of Tulum" without notification. "Tulum and Mayan village" is no longer offered.

If they changed the itinerary today like as in this morning. It can take a day or so for the email notifications to be sent to everyone. If you booked with a travel agent, they have to pass the news onto you. If you have not received a nonfiction, maybe a bit a patient. it can take a while for all of the systems to be fully updated.

I just had them switch DR ports for a cruise next year.....Amber Cove to La Romana. Doesnt matter to us. But you are right, no email/heads up of anykind....

I have one excursion booked through the ship, no email yet, but keep watching. I have one booked through Victor Bodden. He emailed me that he had been notified of the change in itinerary and my excursion was moved. I'm ok with whatever port order the Vista ends up with. But am curious.... I be we'll get an email later today or tomorrow. Actually, the new order would work better for me so either way :):):)

I'm on the ship on the 25th. I recieved an email about the change.

Thank goodness I saw this thread. Checked an my Vista sailing on 10/14 has changed. Now to email all my private excursions....
Still waiting for a response from Nachi Cocom ... I'm nervous they will be full for our new date. Good luck with yours!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk