Soda (Only Card)

chabad

36 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Hi Tom ~

I just found my plastic cups and straws from our last cruise 2 years ago - they are still wrapped because we never used them. I was thinking about bringing them with me on our next cruise since we are buying the package again. Did the bartenders refill the tumblers after they were used? Wasn't there a hygiene issue? I never understood how that worked.

They will not touch the soda gun to the cup. That would be the hygiene issue.  😉

19 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

They will not touch the soda gun to the cup. That would be the hygiene issue.  😉

I guess it's the same when people refill their own at a fast food restaurant but the bartenders on board are probably more careful!

30 minutes ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

Yes, they refilled the tumblers every time they came back to them. Same person was drinking out of them so I've never seen a hygiene problem with reusing them. If you want them in a "new" glass every time, they'll provide that too. In fact, when I gave them my cruise card the first time on this last cruise and asked for regular coke, no ice, and got the glass I realized that the old way with the large plastic cup was no longer being used. After using small glasses for a container a couple of times, I remembered that I had seen a plastic tumbler that was on a close-out in one of the shops and went upstairs and picked one up and started using it. From then on, it was just the same as before the change, only there was no sticker on the cruise card. They usually did take the cruise card, though, as they were apparently supposed to swipe the card to account for the use of the soda card. At least that's what I assumed they were swiping the card for that reason. 

Tom

I actually wasn't thinking about my own hygiene as crazy as that might sound ~ as uber careful as they have been recently on the ships I thought they wouldn't do it because of ship protocol. Kind of like their rule for getting a new plate or glass at the buffet for refills.

Hygiene Issue:  If I use a tumbler on Saturday, and bring it back to the bar to be re-used on Sunday, without having washed it in very hot water in the meantime, it is a hygiene issue!  

And I prefer the bartender not putting his hands on someone's dirty tumbler and then touching nice clean glasses.

I hope they did away with the tumblers!

• 2 weeks later...

Someone mentioned that you can bring on as much soda as we wanted -- if we wanted to bring on soda...  Do you know if there is a limit to the size of the cans we can bring on?  Just wondered if we would be able to bring on energy drinks as well -- since those come in 16 oz cans and we prefer the zero calorie ones of a certain brand....

3 hours ago, iewe said:

Someone mentioned that you can bring on as much soda as we wanted -- if we wanted to bring on soda...  Do you know if there is a limit to the size of the cans we can bring on?  Just wondered if we would be able to bring on energy drinks as well -- since those come in 16 oz cans and we prefer the zero calorie ones of a certain brand....

I don't think it would be a problem. As long as it isn't alcoholic Princess seems pretty open about what you can bring. My wife sometimes brings some bottles of flavored water stuff she likes. Nobody has blinked an eye. I don't believe your energy drinks would be an issue just because they are in a slightly larger can.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:18 PM, Pierlesscruisers said:

It's a very minor point but I believe you'll find that the soda card is actually $8.05/day not $8.50 a day. Also it also still includes unlimited hot chocolate as well as the sodas also. One other change is that now it no longer includes the tall plastic tumbler with the screw-on cap and hard plastic straw that it used to either. This was the case on the Ruby on 22-29 Sep. of this year anyway. Luckily, I had a larger container that served in it's place.

Tom

Thank You for the information. I must look round for a cup with a clip on lid, have soup mugs that would work, and at 16 fluid oz., I wouldn't need to go to the bar for a fresh drink as often. That will solve the problem nicely.