First time on celebrity - booked

cruisin 07

Just got off a Carnival cruise out of San Juan the Fascination. Me - my 6th cruise, my wife's first. So she wanted to go again. So Summit, because it's a smaller ship and being refurbished before we sail like the Fascination. We sail on Oct 26 out of San Juan. Only 1 island is a repeat. Can't believe with the freebies offered by Celebrity our cruise is $500 cheaper than Carnival. So looking forward - a year out but gives us something to dream about. We took the $300 on board credit and the drink package.

Just got off a Carnival cruise out of San Juan the Fascination. Me - my 6th cruise, my wife's first. So she wanted to go again. So Summit, because it's a smaller ship and being refurbished before we sail like the Fascination. We sail on Oct 26 out of San Juan. Only 1 island is a repeat. Can't believe with the freebies offered by Celebrity our cruise is $500 cheaper than Carnival. So looking forward - a year out but gives us something to dream about. We took the $300 on board credit and the drink package.

Congratulations and enjoy your first Celebrity cruise. Never sailed with Carnival, but after more than 23 years with RCI, Celebrity has become our preferred line in the last few years. The Southern Caribbean itineraries are among our favorites as well. We, too, will be on Summit out of Puerto Rico, however our sailing is in November.

As far as the ships themselves, Fascination and Summit are from two entirely different generations.

Fascination is an old design. I think it originally had only around 14 or so balcony cabins. There are more now, but they can only retrofit so much. It looks boxy with all the windows.

Summit follows the more recent trend of fitting as many balconies as possible. It is only 7 years younger, but they learned a lot in that time period.

Welcome to Celebrity. We've been once on Carnival (Paradise) and once on Celebrity (Infinity). Getting ready to do our 2nd on Celebrity (Silhouette) in November. Two completely different lines. We think we've found our cruise "home" on Celebrity!

As far as the ships themselves, Fascination and Summit are from two entirely different generations.

Fascination is an old design. I think it originally had only around 14 or so balcony cabins. There are more now, but they can only retrofit so much. It looks boxy with all the windows.

Summit follows the more recent trend of fitting as many balconies as possible. It is only 7 years younger, but they learned a lot in that time period.

Summit will also be completely refurbished starting in early 2019.

After multiple Carnival cruises, we cruised on the Summit January '18 out of San Juan. We loved it so much we cancelled a Havana suite in the Horizon to cruise again in two weeks in the Equinox. Celebrity is so much nicer in terms of food, service, clientele, and atmosphere, you'll never miss Carnival. Have a great cruise! I hope you love it as much as we did.

We sailed Carnival twice out of San Juan. We had booked a third cruise with them and they inadvertently cancelled on us. The best thing to ever happen as we booked Summit that year - 2014. Coming up to our 9th Celebrity cruise and my cruise line of choice. We are back on the Summit Oct 27 and back next October so will look forward to seeing it after revolution refurbish.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We love the Summit and are going on her for B2B2B cruises in October, 2018. I think you might enjoy our youtube videos of our Summit cruises in 2016. Lots of pics of the ship (pre refurb), ports, food, etc...

Edited by existentialtraveler

I am so excited to go on Celebrity Equinox! But not until Feb 2019 unfortunately. We've only cruised Royal (7 times) and once on NCL. How does the Main dining Room seating work? Can you request a table for 2? Normally, we travel with the kids and there's usually 6 or 7 of us. Never travelled with just 2 of us. Or is it better to let things just happen as they may? The way I see it, you miss the opportunity to get to know others. But if others are the miserable type, you/re better off alone? Thanks!

I am so excited to go on Celebrity Equinox! But not until Feb 2019 unfortunately. We've only cruised Royal (7 times) and once on NCL. How does the Main dining Room seating work? Can you request a table for 2? Normally, we travel with the kids and there's usually 6 or 7 of us. Never travelled with just 2 of us. Or is it better to let things just happen as they may? The way I see it, you miss the opportunity to get to know others. But if others are the miserable type, you/re better off alone? Thanks!

The MDR works the same as with RCI - early/late/and my time seatings, and you can request a table for two if you want - just talk with the maitre d when you board.