Women scared by towel monkey!

jordanaire

I read on John Heald's page that a woman and her mother entered their cabin after dinner and was scared to death by a towel monkey hanging from the ceiling! She stated that she was so frightened that she went to Guest Services to complain about it. She was told that it is common for the cabin stewards to place a different towel animal in the cabins every evening after dinner. The woman stated that she wasn't aware of that and that she hated the idea. She even went as far as demanding a new cabin steward! Can you believe that? I just hope that the next cabin steward greeted her with a towel tarantula the next evening!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wow, and I spend the week trying to preserve my towel animal menagerie.  Those critters don't hold up so well when you try to move them to more convenient locations.  I often feel guilty that the room steward is having to spend his/her time making the animals for an adult only cabin:classic_wacko:

• Like 3

It takes all kinds. The amount of effort that goes into making towel animals is for pax enjoyment. Haven't Cruised Carnival for a few years until this past May and loved walking out onto deck the last day to see all those animals " Chair Hogging"!

• Like 1

JH has been known to invent stories for his blog to generate additional comments.  This story might be one of those "embellishments".

That said, when I cruise solo,  I ask my cabin steward not to make towel animals.  When we travel as a couple, and they remain in the room, I generally arrange them in "suggestive" poses, a sort of daisy chain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, evandbob said:

JH has been known to invent stories for his blog to generate additional comments.  This story might be one of those "embellishments".

That said, when I cruise solo,  I ask my cabin steward not to make towel animals.  When we travel as a couple, and they remain in the room, I generally arrange them in "suggestive" poses, a sort of daisy chain.

Curious how you know they are “invented.”

I think there's  chance that JH embellishes some of his stories, maybe taking a minor complaint and blowing it into something bigger, but then I read some of the crazy stuff people post here and on the various social media cruise groups, and suddenly the stuff he posts doesn't seem so far fetched.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, sprint180 said:

I think they needed to go on a crusty old cruise line.  Don't think a "fun ship" is for them

LOL ... even HAL (my favorite line) has towel animals and surprised us with our very first hanging monkey on our very first cruise

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Curious how you know they are “invented.”

JH has spent most of his work life embellishing and inventing tales for his audience.  His career has been great practice urging folks to buy that inch of gold, shop at a Carnival sponsored ships, scaring guests from taking independent excursions in port and convincing them that they cannot afford to miss the next must see theater talk.  I'll even venture that he pushed Park West sales when he was just a CD.

He continues these same practices as brand spokesman with his blog.  The best way to get comments from his audience is to create tales like this.  If his blog response count falters, he can use his salesman tactics to rile up his faithful and increase his blog count.

The times JH gets mentioned on CC are usually with some vague announcement or a story like the one quoted that started this thread.

Just as kids get to learn that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are not real, most repeat cruisers learn to use critical hearing skills when listening to any CD.

Edited by evandbob

12 minutes ago, evandbob said:

JH has spent most of his work life embellishing and inventing tales for his audience.  His career has been great practice urging folks to buy that inch of gold, shop at a Carnival sponsored ships, scaring guests from taking independent excursions in port and convincing them that they cannot afford to miss the next must see theater talk.  I'll even venture that he pushed Park West sales when he was just a CD.

He continues these same practices as brand spokesman with his blog.  The best way to get comments from his audience is to create tales like this.  If his blog response count falters, he can use his salesman tactics to rile up his faithful and increase his blog count.

The times JH gets mentioned on CC are usually with some vague announcement or a story like the one quoted that started this thread.

Just as kids get to learn that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are not real, most repeat cruisers learn to use critical hearing skills when listening to any CD.

How do you know that they’re invented or embellished?

3 hours ago, Rudyard said:

I think there's  chance that JH embellishes some of his stories, maybe taking a minor complaint and blowing it into something bigger, but then I read some of the crazy stuff people post here and on the various social media cruise groups, and suddenly the stuff he posts doesn't seem so far fetched.  

Aint that the truth.

I read some of the stuff on here and just sit and shake my head.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, evandbob said:

You mean Santa and the Easter Bunny are FAKE?????? Say it isn't so

• Haha 1