East or West Caribbean cruise

liorgal

Hi,

We are a couple with 3 kids(12,9,2 at the time of the cruise) and planning to take are first ever cruise with the Symphony next October.

Which route is it better to take? the east Caribbean(St. Kitts, St. Thomas, CocoCay) or west(Honduras, Costa Maya Mexico, Cozumel Mexico and CocoCay)

Any suggestion would be appreciate.

Thanks.

I have sailed the Western more than Eastern not because of preference but because it's more accessible for us to leave out of New Orleans. However, if I were choosing from the two itineraries for my family, I would choose the Eastern itinerary. You can never go wrong with the Virgin Islands. Plus I personally prefer a balance of sea days to port days. I am not a fan of 4 ports of call on a 7 day cruise. I don't feel like I get to really enjoy the ship. But that is just me and my opinion. You won't go wrong with either choice.

Hi,

We are a couple with 3 kids(12,9,2 at the time of the cruise) and planning to take are first ever cruise with the Symphony next October.

Which route is it better to take? the east Caribbean(St. Kitts, St. Thomas, CocoCay) or west(Honduras, Costa Maya Mexico, Cozumel Mexico and CocoCay)

Thanks.

Definitely the east.

Hi,

Thanks.

While I prefer western, for a first time cruiser on the largest cruise ship in the world, I'd recommend eastern for more sea days. The ship has so much to do and see, you may need the extra time on board to do as much as you can. If it was any other class ship I'd say western.