Central Park vs Boardwalk Balconies

Just wondering if theres a preference of these two options. I think the Boardwalk looks fun but slightly concerned of the noise. When the door is closed, can you hear much? Are the boardwalk balconies geared more towards families?(Reason I ask is the offer included 4 meals at Johnny Rockets, soda package and rock climbing.) It would just be DH and I.

Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-N950W using Forums mobile app

We just cruised on Harmony in a Central Park balcony and loved it. We were on deck 11 starboard side. We used the balcony quite often especially in the evening listening to the live music being played in CP. Music was played until 10pm.

Just wondering if theres a preference of these two options. I think the Boardwalk looks fun but slightly concerned of the noise. When the door is closed, can you hear much? Are the boardwalk balconies geared more towards families?(Reason I ask is the offer included 4 meals at Johnny Rockets, soda package and rock climbing.) It would just be DH and I.

Thanks!!

Central Park balconies are usually quieter, but the outside area can be warmer than Boardwalk.

We've done Central Park and Boardwalk Balconies multiple times on multiple ships. We prefer Boardwalk. We feel there's more to see, you can sometimes 'see the sea', and it's not loud from our experiences. In fact, our loudest was a Central Park balcony that was too close to the pool area and the band that played at the pool was so loud for many hours during the day.

We've done Central Park and Boardwalk Balconies multiple times on multiple ships. We prefer Boardwalk. We feel there's more to see, you can sometimes 'see the sea', and it's not loud from our experiences. In fact, our loudest was a Central Park balcony that was too close to the pool area and the band that played at the pool was so loud for many hours during the day.
That's great to know that you preferred Boardwalk! Thanks for the reply

Thank you. Can’t tell when viewing the deck plans. The deck plans they have now are not as detailed as they used to be. You don’t know if the public venues are on the deck you are viewing, or if the venues shown are below that deck. Previously, the venues were listed along with the definition of the cabin categories. You were also able to see the whole ship from overhead.

When the balcony door was closed (and Locked) there was no noise in our Boardwalk balcony cabin. For some reason LOCKING the door made a big difference. :)
Really good to know. We have one booked for the first time on Symphony andd also wondering about noise.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Really good to know. We have one booked for the first time on Symphony andd also wondering about noise.

You will quickly learn about locking the balcony door because the A/C does not work if the door is unlocked.

We have sailed on Allure 4 times and 3 of those times we sailed in a Boardwalk balcony. The last time was in June and the noise was louder than it had been in the past. I don't know if the volume was amped up or what, but even with the door closed and locked, we could hear the movies on the screen in the Aqua theatre.

I would not cruise in a Central Park balcony even though I love Central Park. In summer it is hot and humid when cruising and it is hotter and more humid in that area as there is no air movement.

We sailed in January as well as summer and it was still hotter and more humid than the Boardwalk area. The perks don't make a lot of difference to us, as the meal at JR is for UP to 4, so if only two in the cabin, it's one meal. I am not a soda drinker so that makes no difference to me.

The free lunch at a specialty restaurant seems to be better than the JR lunch/dinner, but the wine given to guests is definitely not one that anyone would probably buy. JMO.

I was on the 9/16/18 sailing of the Allure and had a Central Park cabin (10215) and was a happy camper, especially liked sitting on the balcony when the piano and the guitarist were performing. Gave my free lunches to my kids which they enjoyed, and gave the bottle of wine to the room guy, and he was pleased with the gift.

Thanks for the replies already. I'm also trying to figure out what the obstruction would be on these end rooms. Does anyone have any insight here? Thanks again![ATTACH]430159[/ATTACH]

We've had 11729 on Oasis and absolutely no obstruction. I guess maybe if your on Harmony or Symphony the Ultimate Abyss may be the obstruction. Great cabin and view