Alaska Deployment 2020

Coral

Note Pacific Princess is in Alaska. I have no clue why they pulled her from Europe. 

It would make more sense if she was doing a unique itinerary but it doesn't appear to be so.

Edited by Coral

13 hours ago, Coral said:

Note Pacific Princess is in Alaska. I have no clue why they pulled her from Europe. 

It would make more sense if she was doing a unique itinerary but it doesn't appear to be so.

Thank you for the information.  I was hoping the Pacific Princess would do a 14 day like we did years ago on the old Royal Princess.  Ports like Kodiak and Seward were in the itinerary.  

Hey Coral,

perfect, thank you so very much for this!

interesting to see Princess switches Grand and Star. And I thought Golden switched to P&O Australia?

Apparently from August 2020...

Coral, do you also have Canada/New England for 2020? Or anyone else, please?

Edited by shipfriend_max

Well that answers the question of what ship will replace the Grand out of San Francisco for a short time. There's still hope that we may get a newer ship in 2021 since the Star will be going to P&O.

Edited by sfkaren

16 hours ago, Coral said:

Yeah, I'm wondering about that decision.  Last time they had her in Alaska I'm not sure it was really a success - although it worked out real well for me because I was able to get rock bottom pricing for a back to back on her.  I'll have to keep an eye out for that opportunity again.

3 hours ago, sfkaren said:

Well that answers the question of what ship will replace the Grand out of San Francisco for a short time. There's still hope that we may get a newer ship in 2021 since the Star will be going to P&O.

Well, I for one am kind of happy they are finally moving the Grand and giving us a slightly newer ship in San Francisco.  I wish it could have been one of the Royal class ship but that would be asking for an awful lot, right??  

So looks like Golden is not transferring to P&O in Spring 2020 as previously announced. (Or maybe Princess just wanted the additional Transpacific sailing). Is there really enough demand for both the R/T Los Angeles and R/T San Francisco all summer? Guess we'll find out. 

Two things to note:

Considerably more sailings not going to Glacier Bay; 

And none of the four ships sailing the open jaw Voyage of the Glaciers (Royal, Coral, Grand, Pacific) have a Skywalker's. Big omission for glacier viewing or just relaxing on sea days.

And yes I too am surprised Pacific Princess is not calling at some unique ports as well. Though good that Icy Strait is on every Coral northbound sailing (as it was on Island this past season).

I also noticed that there is only one cruise out of San Francisco that includes Tracy Arm, Endicott Arm and Dawes Glacier is now on the itinerary, which in reality for the most part is where the ship has sailed the last couple of years as the entrance of Tracy Arm has been blocked by ice.

4 minutes ago, new2cruise said:

What does NCF stand for at the far right end of the Fares spreadsheet, and how do you qualify for the Captain's Circle Launch savings?

Thank you!

Non Commissionable Fare (it's for TAs) and you need a Captains Circle Number.  So you need to have cruised with Princess before.

Thank you for these as well, Coral!  I was wondering which ship would do the San Francisco route in 2020.  Quick question, does anyone else notice that the Captain's Circle Launch Savings says $75?  Isn't it always $100? 

Edited by rocklinmom

2 hours ago, Cathygh said:

Hi

Thanks so much for doing this. I am hoping to go to Alaska in 2020. Just  a couple of questions.

Do the UK prices include flights?

Is a denali explorer or connoisseur tour worth taking?

Cheers

Cathy

The connoisseur tours are definitely worth taking.  Take the 15 day cruise tour with the land tour before the cruise.

6 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

Hey Coral,

perfect, thank you so very much for this!

interesting to see Princess switches Grand and Star. And I thought Golden switched to P&O Australia?

Apparently from August 2020...

Coral, do you also have Canada/New England for 2020? Or anyone else, please?

I would love the Canada/New England 2020 also.

Thanks,

Cynthia

8 hours ago, CruisinMinnie said:

Thank you for the information.  I was hoping the Pacific Princess would do a 14 day like we did years ago on the old Royal Princess.  Ports like Kodiak and Seward were in the itinerary.  

Me too!!!! 

Looks like I will be booking the HAL -  14 day itinerary in 2020.  Was hoping Princess would do at least a couple of similar sailings  :classic_sad: 

32 minutes ago, fishywood said:

What is being released in November is Summer 2020 (Europe, Japan, Alaska).

Canada/New England for Autumn 2020 won't be available until sometime next spring.

I think the schedules are out - I just don't have them.

They are opening November 6th and 8th.