Your opinion matters Survey

molly361

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I got that survey too for a booking I made a few weeks ago.  We booked a JS GTY and received an email welcoming us to Sky Class even though no cabin has been assigned yet.  I also got a call asking if I had any questions about our upcoming cruise, even though it is still over 3 months out.  I have also now received 3 reminder emails that my final payment is due soon.  Not sure why this reservation is getting so much attention and my others aren't, not that any of them need any attention.

I booked a refundable rate for one of the OV Panoramic suites.  She quoted me the correct price, I reiterated that I wanted to make sure it was refundable,  she told me the price which was what I had seen online (There are only 2 of them and for some reason when there is only one left you have to call them you can't book it online)

Received my booking invoice and she booked me in a NON REFUNDABLE JS  -  Called and they wanted to correct it but I could see that creating a cluster ---- if and when I tried to change it.  Ended up cancelling it

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I booked a refundable rate for one of the OV Panoramic suites.  She quoted me the correct price, I reiterated that I wanted to make sure it was refundable,  she told me the price which was what I had seen online (There are only 2 of them and for some reason when there is only one left you have to call them you can't book it online)

Received my booking invoice and she booked me in a NON REFUNDABLE JS  -  Called and they wanted to correct it but I could see that creating a cluster ---- if and when I tried to change it.  Ended up cancelling it

I would have cancelled that too, don't want a reservation that needs babysitting to make sure it doesn't revert back.

Enjoy your first Sky Class!  It is tomorrow if I am remembering correctly, right?

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

I would have cancelled that too, don't want a reservation that needs babysitting to make sure it doesn't revert back.

Enjoy your first Sky Class!  It is tomorrow if I am remembering correctly, right?

Yes it is finally time  Thanks!!!!

On 10/20/2018 at 10:44 AM, molly361 said:

I  Called and they wanted to correct it but I could see that creating a cluster ----

I fully understand and appreciate what you are saying with this statement. I recently looked online and found a cruise I wanted. The website showed the cruise with a refundable deposit was cheaper than the one with the non-refundable deposit which defies logic and has to be a programming/entry error. I tried for an hour to get the lower price, it was more trouble than it was worth. 

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:36 PM, BNBR said:

If this were true, the waiters wouldn't be begging the guests during the cruise to make sure they leave good marks.

You would think this was true......on our Harmony OTS cruise we had very poor MDR service, told the Maitre D'....no improvement, but lots of PR/visits from Maitre D'.  When dinner stretched to almost 3 hours, we decided NOT to go back to MDR.....can you believe that the Maitre D' went hunting all over ship for us (found us in Mexican Rest)....how embarrassing, but he begged us to come back to MDR....we gave it a try the next night....SAME LOUSY SLOW service so that ended our dining in MDR.  Next night, we ate in buffet.  Guess who found us in buffet (the Maitre D' AGAIN).  We were beyond embarrassed and creeped out. He offered FREE dining in specialty restaurant which we declined and he BEGGED US to give a favorable "excellent" on the survey?????  So the survey must mean something 'internally' when rated low, but we have NEVER heard back from RCI...and we wrote a volume on that particular survey (including names).  But to the pedestrian pax, I don't think the survey was meant for them to call/email or contact the pax, but to 'monitor' internally issues....MAYBE (fingers crossed) our survey responses make a difference to them????

Edited by buddylover

33 minutes ago, buddylover said:

You would think this was true......on our Harmony OTS cruise we had very poor MDR service, told the Maitre D'....no improvement, but lots of PR/visits from Maitre D'.  When dinner stretched to almost 3 hours, we decided NOT to go back to MDR.....can you believe that the Maitre D' went hunting all over ship for us (found us in Mexican Rest)....how embarrassing, but he begged us to come back to MDR....we gave it a try the next night....SAME LOUSY SLOW service so that ended our dining in MDR.  Next night, we ate in buffet.  Guess who found us in buffet (the Maitre D' AGAIN).  We were beyond embarrassed and creeped out. He offered FREE dining in specialty restaurant which we declined and he BEGGED US to give a favorable "excellent" on the survey?????  So the survey must mean something 'internally' when rated low, but we have NEVER heard back from RCI...and we wrote a volume on that particular survey (including names).  But to the pedestrian pax, I don't think the survey was meant for them to call/email or contact the pax, but to 'monitor' internally issues....MAYBE (fingers crossed) our survey responses make a difference to them????

I think it's more than obvious that the survey means something. 

I know the maitre d creeped you out, but clearly he was trying to make you happy. I appreciate that effort a lot. 

51 minutes ago, BNBR said:

I think it's more than obvious that the survey means something. 

I know the maitre d creeped you out, but clearly he was trying to make you happy. I appreciate that effort a lot. 

Yes, I certainly understand the motive of the Maitre D', but to be hunted down was wayyyy 'above and beyond' normal and quite embarrassing.  The effort that should have been exerted was NOT to make sure we rated him 'highly', which clearly they had not earned, but instead to correct the problems in his dining room, which NEVER occurred. One would 'think' that if we returned he would have put in a ton of "EFFORT" to make sure our table was served in less than 3 hours....and that NEVER happened.  I would have "appreciated" that EFFORT the MOST!!

Edited by buddylover

The ships get some of the comments that passengers write.

We were on the Anthem in 2015. We wanted to play pool, in the Music Hall. 

There was a meeting of Senior Officers in the Music Hall, taking place at the time.  We ask if we could play pool whilst the meeting was taking place. The answer was yes as they were discussing the comments from the passenger survey on a previous cruise.

1 hour ago, buddylover said:

Yes, I certainly understand the motive of the Maitre D', but to be hunted down was wayyyy 'above and beyond' normal and quite embarrassing.  The effort that should have been exerted was NOT to make sure we rated him 'highly', which clearly they had not earned, but instead to correct the problems in his dining room, which NEVER occurred. One would 'think' that if we returned he would have put in a ton of "EFFORT" to make sure our table was served in less than 3 hours....and that NEVER happened.  I would have "appreciated" that EFFORT the MOST!!

Anyone else reading this on a cell phone?  Almost impossible, very script like. Really surprised how different it looks on my laptop.  Doesn't bother me at all.  

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Anyone else reading this on a cell phone?  Almost impossible, very script like. Really surprised how different it looks on my laptop.  Doesn't bother me at all.  

I am on my desk top right now. I went on my cell phone to check out the difference. Wow. It is much easier to read on my computer than on my phone

Never get a response from end of cruise survey but always get one from mid-cruise survey.  If the ship doesn't hand out a mid-cruise survey, I write a note and leave it at guest services.  My comments are both good and bad when appropriate.  Have seen them take immediate action on some of them.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:20 PM, grandgeezer said:

What do the people who don't have the internet do? Their opinion doesn't matter, not that any of them do.

Hmm. If they don't have access to internet in this day and age I'm not sure if their opinion does matter. LOL

• Haha 1

On 10/19/2018 at 3:36 PM, BNBR said:

If this were true, the waiters wouldn't be begging the guests during the cruise to make sure they leave good marks.

On our Freedom cruise the week of Oct 6 our waiter told us at least five times to be sure we rated both him and the food high marks.  It was so annoying.

On 10/19/2018 at 3:04 PM, BNBR said:

Sigh... you don't see the relation?  If Royal didn't care, then neither would the waiters. 

And obviously Royal cares, which is why THEY ARE SENDING YOU THE SURVEY.  

They care enough to abuse the waiters if the waiters get a bad review, which is defined as anything less than perfect.

They may or may not "care" enough to contact each person who mentions a complaint. When you think about it, they're sending out thousands of surveys every week. If only 10% of their customers fill out surveys, that's more than 10,000 surveys *per week* they'd have to read in order to respond to each one.

It's far more likely that they're taking random samples of surveys to review by hand, but letting a computer tabulate the numbers from the vast majority of them.

1 hour ago, Eslader said:

They care enough to abuse the waiters if the waiters get a bad review, 

Not sure what you define as 'abuse' but I doubt that abuse of the waiters is part of the RCI on-board culture. Based on passenger feedback, they may not get rewarded with time off, or promotion, or some other benefit, and they may not get their contract renewed, but abused??????  

I don't recall ever being contacted re post-cruise survey, but as others have posted they sure take notice of mid-cruise survey &/or on-board feedback. On one cruise we provided negative feedback re MDR and the next night both head waiter and Maitre D' visited us to make sure all was good, and we were again asked as we left the dining room. They didn't chase us down all over the ship though :classic_biggrin: